A Question for MrNoitAll or stlbrd

sadienclaysmom

Okay you two obviously know a lot about the sb teams in TN. Now when I ask this please be kind!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I have always been told that when you have question ask the experts. Right? So here it is, remember be kind to my team lol, North Greene will be playing either Midway or Coalfield on Friday night. I know from other posts that both teams have excellent pitchers. I know first hand about the Coalfield pitcher. Do either of you have any insight that you would be willing to pass along?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay you two obviously know a lot about the sb teams in TN. Now when I ask this please be kind!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I have always been told that when you have question ask the experts. Right? So here it is, remember be kind to my team lol, North Greene will be playing either Midway or Coalfield on Friday night. I know from other posts that both teams have excellent pitchers. I know first hand about the Coalfield pitcher. Do either of you have any insight that you would be willing to pass along?

Dear sadienclaysmom

You are right about one thing and that is to ask an expert and that would be me! You see if you are from East Greene you know how us people live here in the "park". We don't them big fancy houses or lots of $$$$ like my rich friend "birdman" has or the fat 401k's or whatever you call them.....I know it has to do with $$$$ and I ain't much of it only the free stuff that our Great President is givin away.

Midway has a great record but lookin at who they have beaten they should have a great record. When they did play some good teams that got that butt spanked for them. Coalfied has beaten so real weak teams that I have seen in tourneys this spring.....if you all are good you should be comin to the "Boro" Midway looks like a better team but I wouldn't be thinkin about winnin the big prize. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

The main thing when you face "dominant" pitchers, is to PUT THE BALL IN PLAY. Be agressive at the plate, most "power" pitchers work around the plate, not off of it. Make their defense work, whether it is small ball or not. Make their defense field GROUND balls. What I have seen a lot of over the years, the teams with the dominant pitcher seem to have average defenses. Fielders seem to become complacent since their pitchers are striking everyone out.

Put the ball in play, pressure the defense. Errors have a way of getting into the pitchers head. Once on base, make sure your runners are agressive. Make the outfielders throw in front of your base runner, may cause an errant throw.

Make sure your girls KNOW they can win, regardless of who is pitching.

Now...........wasn't that better than Mr. NoitAll's post?

The main thing when you face "dominant" pitchers, is to PUT THE BALL IN PLAY. Be agressive at the plate, most "power" pitchers work around the plate, not off of it. Make their defense work, whether it is small ball or not. Make their defense field GROUND balls. What I have seen a lot of over the years, the teams with the dominant pitcher seem to have average defenses. Fielders seem to become complacent since their pitchers are striking everyone out.

Put the ball in play, pressure the defense. Errors have a way of getting into the pitchers head. Once on base, make sure your runners are agressive. Make the outfielders throw in front of your base runner, may cause an errant throw.

Now you see some of us have them college education and some of us don't can you figure out which one doesn't? You see he went to Google and copy this out of book called "How to Play Softball 101" Again he missed the point which team was the best and I believe that I told you so. But hey I luv the guy and his $$$$$$$$$$$$ so you know I ain't goin say to much bad about the man! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Now you see some of us have them college education and some of us don't can you figure out which one doesn't? You see he went to Google and copy this out of book called "How to Play Softball 101" Again he missed the point which team was the best and I believe that I told you so. But hey I luv the guy and his $$$$$$$$$$$$ so you know I ain't goin say to much bad about the man! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I am sure she has seen each team play more than we have..........

Besides, you telling her which team is the best is kind of like you telling me that DC would beat WC.........

I'm still waiting for you to accept my invitation to come watch some good teams play tonight, I'll even pay your way!

I am sure she has seen each team play more than we have..........

Besides, you telling her which team is the best is kind of like you telling me that DC would beat WC.........

I'm still waiting for you to accept my invitation to come watch some good teams play tonight, I'll even pay your way!

I have been invited by some nice folks from Lewisburg to come over and watch that private school out of Nashville play Marshall County tonight......since I said yes before you came up with the offer I better take that one first but we will have plenty of more games to see next week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I have been invited by some nice folks from Lewisburg to come over and watch that private school out of Nashville play Marshall County tonight......since I said yes before you came up with the offer I better take that one first but we will have plenty of more games to see next week! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Alright, I'll let you slide this time.......................

I wanted to respond immediately to the self proclaimed "Mr Know it All's" reply, but I wanted to check on the schedule first. I agree Stlbird, your reply was quite good, as you gave a very good example of how to deal with a dominant pitcher-based team! I'll reply to your points later.

