Bowling Transfer?

slimsdaddy

If its not a legitimate move into the city school district, then TSSAA will rule her ineligible. Don't think for one minute it won't be monitored. HV will see to that.

Anytime there is a transfer from a rival, especially while in the middle of their high school career, there are team chemistry issues to deal with. Feelings will be hurt. Mommies and Daddies will be mad. It can "make" a team; or break one apart.

I don't think this is something new for coach Dugger. If there was no move, she is ineligible and E-Town wasted a camp. Feelings WILL, and ALREADY HAVE been hurt, and it's not over yet. Someone mentioned how the girl felt that had worked for two or three years for that spot that will now be replaced by an ineligible player, how about her parents? How about her friends? How about the E-Town girls B-Ball program that is about to get a black eye? How about the rest of the sports programs that will suffer because of a bad decision on a coachs part? How will Ed react to this?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is something new for coach Dugger. If there was no move, she is ineligible and E-Town wasted a camp. Feelings WILL, and ALREADY HAVE been hurt, and it's not over yet. Someone mentioned how the girl felt that had worked for two or three years for that spot that will now be replaced by an ineligible player, how about her parents? How about her friends? How about the E-Town girls B-Ball program that is about to get a black eye? How about the rest of the sports programs that will suffer because of a bad decision on a coachs part? How will Ed react to this?

She will be eligable. Do people really think parents with kids of this caliber transfer without checking everything out first? This was months in the making and all the bases have been covered.

Ouch! The venom is already being sprayed and the assumptions being made. How about we try to assume good intent on everbody's part? Life is about choices, and the Bowlings have apparently made one. If they think the opportunities are favorable at Elizabethton and they meet all the eligibility requirements, then they have every right to make the move. I would imagine they have assessed all the angles and made a very difficult decision. To assume Coach Dugger had anything to do with it is slanderous without proof. Any coach would love to have a player this good come to their school. It will be Coach Dugger's job to blend her in with his existing team, define new roles, and keep everybody happy with playing time. The Cyclone's are loaded and it may be tough managing the minutes, but if the TEAM wants to win, they will adjust. This is a good problem to have and I believe the Lady Cyclones will be just fine. As for the notion that Bowling's arrival will knock somebody out of a deserved starting spot, that is just life and it is not always fair. Nobody is ENTITLED to anything and there is competition for everything in life from jobs to spouses to houses to everything else. Being bitter about it does noone any good, so just learn the lesson and move forward together stronger for it. I blame noone for anything here and wish the best for Cara, Coach Dugger, and all the Lady Cyclones! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

She will be eligable. Do people really think parents with kids of this caliber transfer without checking everything out first? This was months in the making and all the bases have been covered.

Even the spot that has been taken from another player? Even Ed? I will say, ALL the bases BETTER be covered. A fake move WON'T get it done with this one. I think parents believe what they want to believe when it comes to their kids, even if it's not true. I'm sure TSSAA will stay informed through out the entire year.

Ouch! The venom is already being sprayed and the assumptions being made. How about we try to assume good intent on everbody's part? Life is about choices, and the Bowlings have apparently made one. If they think the opportunities are favorable at Elizabethton and they meet all the eligibility requirements, then they have every right to make the move. I would imagine they have assessed all the angles and made a very difficult decision. To assume Coach Dugger had anything to do with it is slanderous without proof. Any coach would love to have a player this good come to their school. It will be Coach Dugger's job to blend her in with his existing team, define new roles, and keep everybody happy with playing time. The Cyclone's are loaded and it may be tough managing the minutes, but if the TEAM wants to win, they will adjust. This is a good problem to have and I believe the Lady Cyclones will be just fine. As for the notion that Bowling's arrival will knock somebody out of a deserved starting spot, that is just life and it is not always fair. Nobody is ENTITLED to anything and there is competition for everything in life from jobs to spouses to houses to everything else. Being bitter about it does noone any good, so just learn the lesson and move forward together stronger for it. I blame noone for anything here and wish the best for Kara, Coach Dugger, and all the Lady Cyclones! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

I agree with your post almost entirely, almost. The battle has already been lost if Coach Dugger has to manage minutes and keep everyone happy with playing time. As for slander, I was simply refering to Coach Dugger dealing with transfers. To assume intent, good or bad, will be something Coach Dugger and the Lady Cyclones will deal with all season.

Okay let me state up front that I am biased, as I am a Unicoi fan, first and foremost.

However, those of us that were around, have been around and are still around know the facts regarding Dugger.

He cheats. He played a player he knew was ineligible(kid from the islands who was too old and was using a fake birth certificate--Bunn? or something like that). It wasnt discovered till Burns from Bristol discovered it while the kid was playing at East Tenn., and Dugger got turned in. Im sure he claimed he didnt know----what else could he say.

This among other things cost him his job at Eliz. Remember it was Ed Alexander who gave him the boot and the only reason he got the girls job two years ago is because several others turned it down.

