Catholic's Pilot/Taco Bell Tournament

KCHSCoach

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is still no.

Posted by luchador:

I did check my TSSAA regulations. On page 26, it states that "In all individual sports, (wrestling is listed), individuals accompanied by a coach may enter varsity competition at different sites at the same time and date, and this will count as two dates on the schools' schedule."

I don't believe that TSSAA would waver from NFHS policy regarding this.

It looks as if Smyrna will be able to participate in both events.

I followed luchdor's advice and looked it up myself. Why would they have the policy listed on their website stating this? Why would they create a policy only to go against it? Has anyone actually checked this out with R.C.?

blastdbl, I think you've gone crazy. It is there in black and white. Take the time and look it up.

[Edited by DoctorEvil on 9-13-02 5:20P]

Posted by duggerd1:

According to the handbook, in the section on frequently asked questions, a school may only have one varsity team in each sport. If there are two varsity tournaments on the same day, then only the varsity team would be allowed to enter in one of the tournaments.

However, the Knox Catholic tournament is considered an individual tournament. This is definately different than having two football teams from the same school going to two different varstiy games.

Not really. If there is a representative from a school at an individual contest and the school has representatives at another varsity event, then this would be considered a violation

Posted by CoachGonyeaSHS:
Posted by duggerd1:

According to the handbook, in the section on frequently asked questions, a school may only have one varsity team in each sport. If there are two varsity tournaments on the same day, then only the varsity team would be allowed to enter in one of the tournaments.

However, the Knox Catholic tournament is considered an individual tournament. This is definately different than having two football teams from the same school going to two different varstiy games.

Multiple Contests: In all individual sports (cross country, golf, track and field, tennis, and

wrestling) individuals accompanied by a coach may enter varsity competition at different sites at the

same time and date, and this will count as two dates on the schools' schedule.

Maybe I am misinterpreting this. I copied and pasted directly from the TSSAA constitution. Not my paraphrasing...Actual rule

Call Ronnie Carter.

Posted by CoachGonyeaSHS:

Multiple Contests: In all individual sports (cross country, golf, track and field, tennis, and

wrestling) individuals accompanied by a coach may enter varsity competition at different sites at the

same time and date, and this will count as two dates on the schools' schedule.

Maybe I am misinterpreting this. I copied and pasted directly from the TSSAA constitution. Not my paraphrasing...Actual rule

• 2 months later...