Seymour Head Boys Job

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure the point of comparing McBee's stats to Rasham's, you are comparing the senior star of a team to a sophomore on a top ranked team with alot of other talent.

Either way, as I have said before, we shall see what we shall see.

I will say this, GP will be a factor because of the way they play team ball, not because of a single star transfer. But there is no doubt that this added talent is very necessary if they are to compete with solid programs such as Fulton, Carter, AE, and Union County.

I will also add this . . . Raul is a competitor, both on and off the court, and is well liked and respected as a coach in Gatlinburg. GP is a great school for any player for academic reasons, and any transfers aren't coming to GP just to play basketball. Can the recent transfer to Fulton say the same?

Its going to be an interesting year for this district, no matter how you slice it.

"locals rebel"?!?

I don't know how it is in your community, but we welcome ANYONE into the Gatlinburg community that has a sincere interest.

As the father of one of the "locals", I can state quite clearly that Raul is respected as a coach, and we in Gatlinburg are VERY pleased to have these players interested in attending school and playing, no matter how many transfers become interested.

Let me get this straight . . . a family should be questioned if they want their son or daughter to attend a well ranked scholastic school and play sports there under a coach they feel will work well with their child?

I'm missing the big scandal here.

"locals rebel"?!?

I don't know how it is in your community, but we welcome ANYONE into the Gatlinburg community that has a sincere interest.

As the father of one of the "locals", I can state quite clearly that Raul is respected as a coach, and we in Gatlinburg are VERY pleased to have these players interested in attending school and playing, no matter how many transfers become interested.

Let me get this straight . . . a family should be questioned if they want their son or daughter to attend a well ranked scholastic school and play sports there under a coach they feel will work well with their child?

I'm missing the big scandal here.

GP welcomes anyone huh? I seem to remember going to GP back in the late 90's as a member of Morristown East basketball program and hearing all kind of racial slurs thrown at us from start to finish. I guess you have to play for GP to be welcomed.

I, and the community of Gatlinburg, truly regret such insults ever thrown at a player or coach. Unfortunately, at a public ballgame, you too often hear such ignorant tripe. I've heard it all over, from UT games to local pee wee games, and its very sad - but I would hardly judge a whole community over such stupidity. I will say I have never heard of anyone saying such BS in the two years my son has played, nor would I stand silent if I did hear such. Gatlinburg is, and has been an open community for some time; we have everyone from all points, including a fairly good sized hispanic community and even a fair few Eastern Europeans. There have been no community issues I know of as a result.

We have, unfortunately, yet to totally irradicate ignorance such as you witnessed, but it is not our community way. I invite you to come walk the streets of Gatlinburg on just about any summer day and judge for yourself how everyone, local and visitor alike, is treated.

You might even ask Raul Placeras how he has been treated here at GP.

I, and the community of Gatlinburg, truly regret such insults ever thrown at a player or coach. Unfortunately, at a public ballgame, you too often hear such ignorant tripe. I've heard it all over, from UT games to local pee wee games, and its very sad - but I would hardly judge a whole community over such stupidity. I will say I have never heard of anyone saying such BS in the two years my son has played, nor would I stand silent if I did hear such. Gatlinburg is, and has been an open community for some time; we have everyone from all points, including a fairly good sized hispanic community and even a fair few Eastern Europeans. There have been no community issues I know of as a result.

We have, unfortunately, yet to totally irradicate ignorance such as you witnessed, but it is not our community way. I invite you to come walk the streets of Gatlinburg on just about any summer day and judge for yourself how everyone, local and visitor alike, is treated.

You might even ask Raul Placeras how he has been treated here at GP.

You are correct, can't judge the whole on the actions of a few. Good luck this season to the Highlanders.