How will Pickett County girls do this season?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! They will be even better this year and should have made the finals last year...but fell a part after taking a 10 point lead in the 1st round. But they did and will learn from it. They will have more maturity and experience, most everyone back and the rising freshmen are very strong and will be even better as sophs. Maybe this year it will be a Clarkrange/PC final! They will miss Megan White without a doubt, but are LOADED. Plus, Tarrah Garner, and all the girls, hopefully will get to play all year w/o injuries like last year. In the playoffs Brittany Garrett wasn't full strength either because of an injury. This will be a great year for Pickett Co.

I think they played very well last year during tournament time. They all got on the same page at the right time. That experience and confidence should parlay into a good season this year. As per the norm, I think 7A will put out several really good teams this year.

as long as the girls do not lose their focus OR get discouraged by loses to out of district teams like they did time to time last year, they SHOULD finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the district i'll call it like this:

1) Clarkrange

2) PCHS

3) JCHS

4) CCHS

5) Monterey

do not be surprised if PC defeats JC once if not twice this year and plays Clarkrange VERY tight.

N.J.

as long as the girls do not lose their focus OR get discouraged by loses to out of district teams like they did time to time last year, they SHOULD finish no worse than tied for 2nd in the district i'll call it like this:

1) Clarkrange

2) PCHS

3) JCHS

4) CCHS

5) Monterey

do not be surprised if PC defeats JC once if not twice this year and plays Clarkrange VERY tight.

N.J.

Clarkrange is not quite the team they were last year. If they don't gel well, Pickett, Jackson, or even

Clay could possibly beat them if they are playing well. District 7A could be a very exciting district to

watch. Go Lady Buffaloes!

1) Clarkrange

2) PCHS

3) JCHS

4) CCHS

5) Monterey

N.J.

Ok now i've heard it all. JC has one of its worst games in 10 years and gets beat in overtime by PC one game. JC should win this district although i admit its going to be a very tough district and for a change the girls games will be interesting to watch. JC will beat PC by double digits every time they play this year. PC had its cinderella story last year but i predict they finish fourth behind Clay Co.

JC and Crange will prob split and tie for first

Clay 3RD

PC 4TH

Let me say first, I am not trying to start anything but I've just got one question. How does a team with 3 All State players come in 4th in the district? Something is wrong with that picture.

Well its not that hard to figure out but since you're having a little trouble let me help you out. Two of the teams in this district have won the last two gold balls and have the MVP of the state tournament returning on both teams along with great supporting casts! Clay County took 2/3 including the consolation game that put PC in fouth place coming out of the district tournament. Clay brings back everyone but one player and they are loaded with talent in the freshman and sophomore age groups! JC would have gotten beaten by a good middle school team the night PC beat them. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing next to it. Clay Co. or PC or Monterey would all have beaten them on that ONE night. We have all seen teams have those kind of nights. PC did what they had to do and did a great job. but saying they are going to beat JC girls again is like saying JC's boys are going to go back to the state tourney. It just don't happen people, well once every 35 years and thats about how often PC is gonna beat JC once every 35 years.