Can South get the DB monkey off their backs?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES THEY HELPED BUT YOU BETTER LOOK BACK AGAIN. I WAS THERE AND THAT WIN TOOK THE WHOLE TEAM. OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. EVERY KID OUT THERE FOUGHT FOR THAT ONE.

I agree IndianNation,and I believe Jordan Cassell scored the winning td. It was a team effort to win that championship.I believe that might be Graham's problem he puts all his eggs in one basket...and when that one egg gets broken he forgets it takes a TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EFFORT. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You sorta just described the Boys Club. I know the Middle school coaches are involved in that to an extent because I have seen them there coaching. The Boys Club play their finale games at J. Fred on an October Saturday morning. I know because my son got to play in two of those games. At the end of the season he also got a nice letter from Coach Clark encouraging him to continue playing until he reaches DB. The city definitely gives money every year to the Boys Club. So I can't agree with you completely.

SP he didn't sorta describe it. He did describe it almost word for word. The system is in place there but does need MORE SUPPORT from the community, both $ and volunteers. A lot of players at DB and a few at South have come through the Boys Club program. WaCoJaCo says the program is a joke. He should donate his time and money to the program to help improve it instead of sitting on his rear complaining. The individuals who have coordinated that program at the Club over the last few years have done an excellent job with the funding available. Mr. JaCo - put up or shut up. Maybe you could actually go over there and ask what you could do to help. What a concept. Hey SP, you asked him what he would do if he was coach at DB. Maybe he could actually start out at the Boys Club and work his way up through the program like the boys do. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Optimist program in Col Heights has been excellent forever and even improved upon. Am familiar with that program back to the early 70's. I have attended championship games for the Optimist program and the Boys Club program for the last few years and have seen those boys go on to play well in middle school and high school. The whole point here is (just to make sure JaCo gets it), don't point out what every body else needs to do to fix the problem. If it means enough to you, go help fix it.

THEY WON THE CITY AND REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. THIS WILL BE THE CLASS OF 2011.

It doesn't matter what they have done in the past,get ready for a rude awakening.

This year's class that is graduating,lost one as 7thgraders,went undefeated as 8th graders.undefeated as

freshmen,undefeated as jv,and 10-0 regular season than one-done.This year one-done.So what's next?

SP he didn't sorta describe it. He did describe it almost word for word. The system is in place there but does need MORE SUPPORT from the community, both $ and volunteers. A lot of players at DB and a few at South have come through the Boys Club program. WaCoJaCo says the program is a joke. He should donate his time and money to the program to help improve it instead of sitting on his rear complaining. The individuals who have coordinated that program at the Club over the last few years have done an excellent job with the funding available. Mr. JaCo - put up or shut up. Maybe you could actually go over there and ask what you could do to help. What a concept. Hey SP, you asked him what he would do if he was coach at DB. Maybe he could actually start out at the Boys Club and work his way up through the program like the boys do. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Optimist program in Col Heights has been excellent forever and even improved upon. Am familiar with that program back to the early 70's. I have attended championship games for the Optimist program and the Boys Club program for the last few years and have seen those boys go on to play well in middle school and high school. The whole point here is (just to make sure JaCo gets it), don't point out what every body else needs to do to fix the problem. If it means enough to you, go help fix it.

If you really want to know what the problem is with sports in upper east tn. here is a fine example. Its not just that the people don't know, its that they don't know they don't know. What I described in my post is nothing like what goes on at the Boys club. You are taking a small part of what I said and saying that is what they do. Hey, you can't say you had a three cource meal if you only had one helping of mashed potatos on your plate. And I keep hearing you guys talk about what a great feeder program South has. Get real. You people are in the same boat as DB. If it were so great how come you have only won one game over a team west of Morristown IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF YOUR SCHOOL? You haven't even beat DB in 15 years. Even with the greatest player to ever come out of East Tn. you lost 44-0. And last year you were on the march to your first state championship and you lost in the playoffs to Greenville. Yes GREENVILLE! DB can't even win a playoff game and its been 15 years since you have won a game with them. You people can keep on thinking you have a good system. Thats ok. You will never be in a state championship game until you change the system. This area is the laughing stock of the state when it comes to football. Read some of the other threads.

If you really want to know what the problem is with sports in upper east tn. here is a fine example. Its not just that the people don't know, its that they don't know they don't know. What I described in my post is nothing like what goes on at the Boys club. You are taking a small part of what I said and saying that is what they do. Hey, you can't say you had a three cource meal if you only had one helping of mashed potatos on your plate. And I keep hearing you guys talk about what a great feeder program South has. Get real. You people are in the same boat as DB. If it were so great how come you have only won one game over a team west of Morristown IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF YOUR SCHOOL? You haven't even beat DB in 15 years. Even with the greatest player to ever come out of East Tn. you lost 44-0. And last year you were on the march to your first state championship and you lost in the playoffs to Greenville. Yes GREENVILLE! DB can't even win a playoff game and its been 15 years since you have won a game with them. You people can keep on thinking you have a good system. Thats ok. You will never be in a state championship game until you change the system. This area is the laughing stock of the state when it comes to football. Read some of the other threads.

