New Region 3-5A predictions

holeN1

Posted by rebelfootball76:
Posted by LCstatman:

Just because Cumberland County is 3 and 0, lets not go jumping the gun. They have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win and 7 losses. That does not constitute them being a powerhouse. Lincoln County has lost to 2 teams that are both undefeated. Look for the Jets to be sporting a better record when they host the Falcons come November 2nd but the Falcons should still take care of business on their trip to Crossville. Lincoln County still has to face 2 defending state champions in Riverdale and McCallie that should toughen the Falcons up for the stretch run in the region. I still say it will be:

1. Lincoln County

2. Cumberland County

3. Franklin County

4. Cookeville

5. Coffee County

6. Warren County

That is a good point, but I have played against Cumberland county and they play very well. Their main weapon is thier linemen especially on the offensive side. I havn't played aginst LC yet so I can't really say much about them until next Friday when we play.

don't yall see that if coffee county beats warren county, like yall are predicting, that there is no way that they can finish 2 to last? you only need 2 region wins to make the playoffs. did you all forget that Coffee beat Cookeville?!? :confused:

[Edited by footballfanatic on 9-12-02 9:37A]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by footballfanatic:
Posted by rebelfootball76:
Posted by LCstatman:

Just because Cumberland County is 3 and 0, lets not go jumping the gun. They have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win and 7 losses. That does not constitute them being a powerhouse. Lincoln County has lost to 2 teams that are both undefeated. Look for the Jets to be sporting a better record when they host the Falcons come November 2nd but the Falcons should still take care of business on their trip to Crossville. Lincoln County still has to face 2 defending state champions in Riverdale and McCallie that should toughen the Falcons up for the stretch run in the region. I still say it will be:

1. Lincoln County

2. Cumberland County

3. Franklin County

4. Cookeville

5. Coffee County

6. Warren County

That is a good point, but I have played against Cumberland county and they play very well. Their main weapon is thier linemen especially on the offensive side. I havn't played aginst LC yet so I can't really say much about them until next Friday when we play.

don't yall see that if coffee county beats warren county, like yall are predicting, that there is no way that they can finish 2 to last? you only need 2 region wins to make the playoffs. did you all forget that Coffee beat Cookeville?!? :confused:

[Edited by footballfanatic on 9-12-02 9:37A]

No, actually I didn't forget that Coffee County beat Cookeville, and the more I hear, the more that Coffee County sounds like they might very well win more than 2 region games. They are either better than Cookeville thought, or the Cavaliers geared their defense to stop the pass and the Red Raiders beat them with the run. At any rate, I still say that next Friday night should really shape the picture of the region after Lincoln County travels to Winchester to play Franklin County, Cumberland County plays host to Coffee County and Cookeville journies to Warren County. After that, the picture should start to clear up a bit.

Guest CavalierPride

#1.Cookeville

#2.Lincoln County

#3 Coffee County

#4 Franklin County

#5 Cumberland County

#6 Warren County

I must say that this region will be pretty close to call. But i think after the cookeville game i watched lastnight and the Riverdale/Lincoln County tape that i recived this morning that it will come down to those 2 teams.

Lincoln,Franklin and Cookeville all had big wins lastnight. Riverdale seemed to have shot themselfs in the foot alot lastnight but a Win is a Win for Lincoln County.

People should watch this region all year!

Posted by CavalierPride:

#1.Cookeville

#2.Lincoln County

#3 Coffee County

#4 Franklin County

#5 Cumberland County

#6 Warren County

I must say that this region will be pretty close to call. But i think after the cookeville game i watched lastnight and the Riverdale/Lincoln County tape that i recived this morning that it will come down to those 2 teams.

Lincoln,Franklin and Cookeville all had big wins lastnight. Riverdale seemed to have shot themselfs in the foot alot lastnight but a Win is a Win for Lincoln County.

