Preseason All-State

Another rising Junior from Alcoa to keep an eye on is #66, Derek Evans. He started on the O-line as a sophmore, was all Region honorable mention. 6'2" 260lb. He has been selected to compete in the NUC's Ultimate 100 Sophmore Combine in Atlanta.

Calab Magnum, #73 is also one to watch. Had a good spring at blocking TE. 6'2" 230lb.

Alcoa is once again..loaded.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite things to do every year is to fill out the Murphy Fair preseason football magazine because it always gives me a chance to have a say in the all-state teams each and every year and it also is a way to compare my own personal all-state selections to those at the end of the year. If anyone else has any all-state caliber names that they would like to let be known I would love to see some of the names so I can follow them throughout the coming year.......

Quarterback: Brandon Johnston (Smith Co.)

Running Backs: Jaron Toney & Taharrin Tyson (Alcoa); Jabronski Gilbert (Milan)

Wide Receiver: Perry Horkins (Harpeth)

Tight End: Tyler Robinson (Alcoa)

Offensive Center: Travei Pryor (Austin East)*

Offensive Guards: Justin Marsh (Alcoa) & Brady White (Cheatham Co.)

Offensive Tackles: Timmy Bush (Smith Co.) & Tanner Owen (Cheatham Co.)

Defensive Linemen: Christian Coleman (Milan), Daryl Warren & Tyler Robinson (Alcoa), & Darrell Fitzgerald (Pearl Cohn)

Linebackers: Dee Herbert (Alcoa), Avery Williamson (Milan), Parker Burton (Goodpasture), & Ethan Cassidy (Fairview)

Cornerbacks: Michael Johnson (Westmoreland) & Richard Taylor (Pearl Cohn)

Safeties: Seth McFerrin (Goodpasture) & Devante Hawkins (Austin East)*

Kicker/Punter: Glen Nabors (Goodpasture)

TROX GREENWADE FROM WHITE HOUSE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST PUNTERS IN THE STATE IF NOT THE BEST. HE IS ALSO GONNA BE ONE OF THE BEST QBS IN THE STATE IN ANY CLASSIFICATION.

One of my favorite things to do every year is to fill out the Murphy Fair preseason football magazine because it always gives me a chance to have a say in the all-state teams each and every year and it also is a way to compare my own personal all-state selections to those at the end of the year. If anyone else has any all-state caliber names that they would like to let be known I would love to see some of the names so I can follow them throughout the coming year.......

Quarterback: Brandon Johnston (Smith Co.)

Running Backs: Jaron Toney & Taharrin Tyson (Alcoa); Jabronski Gilbert (Milan)

Wide Receiver: Perry Horkins (Harpeth)

Tight End: Tyler Robinson (Alcoa)

Offensive Center: Travei Pryor (Austin East)*

Offensive Guards: Justin Marsh (Alcoa) & Brady White (Cheatham Co.)

Offensive Tackles: Timmy Bush (Smith Co.) & Tanner Owen (Cheatham Co.)

Defensive Linemen: Christian Coleman (Milan), Daryl Warren & Tyler Robinson (Alcoa), & Darrell Fitzgerald (Pearl Cohn)

Linebackers: Dee Herbert (Alcoa), Avery Williamson (Milan), Parker Burton (Goodpasture), & Ethan Cassidy (Fairview)

Cornerbacks: Michael Johnson (Westmoreland) & Richard Taylor (Pearl Cohn)

Safeties: Seth McFerrin (Goodpasture) & Devante Hawkins (Austin East)*

Kicker/Punter: Glen Nabors (Goodpasture)

some very good players....good list..

Some CPA upcoming stars

Luke Roman - QB-had big stats as a junior, but will have to have some receivers step up as he lost to All-State receivers to graduation. Still should have a big year with CPA's hard to defend passing schemes.

Trent Fisher - Safety (Coach Fisher's son) - had good junior year despite missing 4-5 games with injury. Very smart, hard worker, and great leader.

howdoitknow is always in the "know"... a true student of the game/teams/personell.

The kid (really a grown man in a 16yr olds body) he mentioned from Cheatham County (Tanner Owen) is a freak. He is gigantic, but not fat. He also moves well for a big guy. I also think he will just be a junior and that the man formerly known as Big Country (hdik) said he was #1 in his class with like a 4.0

I will be shocked if he doesn't end up as a D1 football player and surprised if he doesn't turn out to be an SEC caliber player.

howdoitknow is always in the "know"... a true student of the game/teams/personell.

The kid (really a grown man in a 16yr olds body) he mentioned from Cheatham County (Tanner Owen) is a freak. He is gigantic, but not fat. He also moves well for a big guy. I also think he will just be a junior and that the man formerly known as Big Country (hdik) said he was #1 in his class with like a 4.0

I will be shocked if he doesn't end up as a D1 football player and surprised if he doesn't turn out to be an SEC caliber player.

Tanner went to the Ole Miss camp last week down in Oxford and performed quite well among the linemen that were there. He measured out at 6'6 in height and weighed right at 290lbs. He still carries the 4.0 GPA in the classroom and will be a junior when school starts back on August 10. The coaching staff holds high hopes for the young man who as a junior now realizes that he is no longer a baby and it's time to grow up and take over as an upperclassman because the next 2 years will be gone in a hurry.

Hey MTF, where did Michael Murphy decide to go to school? Is he playing football?

I remember from talking with Tanner several times after last season that he was very high on 2 players that he got to square off against last season. One was Dallon Hudson (#79) from David Lipscomb and the other was Michael Murphy (#57) from Marshall Co.

• 3 weeks later...

Good list.....and good info!

Having seen Luke Roman at CPA, he will be a contender for QB in 3A if he puts up the numbers. He is certainly capable. The kid has a strong arm and is extremely accurate.

Lewis Co lost their two runningback studs (Jake Tenison and Cashion) last year so don't know what they have coming back.........but they always boast a stout running game so we will see who emerges.

Perry Horkins of Harpeth should have a 1,000 plus yard season at Receiver. He and QB Roark are getting in some extra work this week at the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana. Harpeth's Offensive coordinator from a couple of years ago is back so they should be fun to watch this year.

Zach Douglas of Harpeth could be there as Tackle but he will need to have a solid year. The two Cheatham kids (Tanner & Owen) are good picks.

Camden is supposed to be strong....ranked in pre-season top 10. Who are their studs? I haven't heard any mention of their returning players.