As for Know it all's answer, I can't see Midway (State tourney appearances last 3 years with no success) and Coalfield (probable state tourney appearance this year) winning the state championship, but stranger things have happened! I remember a "lowly Lenoir City" (yes, Knoxville area) team winning the state in 2005 when no one gave them a chance! I had a few students on that team (most notably Sara Vaughn that signed with UT) as I do on both of this year's Midway and Coalfield teams!

As for Midway and Coalfield "so-called getting spanked" in their losses, I have a hard time taking you serious to the point of finally replying to a post from you (which I have not in the past due to the fact that it didn't include any teams that I knew much about). Midway's worst loss of three (1-0 Sweetwater, 2-1 to Mercy Academy, KY) was a 3-0 loss to a very good Meigs Co.! Coalfield's worst loss was 11-0 to Sweetwater (4-0 Collierville, 1-0 to Midway in 9 innings, and a revenge 1-0 loss to Sweetwater), and they had a major quality win over Knoxville power West High School 9-8! TOther than the 11-0 loos to Sweetwater (of which they gained respectability), I don't understand your "candid choice of words such as butts spanked.

StlBird, I did like your post and generally do like most all of your posts. I tend to not post as I am an instructor and seem biased. I just had to reply to the other guy.

Best of Luck to you and your Huskies Bev. I want to see East Tennessee bring as much hardware back with them as possible. But then just getting there is an accomplishment, although some of our more jaded friends back in Middle Tennessee consider it a birthright rather than a goal! LOL

Also we wish the best in your future endeavors!

I heard that this almost worked in the Rossview/Beech game. I agree that good things happen when you put the ball in play, but really good teams will find a way to win. NoItAll was correct about one thing, it doesn't appear that neither Midway or Coalfield has played a tough schedule and like him I will give the edge to Midway based solely on head to head. North Greene has a couple of quailty wins under thier belt which should help them when they play either of these teams. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wanted to respond immediately to the self proclaimed "Mr Know it All's" reply, but I wanted to check on the schedule first. I agree Stlbird, your reply was quite good, as you gave a very good example of how to deal with a dominant pitcher-based team! I'll reply to your points later.

As for Know it all's answer, I can't see Midway (State tourney appearances last 3 years with no success) and Coalfield (probable state tourney appearance this year) winning the state championship, but stranger things have happened! I remember a "lowly Lenoir City" (yes, Knoxville area) team winning the state in 2005 when no one gave them a chance! I had a few students on that team (most notably Sara Vaughn that signed with UT) as I do on both of this year's Midway and Coalfield teams!

As for Midway and Coalfield "so-called getting spanked" in their losses, I have a hard time taking you serious to the point of finally replying to a post from you (which I have not in the past due to the fact that it didn't include any teams that I knew much about). Midway's worst loss of three (1-0 Sweetwater, 2-1 to Mercy Academy, KY) was a 3-0 loss to a very good Meigs Co.! Coalfield's worst loss was 11-0 to Sweetwater (4-0 Collierville, 1-0 to Midway in 9 innings, and a revenge 1-0 loss to Sweetwater), and they had a major quality win over Knoxville power West High School 9-8! TOther than the 11-0 loos to Sweetwater (of which they gained respectability), I don't understand your "candid choice of words such as butts spanked.

StlBird, I did like your post and generally do like most all of your posts. I tend to not post as I am an instructor and seem biased. I just had to reply to the other guy.

Dear "Ruby WD"

Since you are a "Newbie" I would like to say welcome to the Big Folks Message Board. I can tell you are one of them smart people because you are instructor now you didn't say what kind of instructor you are so I want to share with you about me bein an instructor. I also have been teachin to my little "Bubba" I tell him all of the time to listen to those rich folks who have that there degree and maybe someday you will be smart like them. But I am in charge of makin sure all of the trash is pick up around the house and yard, so I have been instructorin little "Bubba" in doin this chore. Now that may not sound as important as you bein an instructor of whatever you instruct but he is doin a good job he has already told me he wants a wife like his mama who does all of the workin and makin the $$$$$$$, so you see I am do a great job as an instructor.

But again these teams do not get out of the county to play good teams, I bet they have a bunch of trailers in both towns which is great because everyone needs a "Park" but to get better you need to play in some of them tourneys around the state! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Best of Luck to you and your Huskies Bev. I want to see East Tennessee bring as much hardware back with them as possible. But then just getting there is an accomplishment, although some of our more jaded friends back in Middle Tennessee consider it a birthright rather than a goal! LOL

Also we wish the best in your future endeavors!

Thank you so very much!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />