Classless quote

Best

???Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. "

Did he really say that??? I read this and couldnt believe it...Give Riverdale an ounce of credit here. Talk about a sore loser. Give Riverdale a huge congrats and concentrate on building your team for next year.

You can't blame him for being upset. He had a great team with a super star pitcher. I'm sure he and his team are upset that they didn't win, who wouldn't be? Riverdale really proved that they could win and they did. They were both great teams and both had an equal chance to win. I understand what you are saying though. Congrats Riverdale!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you've never won anything before you tend to get overly excited, loud and obnoxious. You notice fans from teams at GPS or Goodpasture were well mannered because they've been there many times.

Perhaps that is because Goodpasture and GPS neither one are really attached to one particular community. Sometimes those schools attached to communities, expecially small ones, really get a big boost from the sports team's successes and come out and support in a bigger and louder way.

You can't blame him for being upset. He had a great team with a super star pitcher. I'm sure he and his team are upset that they didn't win, who wouldn't be? Riverdale really proved that they could win and they did. They were both great teams and both had an equal chance to win. I understand what you are saying though. Congrats Riverdale!

What that coach said was a SLAP in riverdales face! What a jerk! I am not a riverdale fan but I do know they have worked hard for six years to bring thier program to this level. Have you seen their facilities? They are WOW! Those kids and parents earned every cent , penny by penny, to build that field and indoor batting facility. They have played with heart and soul to win . They wanted it more and because of that they are the better team! Congrats Riverdale and shame on Beech's coach

Oh gosh CRY ABOUT IT!!!! They were cheering on their team just like everyone else. Beech's parents had whistles, shakers, bells, and they even bought a horn off of a RHS student. AND their coach told Riverdale's coach that they looked all over murfreesboro for horns because they wanted some for their team!!! So, if Beech didn't have a problem with the noise, it shouldn't matter!!! Nothing new for people to complain about Riverdale parents, students, and teachers supporting their team. How many times have people complained about the drum? If you can't deal with it, here is what you do...........YOU GO HOME. And just because Riverdale's crowd was loud and cheering their girls on doesn't make them ill mannered. Don't get all upset that Riverdale won and the only thing there is to complain about is that the crowd was too loud! HA what a joke! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WELL DUMMY I DON,T THINK ANYONE WAS WHINING ABOUT THE HORNS THEY WERE CONSTANT ,GET OVER IT THICKEN YOUR SKIN AND HAVE FUN , PEOPLE ARE TOO UPTIGHT AND ALWAYS WANTING TO MAKE MORE OF WHAT IT IS

GO DEVILS AND RIVERDALE KEEP ON BLOWING AND BLOWING

WELL DUMMY I DON,T THINK ANYONE WAS WHINING ABOUT THE HORNS THEY WERE CONSTANT ,GET OVER IT THICKEN YOUR SKIN AND HAVE FUN , PEOPLE ARE TOO UPTIGHT AND ALWAYS WANTING TO MAKE MORE OF WHAT IT IS

GO DEVILS AND RIVERDALE KEEP ON BLOWING AND BLOWING

Oops...Sorry for the knee jerk reaction to defend the horns and the drum lol my bad......but I guess Wilson thought we were at a golf match...Oh, don't worry...the horns traveled to almost every game this year...they will definitely be a blowing on their return next year!

???Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. "

Did he really say that??? I read this and couldnt believe it...Give Riverdale an ounce of credit here. Talk about a sore loser. Give Riverdale a huge congrats and concentrate on building your team for next year.

You could possibly say the best team didnt win the tournament if the score was 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 but the score was 9 to 1 ! Riverdale creamed Beech! At this point the Beech coach should be looking at himself trying to figure out WHY his team couldnt hit the ball off of Riverdales pitcher. She is not dominating. The Beech coach was out coached in all aspects of the game. The Riverdale players played well. Riverdale is the better team and Woods owes Breeden and the girls an apology for that "full of himself" remark

You could possibly say the best team didnt win the tournament if the score was 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 but the score was 9 to 1 ! Riverdale creamed Beech! At this point the Beech coach should be looking at himself trying to figure out WHY his team couldnt hit the ball off of Riverdales pitcher. She is not dominating. The Beech coach was out coached in all aspects of the game. The Riverdale players played well. Riverdale is the better team and Woods owes Breeden and the girls an apology for that "full of himself" remark

Define Dominating?`Are you only a dominating pitcher is you have 15K's`a`game at state? Cus`nobody dominated if that is the case. Greenwood looked good, the Maryville girl looked solid, Connell looked solid, but nobody has 15K's a game. It's not all about strikeouts, ball location and movement are just as important and can also make a pticher dominating. Just hate it when the press and everyone else gets so enamored with strikeouts and you not a dominating pitcher if your not striking out the entire order. Also, really hard to do at state. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Saying that you thought your team was better, but that on the last two days, the other team was the better team.....poor choice of words.

Saying that the opposing pitcher is not that good after she throws a 1-hit, 8 strike out, 6-0 shut out where only two balls left the infield.....poor choice of words.

Attempting to sacrifice bunt twice in the last inning with an 8 run lead.....classless.

Saying that you thought your team was better, but that on the last two days, the other team was the better team.....poor choice of words.

Saying that the opposing pitcher is not that good after she throws a 1-hit, 8 strike out, 6-0 shut out where only two balls left the infield.....poor choice of words.

Attempting to sacrifice bunt twice in the last inning with an 8 run lead.....classless.

Great Post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Perhaps that is because Goodpasture and GPS neither one are really attached to one particular community. Sometimes those schools attached to communities, expecially small ones, really get a big boost from the sports team's successes and come out and support in a bigger and louder way.

Excellent point "statman".

HAHA those horns were loud! Riverdale did have one heck of a crowd during the whole state tournament! You definitely could tell if RHS was playing or not from the parking lot! It's good to have enthusiastic crowds like that! It makes the games so much more exciting! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Luckily, when we went to Riverdale to play a regular season game we had been "warned" by another team in our district about the horns. We brought some horns of our own and tried to compete with the loudness. It is fun to see such team spirit. We got a lot of strange looks with our horns, but we just tried to drown out the noise of their horns, drum and tamborine. I think it is all in fun, however I don't think they should beat the drum when the other team is on defense and try to get into the head of the opposing pitcher. I think that is disrespectful and I wouldn't go that far. It is okay to celebrate after a hit or an out has been made, but be quiet during the acutal at bat. I think our strategy of trying to compete with their noise might have worked, we only lost 1-0 and their 1 run was unearned. Our team played great defense againt them. We just didn't produce in the hitting department. Congratulations to Riverdale on their state Championship. This team is very well coached and obviously works hard. Next year we will face Beech in our new district and I will be able to compare the teams on a regular season level. To me it would be hard to compete with Coach Breeden in his dedication to the game.