So did all those negative words mean that you're too lazy to help?

What time on Saturday is best for you to volunteer for a few hours at the Boys & Girls club? We have 8-noon or 1-4 open. Please let me know and we'll pencil you. Many thanks for you kind offer of service.

The Kingsport Boys & Girls club fed my son after school, gave him the only Christmas presents he would have ever gotten, filled his life with excellent mentors like Batman, and taught him how to play football. Most coaches remember in 5th grade when they told him to get in a correct 3 point stance. Bobby replied "Coach, I don't know what that is. I've never played football before, sir."

He can play football now thanks for a village of wonderful role models who actually put in their time instead of run their mouth. For those mentors, Bobby will say a personal 'thanks' this fall during football season as he takes your place as a community leader on the field. He's been volunteering time at the Club since he was adopted--- gratitude makes you remember where you came from.

From a community volunteer from behind a teacher's desk for a zillion amazing years....

BTMama

PS- excellent post FirstRebel81

I agree IndianNation,and I believe Jordan Cassell scored the winning td. It was a team effort to win that championship.I believe that might be Graham's problem he puts all his eggs in one basket...and when that one egg gets broken he forgets it takes a TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EFFORT. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Clark's biggest problem is not that he does'nt use all the eggs in his basket, it's that he uses the wrong eggs or forgets about the most important eggs in the basket. Why in the world does he continue to neglect his go to people. When you have a stud receiver, why do you throw it to a skinny, slow white boy because he is a senior and it might catch the defense by surprise. Do you know what is not a surprise? When the boy drops the ball or can't catch up to the pass. Brillant during the season and absolutely brain dead in the playoffs. I believe he is content with killing everyone in the regular season and going to the house in first rounds of the playoffs. He must have a time share rental in late October or Early November. It's time to step up and get it done in the next 2 years or hang it up. I believe he needs this explained to him. He has brought us up a level from where we were in the late 80's and i applaud him for that, but we can't continue to except these early outs. As far as our feeder system, thank God for the Lynn Garden Leauge because the Boy's Club system is a joke and don't get me started on the Middle School system. Please somebody hire St. Claire so we can get rid of him. He needs to be back in Col.Heights where he belongs. I can't believe a former Indian turned against us. Don.t know much about the staff at Robinson but i don't believe they are much better.

What time on Saturday is best for you to volunteer for a few hours at the Boys & Girls club? We have 8-noon or 1-4 open. Please let me know and we'll pencil you. Many thanks for you kind offer of service.

The Kingsport Boys & Girls club fed my son after school, gave him the only Christmas presents he would have ever gotten, filled his life with excellent mentors like Batman, and taught him how to play football. Most coaches remember in 5th grade when they told him to get in a correct 3 point stance. Bobby replied "Coach, I don't know what that is. I've never played football before, sir."

He can play football now thanks for a village of wonderful role models who actually put in their time instead of run their mouth. For those mentors, Bobby will say a personal 'thanks' this fall during football season as he takes your place as a community leader on the field. He's been volunteering time at the Club since he was adopted--- gratitude makes you remember where you came from.

From a community volunteer from behind a teacher's desk for a zillion amazing years....

BTMama

PS- excellent post FirstRebel81

Thats all great, and pretty normal for any program at any Boys Club in the country. See if that helps your boy any when he goes up against a team west of Morristown.

It doesn't matter what they have done in the past,get ready for a rude awakening.

This year's class that is graduating,lost one as 7thgraders,went undefeated as 8th graders.undefeated as

freshmen,undefeated as jv,and 10-0 regular season than one-done.This year one-done.So what's next?

Heart means a whole lot on the field and this group of kids has more heart than any group I've ever encountered (including last years) This group will stick together LIKE FAMILY and dig it out together. They will include all team members in this family even underclassman. They won't attack their own. I will gladly eat my own words if they don't do well. I'm that confident in them. I think if they did that well then, they should be better now.

Now if your talking about coaching then thats a whole different category. I think the coaching staff will do fine this year. I already see several changes they are trying to make. We just need to support them.

Heart means a whole lot on the field and this group of kids has more heart than any group I've ever encountered (including last years) This group will stick together LIKE FAMILY and dig it out together. They will include all team members in this family even underclassman. They won't attack their own. I will gladly eat my own words if they don't do well. I'm that confident in them. I think if they did that well then, they should be better now.

Now if your talking about coaching then thats a whole different category. I think the coaching staff will do fine this year. I already see several changes they are trying to make. We just need to support them.

If we see positive changes then everybody will support them. I just don't think it will go over to well with the fans if we ever see another implosion like what happened against McMinn Co. And everybody saw that one coming.