Can South get the DB monkey off their backs?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco-

I'm glad you found my yoga video helpful. I found your personal video and also enjoyed it. Hope you don't mind me giving out the link:

http://www.cmt.com/videos/brad-paisley/158728/online.jhtml

MOM of OM

aka: you're new big league girlfriend /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

And this has what to do with high school football?

What's the deal with tricitiessports.com ? Seems to be going DOWNHILL quick!

Ain't that the truth. When they first started pushing for subscriptions they were doing a very good job. Once that push was over and they got what they wanted (or they got as many as they could), it started going downhill and looks to have hit bottom. I guess this is a slow time for sports right now, but you would think they could come up with something.

Ain't that the truth. When they first started pushing for subscriptions they were doing a very good job. Once that push was over and they got what they wanted (or they got as many as they could), it started going downhill and looks to have hit bottom. I guess this is a slow time for sports right now, but you would think they could come up with something.

I was looking at it last night and I didn't see Ron Bliss' name anywhere on the website. I wonder if he has left or something?

That's what happens when they charge $50 a year to read up on information that's already available online or in a newspaper.

I think the business model was spot on. And I think it was time to move westward with it. As well, I think their inherent expertice could have trumped publications such as Murphy's Fair with much more accurate and indepth reporting down to the local arena. The problem with growing a business is that it is very difficult to keep the original integrity that made you famous as you grow. In addition to the new demand for additional staff and the management and logistics therof. Without access to copius amounts of cash via a third party investor decisions must be made as to the direction therof. Obviously, to decide to charge a fee for what was santified as being a public service was a terrible mistake. Money could have been made but only from special one off publications with privy information creating a must have following and a heirloom price and of course advertising from the new markets that were essential to respectability statewide. Currently no one is the state authority on Tennessee High School football...especially Murphy's Fair! I don't know what Ron did or is doing but there is money in this state to support such a venture. In a short incubation period the business would have become the statewide authority on Tennessee sports in general...free to the general public with one off publications that would be displayed only in trophy cabinets with reputations therof. I saw the vision as he anounced the special edition publications in the late spring of '08 which would feature the prominant rising athletes for the coming season. I purchased a few for myself including my sons edition and a couple of the other athletes in the area. He had the right idea but needed to make it more exclusive. More personal photos and possibly a complete athlete history and give it a hardbound cover. Would that be something to display along with the All State Trophy? You betcha'. How much would I have paid? Whatever it cost! Who was it...Knute Rockne' that said, "Shoot for the stars...you might not get there, but you will land pretty high anyway!" Ron had the right idea but he didn't believe it. And he was too proud to sell it.