Now there are those that will say that a person can change etc........Well this same person got suspended from teaching just a year or two ago for CHEATING! He gave students answers to standardized tests, tcap tests I think, and he got caught and got suspended by, ED Alexander.

So anyone who thinks Dugger didnt work behind the scenes with Dale Bowling to get her to transfer is stupid.

Its common knowledge that Dale coached an AAU type team which Kara was on, and Dugger followed that team around like a puppy dog all spring.

Once a snake always a snake.

Okay let me state up front that I am biased, as I am a Unicoi fan, first and foremost.

However, those of us that were around, have been around and are still around know the facts regarding Dugger.

He cheats. He played a player he knew was ineligible(kid from the islands who was too old and was using a fake birth certificate--Bunn? or something like that). It wasnt discovered till Burns from Bristol discovered it while the kid was playing at East Tenn., and Dugger got turned in. Im sure he claimed he didnt know----what else could he say.

This among other things cost him his job at Eliz. Remember it was Ed Alexander who gave him the boot and the only reason he got the girls job two years ago is because several others turned it down.

Now there are those that will say that a person can change etc........Well this same person got suspended from teaching just a year or two ago for CHEATING! He gave students answers to standardized tests, tcap tests I think, and he got caught and got suspended by, ED Alexander.

So anyone who thinks Dugger didnt work behind the scenes with Dale Bowling to get her to transfer is stupid.

Its common knowledge that Dale coached an AAU type team which Kara was on, and Dugger followed that team around like a puppy dog all spring.

Once a snake always a snake.

I'd say biased...and slanderous! As for facts, you probably wouldn't know one if it jumped up and bit you. I'm sure Coach Dugger has made mistakes along the way, as we all have because we're human. But there have always been a lot of rumors, innuendo, and some plain old lies mixed in with some truth about the kids that came to Elizabethton from the Virgin Islands. As for Mr. Burns (and others along the way) that have tried to dig up dirt, I'd say "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones." Mr. Burns was an assistant at THS in the late 70's and early 80's when Marc Campbell left EHS and went to THS to play with Derrick Hord. He drove to Bristol every day from Elizabethton. It was rumored that his family got a Bristol mailing address, but I know them personally and know they did not move. I'm guessing Dale wasn't too eager to report that to the TSSAA. The EHS folks chose not to do anything about it because they knew it's what Marc wanted to do. Has anyone even considered that the move from HV to EHS is something Cara wanted to do? As for character, I'd rather have my kid play for Len Dugger than anyone I know! Based on the slanderous remarks in your post, I'd say he has more integrity in his pinky finger than you do in your whole being. IMO he's one of the best coaches around and I'm not alone in that assessment. He won 2 Regional Championships in his first 2 years coaching the EHS girls with another coaches players. I'll bet not too many folks expected that. I'm guessing not too many folks expected Coach Dugger to take last year's team to the State Tourney after losing 4 starters from the previous year. BTW, Coach Dugger has coached a lot of years with great success and the years when he actually had a transfer make up only a fraction of those years. I suspect the venom being spewed on this subject is rooted in jealousy from some of those tired of getting their hat handed to them year after year. It's funny how that works. Also, there's way more to the Dugger/Alexander saga than you know or could imagine (and it's not all on Coach Dugger). As for following the AAU team around, Coach Dugger had 3-5 players on that team periodically (not including Ms. Bowling). Oh and just for the record, I'm guessing you wouldn't be on here "crying like a rat eating onions" if Ms. Bowling and family had chosen to move to Erwin and play for the Lady Devils! Go Lady Cyclones! Just my 2 cents...

That whole bunch ought to be arrested,and the TSSAA should bar those kids from playing ball and the state educating dept. should never let them graduate from any school that they weren't born in that district; 7a priviledges have been violated and it has to stop; No it can't stop people have been moving all over this state for years and thier childern are always excepted.

libel (for written words), slander (for spoken words). Guys and Gals dont use a word if you don't know the definition. Throwing out the word slander to sound big and not using it correctly is dumb.

Technically you are correct. Both involve a defamation of character. Just an honest mistake with no intent "to sound big." BTW, your use of "dumb" is the least preferred for the word. You might have more appropriately used "stupid". Does that reach the standard of libel? Regardless, the only court relative to this forum is that of public opinion. Do you have anything relevant to add to the subject at hand or are you just sitting at the keyboard with your dictionary and/or thesaurus looking to provide another "superfluous" post? (Note: There's another word for you to look up to see if I used it correctly.)

Technically you are correct. Both involve a defamation of character. Just an honest mistake with no intent "to sound big." BTW, your use of "dumb" is the least preferred for the word. You might have more appropriately used "stupid". Does that reach the standard of libel? Regardless, the only court relative to this forum is that of public opinion. Do you have anything relevant to add to the subject at hand or are you just sitting at the keyboard with your dictionary and/or thesaurus looking to provide another "superfluous" post? (Note: There's another word for you to look up to see if I used it correctly.)

Nope nothing beneficial just taking shot at people using words to sound big which you are still doing by looking up "superfluous" to keep the sarcasm going. thanks for proving my point.