Show me on that tape where Riverdale shot themselves in the foot even once. They did not turn the ball over even one time, they intercepted a pass in the endzone on the last play of the first half to prevent a touchdown by the Falcon's, they only had 6 penalties for a total of 45 yards, not to mention the fact that Lincoln County ran zero, yes I said zero, offensive plays in the first quarter. The Falcon offense never touched the ball until 11:00 minutes to go in the second quarter. The only thing I saw the Warriors do wrong was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by the receiver who caught the lone touchdown pas which back them up 15 yards on the PAT, causing the kicker to miss it which ended up being the difference in the ball game. That was a lack of discipline by one player, not the whole team. I can't blame you for having faith in your team, but after having seen what happened to them against Coffe COunty, I just don't see it happening.

Guest CavalierPride
Posted by LCstatman:
Posted by CavalierPride:

#1.Cookeville

#2.Lincoln County

#3 Coffee County

#4 Franklin County

#5 Cumberland County

#6 Warren County

Show me on that tape where Riverdale shot themselves in the foot even once. They did not turn the ball over even one time, they intercepted a pass in the endzone on the last play of the first half to prevent a touchdown by the Falcon's, they only had 6 penalties for a total of 45 yards, not to mention the fact that Lincoln County ran zero, yes I said zero, offensive plays in the first quarter. The Falcon offense never touched the ball until 11:00 minutes to go in the second quarter. The only thing I saw the Warriors do wrong was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by the receiver who caught the lone touchdown pas which back them up 15 yards on the PAT, causing the kicker to miss it which ended up being the difference in the ball game. That was a lack of discipline by one player, not the whole team. I can't blame you for having faith in your team, but after having seen what happened to them against Coffe COunty, I just don't see it happening.

b>Cookeville was very UNPREPARED in my book. Lastnight they showed what they can do if they come together as one team and play their hearts out. Im telling you straight up...Cookeville is not finished!

Do you really think Cookeville will win the region I mean i understand you are a Cookeville fan but Honestly! If you think Cookeville is going to win just because they beat Lebanon your wrong. Cookeville doesn't really even have anything goin for them i went and watched them last night and i was not impressed at all. they weren't very fast and they were very small. how are they supposed to compete with Cumberland and Lincoln if they are neither because both teams are strong Cumberland's offensive line is one of the best in the state and should demolish cookeville's d-line and if they couldn't stop the coffee running game then how do they stop the jets? and how can you say cumberland will finish next to last especially below frankin when they beat franklin handily and they played very sloppy.

Posted by CavalierPride:
Posted by LCstatman:
Posted by CavalierPride:

#1.Cookeville

#2.Lincoln County

#3 Coffee County

#4 Franklin County

#5 Cumberland County

#6 Warren County

Show me on that tape where Riverdale shot themselves in the foot even once. They did not turn the ball over even one time, they intercepted a pass in the endzone on the last play of the first half to prevent a touchdown by the Falcon's, they only had 6 penalties for a total of 45 yards, not to mention the fact that Lincoln County ran zero, yes I said zero, offensive plays in the first quarter. The Falcon offense never touched the ball until 11:00 minutes to go in the second quarter. The only thing I saw the Warriors do wrong was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty by the receiver who caught the lone touchdown pass which backed them up 15 yards on the PAT, causing the kicker to miss it which ended up being the difference in the ball game. That was a lack of discipline by one player, not the whole team. I can't blame you for having faith in your team, but after having seen what happened to them against Coffee County, I just don't see it happening.

b>Cookeville was very UNPREPARED in my book. Lastnight they showed what they can do if they come together as one team and play their hearts out. Im telling you straight up...Cookeville is not finished!

If you cannot be prepared for a region game when you only have 5, then that is nothing but poor coaching. I have a feeling that Coach Joslin had them prepared for the game, they just didn't execute. I don't see where you can say they are region champion material when they have beaten a winless White County team, a 1 win 2 loss Lebanon team, and lost, which was a region game, to 1 and 2 Coffee County and is the only team the Red Raiders have beaten. I see them as a first round road team if they finish in the top four.

[Edited by LCstatman on 9-14-02 10:27P]

[Edited by LCstatman on 9-14-02 10:28P]