CAK vs Alcoa

reaction

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely post about my own games, but in this case, I am going to.

I just wanted to give props to the AMAZING job that Coach Fowler and Coach Gorman have done there at Alcoa. I remember where they started out when I started coaching at CAK in 2003. To build and develop a program of the caliber that they have speaks VOLUMES about their hard work and dedication. Of all the coaches out there, I have spent more time with coach Fowler and Gorman than any other coach. Not only are they great coaches, they are incredible and classy people.

My point is this. No matter the outcome, I am honored to take the field against my 2 good friends. Alcoa is one of the most passionate teams I have ever had the joy of playing against. They will really want this victory. This is the first time that we have played Alcoa where it wasn't a knock out game. I CAN'T WAIT for this one to start.

The final of this game will come down to 2 things:

Who can capitalize on mistakes.

Who will want it more for the whole 80 minutes (or quite possibly longer!)

Either way, congrats to Alcoa and the accomplishments you have so far!

Akula, when this is all over, we are going to the range and have fun with the .54 cal!!!

CAK 2-1...Close game ....Love to see Alcoa get their first one though...I agree Big G Aloca is a class act and has helped the district in many ways...the only difference in this is CAK has been there before and after that huge come from behind win that gives them the edge...Thanks to both coaches for running such great programs!

has everyone forgotten what alcoa did 2 days ago? They knocked off CATHOLIC, who had been to the state tournament for what 6 or 7 years in a row? I do think CAK will win, but it will not be due to lack of experience from Alcoa. I think CAK is just a slight bit better, but I would not be surprised at all to see Alcoa win. Good luck to G and Akula

Congratulations to CAK on another job well done. Congratulations to Alcoa for breaking new ground in the soccer playoffs. You guys are making Blount County proud!

As far as the games on Saturday. It looks like Alcoa will travel to the winner of Elizabethton / Pigeon Forge. CAK will host the loser of that game. The next round moves to Murfreesboro on May 20.

Good luck to both teams. I'm glad we got to play you both.

Thanks ned, and everyone else that posted some nice comments on both programs. Kinda felt like fighting your brother tonight. I wanted to win so badly, but not see someone lose. If that makes sense. Both teams played hard for 80 mins. CAK took advantage of their opportunity early and we never could match that. Both teams put the ball on the woodwork and tested the backline and keepers throughout the match. I can't speak for CAK, but we became a better team tonight. and I hope that will result in a good showing in the sectional match. Best of luck to the warriors, I'd love another match up, but we have a big challenge this saturday to even make the trip to the boro.

Just a sidenote, we beat you in PK's, I didn't really pay attention, but one of my boys whispered it to me so i would mention it. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

News had Pigeon Forge winning 4-1

So if thats the case then it will be Alcoa @ Pigeon Forge, and Elizabethton @ CAK

Not so... I talked to the Pigeon Forge coach last night, and Pigeon Forge lost 2-4. We will play Pigeon Forge at CAK. Not sure of the time, yet.