AAA All state team

OldSoccerFan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Ryan Pugh should not be considered one of the best in the state...he is a good player but there are many better. What about Watson Hartsoe from Maryville...from what I have seen, he seemed to be more skilled and athletic. Once again, this is just my opinion. This list could run so long!

I think you are wrong. Ryan Pugh was voted first team All District , District Defensive Player of the Year, and MVP of his team in the toughest District in the State, and he definitely deserves to be considered one of the best in the State. If you like some other players better that's fine, list them out and give their credentials but don't bash individual players. Ryan is a fantastic player with great touch, skill, speed, and vision as well as being a team captain and leader. He had a great year, and his coach and other coaches in this district obviously recognized that.

Maryville only lost 1-0 to Farragut in the playoffs. I don't think anybody else played them that tough. And by the way Farragut scored their goal the lone time Ryan was out of the game for 5 minutes.

I didnt bash him, nothing I said was meant to insult him...I was saying that there are MANY good players in Tennessee and he is good too, but "in my opinion" there are a good amount of players I have seen that were better; however, I only got to see him play once this year, and I guess I was basing my opinion solely on seeing him play club ball last season, and from that season, I can tell you I do no think he is one of the BEST players in the state. It seems he has improved a lot and I am sorry if I assumed things too quickly. I wasnt trying to take the thread off course...Congratulations to Ryan for getting first team All District , District Defensive Player of the Year, and MVP of his team. Maryville was a VERY talented team this year and you can know that by looking at their schedule and results, but CAK beat Farragut 6 days before the Maryville game, and Hendersonville only lost 1-0 in the state tourney. Other teams have given Farragut really good games as well, even beaten them.

I didnt bash him, nothing I said was meant to insult him...I was saying that there are MANY good players in Tennessee and he is good too, but "in my opinion" there are a good amount of players I have seen that were better; however, I only got to see him play once this year, and I guess I was basing my opinion solely on seeing him play club ball last season, and from that season, I can tell you I do no think he is one of the BEST players in the state. It seems he has improved a lot and I am sorry if I assumed things too quickly. I wasnt trying to take the thread off course...Congratulations to Ryan for getting first team All District , District Defensive Player of the Year, and MVP of his team. Maryville was a VERY talented team this year and you can know that by looking at their schedule and results, but CAK beat Farragut 6 days before the Maryville game, and Hendersonville only lost 1-0 in the state tourney. Other teams have given Farragut really good games as well, even beaten them.

Yes CAK did beat Farragut and Maryville beat CAK 3-2 earlier that year as well. My point being that East TN has a lot of good soccer teams, and because the districts are so tough some really good teams that could very easily beat some other teams at State have to stay home.

Yeah man I totally agree. It is a little disappointing having such loaded districts and the blind draw at state. But I guess that is how it will have to be unless changes are made. I would have loved to see Maryville go to state and I believe they would have done well. Oldsoccerfan, to answer your question, Adelman did play for Science Hill.

• 2 weeks later...

when considering the All-State team, one overlooked player would be a returning All-Region player from last year with 18 goals and 14 assists and could have been All-State last year. This year's stats - 23 goals and 15 assists with a schedule that included Farragut twice, Catholic twice, CAK, Knox West, Maryville, Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett among others. And 6 of the goals came on direct kicks from as far out as 40 yards, ask Catholic. Who would that be? Taylor Carter from Morristown West. Besides involving his teammates every possible opportunity, capable of scoring and dishing.

• 3 weeks later...