Unicoi County vs Goodpasture

doodle_bug_1111

Congratulations lady devils on a big win tonight.

I understand from talking to a few fans who were there tonight that Goodpasture actually was a pretty good opponent and gave the lady devils a good game.

I've read so many posts this year about how in order to compete, you have to play tougher competition/tournaments. I agree with those posts whole-heartedly and I personally believe you guys are providing a testimonial to that fact with your performance at the state this week.

Perhaps if some of these middle TN powerhouses would venture East to the NFS or Eastman, and face the stiff competition you had to wade through in those venues, they may improve on their game a little also. You can't convince me you could find any better than the 12 inning epic battle in the Eastman Championship.

Now go finish the job and make sure you pass out a few invitations on your way out of town for some of these powerhouses to come east next year and enjoy some of the best taters & onions they will ever eat.

Good luck ladies!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the Beech game next door to ya'll and when your game was over, we were all thinking that maybe the AA championship finals were tonight. You'd of thought that someone just won STATE by all the hoopla.

Be careful behaving like all that prematurely, and like my daddy used to tell me,, "act like you've been here before"

for goodness sake.

I was watching the Beech game next door to ya'll and when your game was over, we were all thinking that maybe the AA championship finals were tonight. You'd of thought that someone just won STATE by all the hoopla.

Be careful behaving like all that prematurely, and like my daddy used to tell me,, "act like you've been here before"

for goodness sake.

Oh heck, I is a WC fan so I don't have a dog in da fight. Let da girls enjoy the win or upset or whatever you wanna call it. They are young ladies....emphasis on "young".

And you know what...they AIN'T been dar before. This is da first time this year they beat the team dat has won 121 state championships in a row.

You need to relax and let em play and enjoy. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I cant believe some of the comments on here. Goodpasture wont loose 2 of 3 game... Shoot it was "they wont loose a game" befor they met the ladies from Unicoi. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Give Unicoi the respect they deserve. They beat a dam good Goodpasture team. stink it up and act like adults, admit it when you are proven wrong. From what i saw all week the 2 teams from the East gave Goodpasture all they wanted. It just as easy could have been an all E TN winners bracket final. As for Unicoi acting like they had just won the AA state championship.... who knows that may have been the first step. Shoot i was screaming like a little girl myself & im 52 years old pluse my team was all ready back in Knoxville. Go get-um Unicoi...If they wont give you the respect you deserve TAKE it!!!

I cant believe some of the comments on here. Goodpasture wont loose 2 of 3 game... Shoot it was "they wont loose a game" befor they met the ladies from Unicoi. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Give Unicoi the respect they deserve. They beat a dam good Goodpasture team. stink it up and act like adults, admit it when you are proven wrong. From what i saw all week the 2 teams from the East gave Goodpasture all they wanted. It just as easy could have been an all E TN winners bracket final. As for Unicoi acting like they had just won the AA state championship.... who knows that may have been the first step. Shoot i was screaming like a little girl myself & im 52 years old pluse my team was all ready back in Knoxville. Go get-um Unicoi...If they wont give you the respect you deserve TAKE it!!!

couldnt have said it better!!!!!!!!!!! AMEN

Congrats to Unicoi for beating Goodpasture! One game does not earn a championship but it's a good first step.

I am guess many of you are refering to me as a Middle TN elitist... just to clarify, I do live in Mid TN but I do not believe it is the best part of the state for softball. I believe that Chattanooga is still king (or should that be Queen?) of TN softball. When my girls want to play the best we head down to Chattanooga. We know to get better we have to play there. All of the other areas are catching up, Middle TN a little more quickly than West or East TN. But the fact is, many more state championships have been won by Middle TN teams than East TN teams (outside of Chattanooga). There is no disputing that. I'll also add that I was born and raised in East TN and I graduated from UT. There is no bias on my part, I am just stating the facts as I see them. As East and West TN win more championships they will earn more respect but until then the pecking order is still 1. Chattanooga and 2. Nashville/Middle TN.

Good luck to Unicoi, Goodpasture, Beech and all of the other teams still playing for championships!

ps... I am the self proclaimed World's Worst Speller, if you want to make fun of my spelling take a number. Despite my poor spelling you still get my point.

Congrats to Unicoi for beating Goodpasture! One game does not earn a championship but it's a good first step.

I am guess many of you are refering to me as a Middle TN elitist... just to clarify, I do live in Mid TN but I do not believe it is the best part of the state for softball. I believe that Chattanooga is still king (or should that be Queen?) of TN softball. When my girls want to play the best we head down to Chattanooga. We know to get better we have to play there. All of the other areas are catching up, Middle TN a little more quickly than West or East TN. But the fact is, many more state championships have been won by Middle TN teams than East TN teams (outside of Chattanooga). There is no disputing that. I'll also add that I was born and raised in East TN and I graduated from UT. There is no bias on my part, I am just stating the facts as I see them. As East and West TN win more championships they will earn more respect but until then the pecking order is still 1. Chattanooga and 2. Nashville/Middle TN.

Good luck to Unicoi, Goodpasture, Beech and all of the other teams still playing for championships!

ps... I am the self proclaimed World's Worst Speller, if you want to make fun of my spelling take a number. Despite my poor spelling you still get my point.

state the facts and not your opinions and we all will get along just fine!!!!!!!

state the facts and not your opinions and we all will get along just fine!!!!!!!

GO LADY DEVILS!!!!!!!

I hear RESPECT starting to creep into the voices of some of the middle tn doubters! I think I can even hear the sound of them gagging on it!!! I guess the U still dosen't deserve respect though until they win multiple state championships as one idiot put it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Go ahead, keep talking about how the U dosen't play anyone and how e. tn is weak. All you're doing is motivating the U even more. Win or lose from here on out - Unicoi Co. softball is rightfully entitled to and deserves RESPECT!!! P.S. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> (That's e. tn laughing at the doubters!)

for goodness sake.

Well for all the hoopla lil mrs. we support our girls even if it is in little ol East Tennessee. The hoopla is after every game . Win or Lose we know our coaches and players have done what they could, errors happen and cost the game most of the time at this level . Class is how you support and treat your girls and fellow parents of the girls not what you drive or wear to the games.

One other thing- GOODPASTURE- has a great team ,had they of won 2-1 as we did we would have shook hands and loved our girls just the same and not been taunting little ol mothers of players and sending gi joe and fat albert ( THE PROBLEM SOLVER ) ha to get up in the face of one of our eldest fans -"-class have some " and don,t make fun of people celebrating there girls acheivements, or worse comes to worse GET OVER IT

Ummm... I thought the point of message boards is to share opinions. We wouldn't have much to talk about if it was all facts 100% of the time. Furthermore, I don't really care if we all get along or not. Differeing opinions stimulate dialog and there again, I believe that is why we are all here on a message board. I was simply clarifying my position, some of what I said could still be considered opinion. Just because you agree with something it does not make it fact.

As far as respect goes, like a championship, one game does not earn it. Respect is earned through a body of work. Did you loose all respect for Soddy just because they lost to Riverdale? I doubt it. It works both ways, you do not earn or loose respect in a single game.