Rules about Artificial Noisemakers

daddyball

This is such an interesting topic, one that most Riverdale fans knew would come up on Coach T. It almost seems like this is just one more way that a sore loser can complain about Riverale. It wouldn't matter what Riverdale did, somebody out there would find cause for complaint. Funny thing is...it just don't matter! You can talk positive or negative about the programs at Riverdale and all your doing is giving MORE attention to what an AWESOME school and sports program they have!

As far as the horns, drums, and other noisemakers go...unless the other team elected to make noises during the play, the fans at Riverdale for the most part, made the noise between plays, between pitches (if it was a strike!) and between innings. But, go ahead and complain if it makes you feel better because again, all you're doing is bringing more attention to a wonderful school that has the most supportive fans anywhere in the state of Tennessee! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the horns, drums, and other noisemakers go...unless the other team elected to make noises during the play, the fans at Riverdale for the most part, made the noise between plays, between pitches (if it was a strike!) and between innings. But, go ahead and complain if it makes you feel better because again, all you're doing is bringing more attention to a wonderful school that has the most supportive fans anywhere in the state of Tennessee! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't get so defensive about it. Actually, the 2 games I witnessed, the drum beating was non-stop in crucial and intense parts of the game including but not limited to the whole time the opposing teams pitcher was pitching and trying to stay focused. It really is no big deal and I am not complaining, just suggesting that you might want to re-think that. I couldn't do it, but that is an individual decision. You do have great fans and hard-working volunteers and you should all be congratulated. Enjoy your success and don't worry about what everyone else says.

Don't get so defensive about it. Actually, the 2 games I witnessed, the drum beating was non-stop in crucial and intense parts of the game including but not limited to the whole time the opposing teams pitcher was pitching and trying to stay focused. It really is no big deal and I am not complaining, just suggesting that you might want to re-think that. I couldn't do it, but that is an individual decision. You do have great fans and hard-working volunteers and you should all be congratulated. Enjoy your success and don't worry about what everyone else says.

THE HORNS ANNOYED EVERYONE ESPECIALLY THE OTHER TEAMS TRYING TO PLAY ADJACENT TO THE BREEDS

You're right TruBlu..........the drums never stopped....and I saw 3-4 Rdale games also, but like you said...no big deal.

Just again how differently "those people" are and think.....but the girls won it not the fans !

You're right TruBlu..........the drums never stopped....and I saw 3-4 Rdale games also, but like you said...no big deal.

Just again how differently "those people" are and think.....but the girls won it not the fans !

I was at the champioship game at the horns were a little anoying, but the Beech fans were intentionally blowing the whistles right when the batter was receiving the pitch, just like rec' ball girls yelling "swing" when the balls come in. I didn't hear Rdale fans doing that. At least they were consistent when blowin the horns.

I think the "artificial noisemakers" are fine if they are used at appropriate times. I don't think they should be used during actual play time, like when a pitcher is pitching, a batter is batting or maybe on a defensive play. This is only done to get into the head of a player and that is going too far. Wait until the play is over, then blow your horn or beat your drum in between innings. I am all for that and it makes it more fun. Have fun and support your team, but don't try to get into the heads of the opposing players, they are just kids after all.

I can tell you positively beyond a shadow of a doubt that the drum (also known as the war hammer )was played in between the innings of the Riverdale/ Beech games on Friday night and Saturday morning. Not before the game or when the ball was "live". After both games ,you bet !

I do not believe you will find a rule from the TSSAA regarding noisemakers in an open air venue.

With everything said, I wonder how in the world the Atlanta Braves are ever beaten.

I can tell you positively beyond a shadow of a doubt that the drum (also known as the war hammer )was played in between the innings of the Riverdale/ Beech games on Friday night and Saturday morning. Not before the game or when the ball was "live". After both games ,you bet !

I do not believe you will find a rule from the TSSAA regarding noisemakers in an open air venue.

With everything said, I wonder how in the world the Atlanta Braves are ever beaten.

Sorry Warrior, I was there also, I disagree...the drum DID BEAT during play and not just in between innings....but like TruBlu said it didnt matter...YOU're Girls Just Kicked tail! State Champs, no matter about everything else....

Just curious if anyone knows what TSSAA rules are concerning artificial noisemakers at softball games are. I noticed that Riverdale used them to their advantage by blowing horns and beating drums (even had a pickup truck in center field with an airhorn on Saturday) while opponents tried to hit etc. They weren't just used between innings, they were used as the pitch reached the plate to "goose" the batters. All this may be completely within the rules but no one else at the state softball tourny was doing that. Seems like it could get out of hand if it becomes who can bring the loudest noisemakers. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for enthusiastic fans, I'm just wondering what the rules are. Maybe next year we'll see an horns off of riverboats or who knows maybe even heavy artillery.

I sympathize with you about this topic. Here is the official rule for artificial noise makers....

Noisemakers are allowed at outdoor events as long as the officials do not determine that they are being used to taunt the other team or their fans.

B.Childress of TSSAA

The problem I saw was that the horns not only impacted Riverdale's game, it also impacted games on the other fields. I understand fan enthusiasm, I had quite a bit during my visit to the 'Boro. But, if I felt for one second that it was a distraction to another game, I would clam up. But, that's my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.

wow now that is some power not only do you mess up the team you are playing but you mess up teams on OTHER fields now that is some power and yet it doesnt bother our girls when they play man that is sweet

What is so sweet about it. Blaring a horn to startle an opposing pitcher or batter just so you can try get get an advantage. Blow them after the play not during. Umpire has the right if they would to remove such spectators from stands under rule of doing anything to confuse players.