Where does all of the league money go ?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it $750 for the Div II and Div III teams? Div III accepts every team that applies, it seems, as there are close to 14 teams in each age group.

Division II was a lot less, I want to say $550 ? I do not know about Division III..but Division III does not have league play to qualify...

I believe, The OPEN tournament was eliminated this year for Division II and III (which allowed a team to advance to state as a low seed), which forces teams to play league games a their own expense, and incur the hefty fee for the 'opportunity' to play for state rank.....

I did get a pdf file of the state's financials emailed to me, but have not really looked at it yet....

David

• 2 weeks later...

TSSA also discloses up front (not sure exactly where, but it is in policy or State Cup / League rules somewhere) that the entry fee for State League is set so high that it also helps offsets the field rental charges (which I hear are pretty substantial) for the State Cup Tournament.

I know someone already stated that this does not benefit (in any way) those clubs that don't qualify, but at least it is stated and disclosed up front, before a team/club decides to participate.

• 5 months later...

Is it $750 for the Div II and Div III teams? Div III accepts every team that applies, it seems, as there are close to 14 teams in each age group.

Division II was a lot less, I want to say $550 ? I do not know about Division III..but Division III does not have league play to qualify...

I believe, The OPEN tournament was eliminated this year for Division II and III (which allowed a team to advance to state as a low seed), which forces teams to play league games a their own expense, and incur the hefty fee for the 'opportunity' to play for state rank.....

I did get a pdf file of the state's financials emailed to me, but have not really looked at it yet....

David

I'd like to see that also, if you don't mind.

David

I'd like to see that also, if you don't mind.

No problem, it is a PDF...send me an email address via PM...