CAK-Alcoa?

blur25

Congrats Warriors! Looks like another championship sign to hang on the fence. 6 out of 7 years, thats incredible. I'm not well versed about soccer, but I'm a fan of any of CAK's teams. Congrats to Alcoa as well, but Bridge and BC, it sure is sweet to beat ya'll in something /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Just don't get used to it....

Congats to both Coach G's on a great season.

I think we have finally found a school that we can call a district "rival" with the competitiveness that is starting to be found in all sports.

I hate to see Sweetwater fall apart like they have, but CAK is a class act and a good HEALTHY rivalry is emeging.

Congratulations to both CAK and Alcoa on setting themselves apart as two of the best teams in the state, and a big congrats to the Warriors and their victory...I hope the intensity of this rivalry continues on. It sure is more fun to watch that way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to the warriors, they deserved to be champions with the match they played. They held much of the possession which we knew coming in, they are just so disciplined and well coached with their 1 and 2 touch game that we wanted to hang back and look for our counter attacks. We scored first, but they responded with a goal on a corner shortly after that. They scored again to go up 2-1 at half. We tied with a goal on free kick in the second half. CAK scored on another great corner to go up 3-2. We tried to push forward and find the equalizer but I think our legs couldn't keep up with our hearts and minds. CAK scored on a pull out for the final goal. Just want to say congrats again to CAK, and to tell my boys how proud I am of them. We had a great season and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know how badly we wanted to win that final match, but we have come along way and, to my seniors, you have set the bar very high. Remember with each achievement we reach, the level of expectations also rises. We will be back to give it a go again!

G, I guess we can finally get together and hit up the range. =)

That pretty much sums it up. Alcoa wasn't just satisfied to "be there"... they wanted to win it, and proved it by scoring first. That really pumped them up and got us back on our heels for a bit. When we tied it up, we seemed to settle down and get back in our rhythm.

Stone's goal was a sick free kick, especially by a freshman in his first state finals! Wow! What a future he has!

It was REALLY hot. Both teams were lagging near the end. I was really impressed with Sam. What an athlete he is.

Congrats to a FINE season, Alcoa. As Gorman said, you have set a new standard there. Can't wait for a new district rivalry to emerge now!

Just don't get used to it....

Congats to both Coach G's on a great season.

I think we have finally found a school that we can call a district "rival" with the competitiveness that is starting to be found in all sports.

I hate to see Sweetwater fall apart like they have, but CAK is a class act and a good HEALTHY rivalry is emeging.

Very nice post Bridge. Maybe we can recruit some of our soccer players to come help us out on the gridiron. Congrats again to both Alcoa & CAK soccer teams. Great job guys.

What a great game it was! I think our boys were surprised so many of our fans made the trip down, I know I was! The students were great with the support they showed.

It was a really hot day, and it looked like our boys were just really tired at the end. Our boys definitely don't have anything to hang their heads about.

Our boys have turned some heads in the state this year when it comes to soccer; looks like we're not just a football school anymore! My son is already hyped up about next year and the possibilities.

Congratulations to CAK.

I have enjoyed this message board a great deal. While I was never into soccer growing up, my son chose this sport when he was 4 and trying to support him, I have embraced this sport he loves and has given so much time to. I think I even understand it pretty well (laugh). I have learned a good deal about state soccer from the many posts on this board and for this I am thankful. It increases my enjoyment and my knowledge.

It was a great final game, even though my Alcoa boys did not win. I was so proud of them and the effort they gave. I was also very proud of the fan support we had. Alcoa fans are great! I also want to say I am very pleased that my son plays for Tom Gorman. I have watched the practices and I know he understands soccer, but more importantly, he knows how to coach young men and in some instances that is more important then soccer knowledge. Tom does it right. He cares about the players as people and he cares about the success they have in the class room. I cannot tell you the impact it had on my son when Coach Gorman called him over at the end of one practice and asked him about a grade in a certain class. That backed up what he had been hearing at home, that grades come before soccer. My son had a great experience at state and on the way home he informed me, before he passed out asleep, that he was starting training this week to be the best he could be for next year and hopefully make it back to state.

I would be remiss if I did not say how class an act CAK is. I do not know the Head Coach on a personal level, but it is obvious he also builds young men and does it right. CAK has a wonderful team, great fans and great tradition. Two teams fought hard, had great courage and represented their schools, parents and themselves well. Hats off to all them.

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to be part on this message board. It has been fun!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Great post AlcoaDad! Alcoa had a very special year and I know you are very proud. Enjoy these years watching your son play.....from experience I know it goes so fast. Congratulations.

I have enjoyed this message board a great deal. While I was never into soccer growing up, my son chose this sport when he was 4 and trying to support him, I have embraced this sport he loves and has given so much time to. I think I even understand it pretty well (laugh). I have learned a good deal about state soccer from the many posts on this board and for this I am thankful. It increases my enjoyment and my knowledge.

It was a great final game, even though my Alcoa boys did not win. I was so proud of them and the effort they gave. I was also very proud of the fan support we had. Alcoa fans are great! I also want to say I am very pleased that my son plays for Tom Gorman. I have watched the practices and I know he understands soccer, but more importantly, he knows how to coach young men and in some instances that is more important then soccer knowledge. Tom does it right. He cares about the players as people and he cares about the success they have in the class room. I cannot tell you the impact it had on my son when Coach Gorman called him over at the end of one practice and asked him about a grade in a certain class. That backed up what he had been hearing at home, that grades come before soccer. My son had a great experience at state and on the way home he informed me, before he passed out asleep, that he was starting training this week to be the best he could be for next year and hopefully make it back to state.

I would be remiss if I did not say how class an act CAK is. I do not know the Head Coach on a personal level, but it is obvious he also builds young men and does it right. CAK has a wonderful team, great fans and great tradition. Two teams fought hard, had great courage and represented their schools, parents and themselves well. Hats off to all them.

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to be part on this message board. It has been fun!

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />