Bruceton

Justadad

Thanks for the info. I thought it was against TSSAA rules, but I have been mistaken before.

Why do you think that it would be a weekly massacre? If they can get 30 boys who want to play, work hard in the weight room, and give 100%, I think they could match up pretty well against their district with a few years experience. Like I said, I have been wrong before.

I have seen it done before...

That would be a blatant violation of TSSAA rules to let kids from Clarksburg play for Bruceton (or Huntingdon or anywhere else but Clarksburg.) Only kids within the school district can play for that school. No exceptions.

And I really don't see Clarksburg starting a football program either. That would turn into a massacre weekly. Maybe they could play Carroll Academy 10 times or something if they start up a program. Clarkburg is a round ball town and definitely should remain one. It's in their best interest.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I thought it was against TSSAA rules, but I have been mistaken before.

Why do you think that it would be a weekly massacre? If they can get 30 boys who want to play, work hard in the weight room, and give 100%, I think they could match up pretty well against their district with a few years experience. Like I said, I have been wrong before.

I have seen it done before...

It can be done. How do kids from Madison play for JCM, just footbal other sports they play for Madison. If school does not offer, then the two schools can get permission from TSSAA to do it.

That would be a blatant violation of TSSAA rules to let kids from Clarksburg play for Bruceton (or Huntingdon or anywhere else but Clarksburg.) Only kids within the school district can play for that school. No exceptions.

And I really don't see Clarksburg starting a football program either. That would turn into a massacre weekly. Maybe they could play Carroll Academy 10 times or something if they start up a program. Clarkburg is a round ball town and definitely should remain one. It's in their best interest.

Schools can set up cooperative programs with other schools to allow students to participate in sports their school does not offer. Link below to TSSAA coop page

http://www.tssaa.org/coopprograms/index.cfm

Schools can set up cooperative programs with other schools to allow students to participate in sports their school does not offer. Link below to TSSAA coop page

http://www.tssaa.org/coopprograms/index.cfm

Camden has a co-op with Big Sandy in regards to football. If the kid can find a way to get to practice....he can play. But why would Clarksburg kids play for Bruceton? Aren't they actually closer to Huntingdon or even West Carroll?

BTW....Excited to see Bruceton and McKenzie back on the Lion schedule /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Camden has a co-op with Big Sandy in regards to football. If the kid can find a way to get to practice....he can play. But why would Clarksburg kids play for Bruceton? Aren't they actually closer to Huntingdon or even West Carroll?

BTW....Excited to see Bruceton and McKenzie back on the Lion schedule /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

it depends on how they go, if they go through the country it is just as fast for some to get to bruceton as the others it really depends on what part of clarcksburg they live in

I know Bruceton's not what they used to be, but to totally put the blame on your coach is not the way to get better. I have watched Tim Gilmer coach when he was a USJ all the way till now and one thing has never changed. He is a great coach. In my observation the talent level has dropped at Bruceton and it is going to take a new attitude among the players to put Bruceton back on top. I wish all the Tigers the best of luck in the years to come. Im ready to see Bruceton back up there competeing every year in the playoffs, im just sad I wont see Gilmer walking the sidelines next year.

Competition for positions would drive an attitude change. Bruceton should have let the Clarksburg kids play...

I know that I would rather play less and be a part of a winning team than playing every down on a losing one...but thats just me.

I know Bruceton's not what they used to be, but to totally put the blame on your coach is not the way to get better. I have watched Tim Gilmer coach when he was a USJ all the way till now and one thing has never changed. He is a great coach. In my observation the talent level has dropped at Bruceton and it is going to take a new attitude among the players to put Bruceton back on top. I wish all the Tigers the best of luck in the years to come. Im ready to see Bruceton back up there competeing every year in the playoffs, im just sad I wont see Gilmer walking the sidelines next year.

By rule, yes they could play for Huntingdon or Bruceton since they don't have a foosball team of their own. I know in the past 30 years we probably haven't had two try it here at Huntingdon but after seeing there baseball team this year I understand that may be an avenue coach goes down very soon. Alot of those kids played football at Beaver so if you got them as freshman it would be a very good situation. I can see a kid from clarksburg going to bruceton before huntingdon simply due to the fact that in the future they'll get playing time alot quicker.

Any Clarksburg folks here who are ready to start a football program? There are boys who want to play. Time to get the community on board.

By rule, yes they could play for Huntingdon or Bruceton since they don't have a foosball team of their own. I know in the past 30 years we probably haven't had two try it here at Huntingdon but after seeing there baseball team this year I understand that may be an avenue coach goes down very soon. Alot of those kids played football at Beaver so if you got them as freshman it would be a very good situation. I can see a kid from clarksburg going to bruceton before huntingdon simply due to the fact that in the future they'll get playing time alot quicker.

My bad, never considered the fact that Clarksburg didn't have a football program and that being the difference maker. I agree that Clarksburg kids might realistically expect playing time sooner at Bruceton than at Huntingdon too. As for Bruceton, I don't really feel they have seriously lacked for coaching so much as lack of top talent in recent years. This is not to belittle their new coach I have to add. There are many variables that go into making a top contending football team and they are all valuable but, there is no initial substitute for talent on the field to start with.

My bad, never considered the fact that Clarksburg didn't have a football program and that being the difference maker. I agree that Clarksburg kids might realistically expect playing time sooner at Bruceton than at Huntingdon too. As for Bruceton, I don't really feel they have seriously lacked for coaching so much as lack of top talent in recent years. This is not to belittle their new coach I have to add. There are many variables that go into making a top contending football team and they are all valuable but, there is no initial substitute for talent on the field to start with.

I keep hearin people on here say no talent but I believe that( correct me if I'm wrong) but that out of the years gilmer was here there has been at least 1 mr football finalist every year but 2 are yall sayin that the jordan kid, the wortham kid the youngest willis boy, the noles kid and the matlock were untalented?