Classless quote

Best

???Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. "

Did he really say that??? I read this and couldnt believe it...Give Riverdale an ounce of credit here. Talk about a sore loser. Give Riverdale a huge congrats and concentrate on building your team for next year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he did give Riverdale credit if you would have pasted the second part of his quote...

"However, Riverdale was the better team over the past two days and took advantage of the opportunities that we gave them."

And that makes the first part of his quote any better? Kind of arrogant isnt he? He is saying "we" are the better team but "we" let them win. I am with Mr. Best . Crappy comment.

And that makes the first part of his quote any better? Kind of arrogant isnt he? He is saying "we" are the better team but "we" let them win. I am with Mr. Best . Crappy comment.

Can't always believe what you read writers always change things around for the story and don't quote people word for word. Only the coach and the reporter really knows what was said. Ask any of the players when they talk to reporters what they said then read what is printed very rarely is it exactly written as stated. If you really want to talk about classless how about an official sitting with and taunting Beech fans during Friday nights game. Then guess who is behind the plate on Saturday the same classless bias umpire that had two totally different strike zones for each team and don't say it wasn't obvious because it was. Even heard Riverdale fans asking him if he was in a hurry to get the game over and go home when he evened up the strike zone in the 6th inning. That doesn't take anything away from Riverdale but in a championship game it should be a consistent and fair strike zone for both teams. They work to hard to get there to have a bias official behind the plate.

[/font]

Can't always believe what you read writers always change things around for the story and don't quote people word for word. Only the coach and the reporter really knows what was said. Ask any of the players when they talk to reporters what they said then read what is printed very rarely is it exactly written as stated. If you really want to talk about classless how about an official sitting with and taunting Beech fans during Friday nights game. Then guess who is behind the plate on Saturday the same classless bias umpire that had two totally different strike zones for each team and don't say it wasn't obvious because it was. Even heard Riverdale fans asking him if he was in a hurry to get the game over and go home when he evened up the strike zone in the 6th inning. That doesn't take anything away from Riverdale but in a championship game it should be a consistent and fair strike zone for both teams. They work to hard to get there to have a bias official behind the plate.

I agree with Best. He (the Beech Coach) was graceless under pressure on the field and with the media. He was also "out coached" and knows it. Hats off to Beech they are a fine team of young ladies I am sure, but Riverdale slipped up on them twice and hammered it home. I understand some of the Riverdale Team overheard some of the Beech girls talking about picking out their championship rings before the Fiday night game ( it could be called counting your chickens before they hatch )and most likely further fueled Riverdales desire to crush them. Riverdale's program is lead by a man with a rare coaching talent. The girls who play and have played for him are fiercely loyal and the parents bust their fannies for him, but no one works harder than he does. Nice job Warriors.

Great year for both teams, I just think Kat ran out of gas at the end. She pitched a lot of innings this year. I hate it when someone gets on here and starts blaming an umpire, referee, etc. Both coaches are class people and I think I understand where Coach Woods was coming from. Don't deter from the great program Beech has by blaming someone else. They were incredible all year and just had a couple of games when they were not at their best and Riverdale was.

Great year for both teams, I just think Kat ran out of gas at the end. She pitched a lot of innings this year. I hate it when someone gets on here and starts blaming an umpire, referee, etc. Both coaches are class people and I think I understand where Coach Woods was coming from. Don't deter from the great program Beech has by blaming someone else. They were incredible all year and just had a couple of games when they were not at their best and Riverdale was.

I agree Kat ran out of gas and I said that I didn't take anything away from Riverdales performance. This post was about classless. No official umpire should ever be in the stands making negative comments about one team to their fans and then turn around and be behind the plate. Didn't say anything negative about anyone from either team or fans just the official.

???Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. "

Did he really say that??? I read this and couldnt believe it...Give Riverdale an ounce of credit here. Talk about a sore loser. Give Riverdale a huge congrats and concentrate on building your team for next year.

BOTH WERE GREAT TEAMS WE KEPT UP WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY PLAYED EVERYTIME WE DID ON THE NEXT FIELD BUT, I WISH THOSE RIVERDALE PEOPLE WOULD LEAVE THOSE HORNS AT HOME

BOTH WERE GREAT TEAMS WE KEPT UP WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY PLAYED EVERYTIME WE DID ON THE NEXT FIELD BUT, I WISH THOSE RIVERDALE PEOPLE WOULD LEAVE THOSE HORNS AT HOME

HAHA those horns were loud! Riverdale did have one heck of a crowd during the whole state tournament! You definitely could tell if RHS was playing or not from the parking lot! It's good to have enthusiastic crowds like that! It makes the games so much more exciting! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

HAHA those horns were loud! Riverdale did have one heck of a crowd during the whole state tournament! You definitely could tell if RHS was playing or not from the parking lot! It's good to have enthusiastic crowds like that! It makes the games so much more exciting! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

When you've never won anything before you tend to get overly excited, loud and obnoxious. You notice fans from teams at GPS or Goodpasture were well mannered because they've been there many times.

When you've never won anything before you tend to get overly excited, loud and obnoxious. You notice fans from teams at GPS or Goodpasture were well mannered because they've been there many times.

Oh gosh CRY ABOUT IT!!!! They were cheering on their team just like everyone else. Beech's parents had whistles, shakers, bells, and they even bought a horn off of a RHS student. AND their coach told Riverdale's coach that they looked all over murfreesboro for horns because they wanted some for their team!!! So, if Beech didn't have a problem with the noise, it shouldn't matter!!! Nothing new for people to complain about Riverdale parents, students, and teachers supporting their team. How many times have people complained about the drum? If you can't deal with it, here is what you do...........YOU GO HOME. And just because Riverdale's crowd was loud and cheering their girls on doesn't make them ill mannered. Don't get all upset that Riverdale won and the only thing there is to complain about is that the crowd was too loud! HA what a joke! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When you have confidence in your team, in your own mind you rarely get beat by a better team. There's nothing wrong with that, but saying it is definitely another thing indeed.