• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travei Pryor is a DE/TE

Add to the list:

Devante Hawkins LB (Austin-East)

Ravon Farris DE (Austin-East)

I have added an * by Pryor and Hawkins just to show that they are nominated but are listed at different positions /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Smith Co.'s leading tackler returns at Strong Side Linebacker. Senior #51 Payton Bray.

In the secondary cornerback #5 Joshua Johnston had 6 Int's(2TDS) as a sophomore, and was also brother Brandon's favorite target before a knee injury sidelined him until the last game of the year. In the offensive and defensive line Seniors Jake Vance, Grant Denney, and Junior Logan McKinney will all be counted on heavily. All 3 were all region performers last year as first year starters.

How this crop of Owls do will depend on these guys.

Guest Termite

Smith Co.'s leading tackler returns at Strong Side Linebacker. Senior #51 Payton Bray.

In the secondary cornerback #5 Joshua Johnston had 6 Int's(2TDS) as a sophomore, and was also brother Brandon's favorite target before a knee injury sidelined him until the last game of the year. In the offensive and defensive line Seniors Jake Vance, Grant Denney, and Junior Logan McKinney will all be counted on heavily. All 3 were all region performers last year as first year starters.

How this crop of Owls do will depend on these guys.

I agree with your statement about these guys being counted on heaveily. Grant Denny was a all region TE last year, now looks like he will play guard. Logan McKinney was a all region DT, now possibily a DE and OT. Jake Vance was all region at LT. He started about 6 games as a soph. He and Bush are/were about the same. Bush a little quicker,Vance a little bigger and stronger. Josh Johnston should recieve plenty of notice for his play on both sids of the ball.

And I almost forgot,(I don't know how) P.Bray. An outstanding LB.

You left out a couple from McMinn Central,, TWO Time All State DE Ben Stiles and last year All State LB Maury Ragland. ALso Zack Rayl will get votes at QB and Safety. D J King is a force at DE also.

One of my favorite things to do every year is to fill out the Murphy Fair preseason football magazine because it always gives me a chance to have a say in the all-state teams each and every year and it also is a way to compare my own personal all-state selections to those at the end of the year. If anyone else has any all-state caliber names that they would like to let be known I would love to see some of the names so I can follow them throughout the coming year.......

Quarterback: Brandon Johnston (Smith Co.)

Running Backs: Jaron Toney & Taharrin Tyson (Alcoa); Jabronski Gilbert (Milan)

Wide Receiver: Perry Horkins (Harpeth)

Tight End: Tyler Robinson (Alcoa)

Offensive Center: Travei Pryor (Austin East)*

Offensive Guards: Justin Marsh (Alcoa) & Brady White (Cheatham Co.)

Offensive Tackles: Timmy Bush (Smith Co.) & Tanner Owen (Cheatham Co.)

Defensive Linemen: Christian Coleman (Milan), Daryl Warren & Tyler Robinson (Alcoa), & Darrell Fitzgerald (Pearl Cohn)

Linebackers: Dee Herbert (Alcoa), Avery Williamson (Milan), Parker Burton (Goodpasture), & Ethan Cassidy (Fairview)

Cornerbacks: Michael Johnson (Westmoreland) & Richard Taylor (Pearl Cohn)

Safeties: Seth McFerrin (Goodpasture) & Devante Hawkins (Austin East)*

Kicker/Punter: Glen Nabors (Goodpasture)

You left out a couple from McMinn Central,, TWO Time All State DE Ben Stiles and last year All State LB Maury Ragland. ALso Zack Rayl will get votes at QB and Safety. D J King is a force at DE also.

also from mcmin central jamin godfrey. he was a canidate for mr kicker last year in his first year playing

Hunter Poteete from Dekalb could definetly be in consideration for All-State.

They are 4A......but Hunter Poteete is a great player. With he and Bo Wallace (Giles Co.) there is certainly no lack of talent at the QB position in 4A on the all-state team I am sure. Both of those guys are tremendous players who have resurrected the football programs at their particular schools.

Hunter Poteete from Dekalb could definetly be in consideration for All-State.

I was wondering who was going to mention him. Mr. Football candidate last year, he should only be better this time around. I know he lit us (White House) up last season in regular season matchup.

I was wondering who was going to mention him. Mr. Football candidate last year, he should only be better this time around. I know he lit us (White House) up last season in regular season matchup.

Once again, he's a 4A player now. DeKalb & WH are both 4A schools now. 4A is essentially what we used to know as 3A (for the most part) and it's going to take some getting used to by everyone on here all season long I have a feeling......... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="