Who is the state's top player

Indian

Who is the state's top player  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the state's top player

If you cared to actually READ the post as it was written you would know there was no poor sportsmanship on my part. I agree wholeheartedly that Siegel would have never made it as far as they did without Caralisa. I was not taking ANYTHING away from her as a player. I think she is a force to be reckoned with and did NOT say she didn't deserve the nomination. My statement was simply that my child deserved to be nominated "as much as" Caralisa. I'm sure I could name MANY others who could have/should have been nominated. My reason for even saying anything on the board at all was because I was ASKING how the players that were initially put up on the board to be voted on were nominated. I truly wanted to know. Is it just more daddy ball or high school politics?

For those of you who want to call me out as needing Aricept and a nap ... these Boards are joke if all they are used for is a forum for saying negative things about people they don't even know. As for the "books only" comment ... that's funny but so far from the truth.

I'm glad that high school is over because the politics and name-calling and BS at this level is reprehensible.

The players on this list were just the ones somebody picked. you could start your own poll with your own players. It's like starting a poll and asking if little suzie is (A) The best hitter in the state or (/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> the best glove in the state. That way little Suzie is the best in the state at something in a coacht poll /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These polls are really just to give fans an opportunity to voice their opinions on some of the players they may have seen play over the course of the season. The media has their own list of players that will be recognized on the TSWA all state list as do the coaches and the individual schools. This is just another way for a player to be recognized for their outstanding play. To get so upset because a child is not on the list or to bash someone for making a list is ludicrous. But to talk about "daddy Ball" after you nominate your own kid is just funny.

I would never presume to know ALL of the players that deserve to be on the list ... therefore, I would never do it. I thought maybe a coach or someone with some actual authority/knowledge picked the girls on the poll. Thanks for clearing that up.

That was not to you, it was for Mr Know it All.

That was not to you, it was for Mr Know it All.

I would never do a poll!!! I was just pointing out that this was just someones poll and not some coaches poll or something. On a public board you are asking for trouble. No matter who you put someone will be left off in someones opinion. And as far as the daddy ball goes that is what my suggestion about little suzies poll was about /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Unicoi County's Ali Gardner should be on the list. She had a great season and out-performed Goodpasture's Cartwright in leading the Lady Devils to the state title. She is a tremendous centerfielder with homerun power. Ironically, she has signed a basketball scholarship at Milligan and may not even play college softball.

ALI WANTS TO PLAY BOTH AND WAS OFFERED SCHOLARSHIPS IN BOTH BUT, HAD HER HEART SET ON MILLIGAN HOPEFULLY, SOMEONE CAN TALK MR.WES HOLLY INTO LETTING HER PLAY BOTH ,THAT WOULD BE HER DREAM COME TRUE.