Who is the state's top player

Indian

Who is the state's top player  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the state's top player

i think that Kara Woods (p) for Unicoi County needs to be mentioned in this discussion. she is only a sophomore but had an unbelievable year and run at the state tournament. She finished the year at 44-4 and had over 400 strikeouts. the team only gave up 42 runs all year in the 52 total games they played. she pitched every game of the postseason and gave up 5 runs in the 12 games. she only gave up 4 runs to goodpasture in 3 games. most people on here said that the devils couldn't hit with them but i don't think people knew just how good she was coming in. i am from unicoi so a little biased, maybe??? i am not the coach though, only a fan. our newspapers do a good job of covering our girls and that is where i have gotten my stats. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that Kara Woods (p) for Unicoi County needs to be mentioned in this discussion. she is only a sophomore but had an unbelievable year and run at the state tournament. She finished the year at 44-4 and had over 400 strikeouts. the team only gave up 42 runs all year in the 52 total games they played. she pitched every game of the postseason and gave up 5 runs in the 12 games. she only gave up 4 runs to goodpasture in 3 games. most people on here said that the devils couldn't hit with them but i don't think people knew just how good she was coming in. i am from unicoi so a little biased, maybe??? i am not the coach though, only a fan. our newspapers do a good job of covering our girls and that is where i have gotten my stats. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

There's little doubt she's one of the best in the state, not making this opinion list won't change that of course. I tried to leave it to juniors and seniors especially those who've signed or committed and I had one spot left. I listed the pitcher from Soddy-Daisy who I admit I'm a lot more familiar with than the Unicoi pitcher. She was one I considered along with a couple from Ooltewah, one from Camden and several more players.

Anyone wanting to pick this player or anybody else can choose the "other" selection, listing them in a post as the selection would help get them more votes.

Again, this is not a life-or-death commentary, the second-place finisher won't get a scholarship reduction, it's just opinion on individuals after the season ends.

There's little doubt she's one of the best in the state, not making this opinion list won't change that of course. I tried to leave it to juniors and seniors especially those who've signed or committed and I had one spot left. I listed the pitcher from Soddy-Daisy who I admit I'm a lot more familiar with than the Unicoi pitcher. She was one I considered along with a couple from Ooltewah, one from Camden and several more players.

Anyone wanting to pick this player or anybody else can choose the "other" selection, listing them in a post as the selection would help get them more votes.

Again, this is not a life-or-death commentary, the second-place finisher won't get a scholarship reduction, it's just opinion on individuals after the season ends.

. Why not have a poll of trying to pick the All State Teams?

It is impossible to select the best player based on where they are from or whom they have signed with.

Some players may be a geat ball player but yet lack the grades to sign with a division 1 team.

Unicoi County's Ali Gardner should be on the list. She had a great season and out-performed Goodpasture's Cartwright in leading the Lady Devils to the state title. She is a tremendous centerfielder with homerun power. Ironically, she has signed a basketball scholarship at Milligan and may not even play college softball.

After facing several of the players on your list this year, I went a different route and picked Jackie Baird from GPS. She is a great defensive catcher and one of the best hitters if not the best that we faced all year. She is a Jr. and has verbally committed to the University of Tennessee...

My next pick would have been Ivy Renfroe... Great Pitcher with excellent stuff and mid 60's speed...

This is my vote also.

Other: Rebecca Williams ??“ Siegel High School ??“ signed with UT-Martin.

Who decided the kids who could be voted on? I mean, really. Seems a little biased. Yes, I admit I'm putting my kid's name in the mix. She is a great ball player and deserves to be nominated as much as her teammate Caralisa Connell does ...

Other: Rebecca Williams ??“ Siegel High School ??“ signed with UT-Martin.

Who decided the kids who could be voted on? I mean, really. Seems a little biased. Yes, I admit I'm putting my kid's name in the mix. She is a great ball player and deserves to be nominated as much as her teammate Caralisa Connell does ...

STLBRD was right, the claws have come out! How is this poll biased? My suggestion would be that all the mama's and daddy's start their own poll and list their kids so they can vote for them. I bet Connell appreciates your support for her play and nomination in this poll. Indian's intention was to get a good sample of the best players in the state. Im sure he could have listed 200 names if he had wanted, but the list he provided was a fair sample of the best players. and OTHER is where you vote for your child.

STLBRD was right, the claws have come out! How is this poll biased? My suggestion would be that all the mama's and daddy's start their own poll and list their kids so they can vote for them. I bet Connell appreciates your support for her play and nomination in this poll. Indian's intention was to get a good sample of the best players in the state. Im sure he could have listed 200 names if he had wanted, but the list he provided was a fair sample of the best players. and OTHER is where you vote for your child.

But it is not fair to their child to be one of the "others"!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />