Powell Panthers

Rico

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I would like to know what kids lived in the Powell zone other than Zack(need I say anything)...and if you are referring to the Cruze's they lived in Sterchi Hills which is Central's zone...and I dont think you want to get that conversation going...and for the record I am not going to run back to Coach Helton and tell him what we have been saying on Coacht(and you seem nervous) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ...and for the 20th time all I have said is that what the SENIOR QB FOR POWELL SAID WAS OBSURD...and when you have some facts about these kids in which you questioned my knowledge I fired back and you have no response...and if you want to start talking about kids that have left the Powell zone and went to Central that is fine b/c it will give a reason to fire away with some more info...and I dont think you want to get into that conversation...and for the record my reading comp has been good being that you said if I knew Zach or Zack as well as I did I would know how to spell it...and I am not a young kid like you thought and have some knowledge of this area and the kids that are and have played here...so if you want to start with some of your info let me know and I have some ideas...about what I can do... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Here you go, copied and pasted from post #47 in this thread:

OK, if you really know Zach then you would know that it is Zach with an H, not a K.

If you know the players that played with Zach then you can't tell us with a straight face that there wasn't ample trash talking coming from that group. They did at times, and they generally backed it up with their play on the field. A good portion of those kids who played at Central then were kids that lived in the Powell zone, went to Powell Middle, and played baseball and youth football at Powell. We know those kids and we know better than what you are telling us. I coached a couple of them myself when they were coming up.

You seem to have a bit of a holier than thou complex, Cat. Kids at Central are no different than kids at Powell, Halls, West, Clinton, Riverdale, Melrose, Red Bank, D-B, or anywhere else. Today's players talk a lot on the field - everywhere, and not just at Powell. I don't like it because it isn't something that my generation put up with, but it's a part of the real world today.

Now show me where I said anything about knowing anybody better than you do. I said we know better than what you were telling us. To spell it out for you, that means that we don't believe what you are saying, and not that we know anybody better than you do. You really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Kids who lived in the Powell zone on that team? Off the top of my head do the initials AB and ZH ring a bell? I'll pull the starters/rosters from those years when I am home later and have time to pull them.

The Cruzes and Hubers did live in Sterchi Hills, which was and still is zoned Central. They were not players that I was thinking of. Both families moved to the Powell zone before their sons played at Powell. Lee Smith lived in the Halls zone while he was playing at Central. His family moved to the Powell zone when he enrolled at Powell and became eligible.

Here you go, copied and pasted from post #47 in this thread:

OK, if you really know Zach then you would know that it is Zach with an H, not a K.

If you know the players that played with Zach then you can't tell us with a straight face that there wasn't ample trash talking coming from that group. They did at times, and they generally backed it up with their play on the field. A good portion of those kids who played at Central then were kids that lived in the Powell zone, went to Powell Middle, and played baseball and youth football at Powell. We know those kids and we know better than what you are telling us. I coached a couple of them myself when they were coming up.

You seem to have a bit of a holier than thou complex, Cat. Kids at Central are no different than kids at Powell, Halls, West, Clinton, Riverdale, Melrose, Red Bank, D-B, or anywhere else. Today's players talk a lot on the field - everywhere, and not just at Powell. I don't like it because it isn't something that my generation put up with, but it's a part of the real world today.

Now show me where I said anything about knowing anybody better than you do. I said we know better than what you were telling us. To spell it out for you, that means that we don't believe what you are saying, and not that we know anybody better than you do. You really do have a problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

Kids who lived in the Powell zone on that team? Off the top of my head do the initials AB and ZH ring a bell? I'll pull the starters/rosters from those years when I am home later and have time to pull them.

The Cruzes and Hubers did live in Sterchi Hills, which was and still is zoned Central. They were not players that I was thinking of. Both families moved to the Powell zone before their sons played at Powell. Lee Smith lived in the Halls zone while he was playing at Central. His family moved to the Powell zone when he enrolled at Powell and became eligible.

Are you really saying that...AB and ZH...well ZH lived with his dad and he is the head coach at Central(stupid)...AB actually lived and still lives in Halls zone(Miller RD)so no you are wrong again and Rico and osunut2 dont read the thread if you dont like it and HTV is kicking the dead horse I am not...and the Hubers did not move they rented a condo in the Powell zone from a very well known realtor in Powell...and the Cruze's never moved because they may still live there and if not just moved less than a year ago...so anything else you have to not prove any points, and I am not going to tell Coach Helton...so this is going to be my last post until you come up with some more info...and by the way the Smith's lived in halls in a neighborhood called Buckhaven and then they moved to Powell and Lee never wanted to move...so just another example of your lack of resources and just the absolute lack of knowledge of Knoxville football...so see ya when I see ya...and come up with actual facts and not BS!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Are you really saying that...AB and ZH...well ZH lived with his dad and he is the head coach at Central(stupid)...AB actually lived and still lives in Halls zone(Miller RD)so no you are wrong again and Rico and osunut2 dont read the thread if you dont like it and HTV is kicking the dead horse I am not...and the Hubers did not move they rented a condo in the Powell zone from a very well known realtor in Powell...and the Cruze's never moved because they may still live there and if not just moved less than a year ago...so anything else you have to not prove any points, and I am not going to tell Coach Helton...so this is going to be my last post until you come up with some more info...and by the way the Smith's lived in halls in a neighborhood called Buckhaven and then they moved to Powell and Lee never wanted to move...so just another example of your lack of resources and just the absolute lack of knowledge of Knoxville football...so see ya when I see ya...and come up with actual facts and not BS!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And just to add to it I have plenty of Powell friends and regret that I even got in an absolute meaningless conversation with you...and get a grip and quit acting like you are in the know...and you have all these guys on here fooled!!!

Ok. Quit you cry baby. Your freshman got scared by a varsity qb. Wipe their a?‚¬* and grow some balls. I'm not from Powell and I see what's wrong with central. They got too many candy a?‚¬~es leading them. Get over it and have your boys do something about it.

Ok. Quit you cry baby. Your freshman got scared by a varsity qb. Wipe their a?‚¬* and grow some balls. I'm not from Powell and I see what's wrong with central. They got too many candy a?‚¬~es leading them. Get over it and have your boys do something about it.

Since when did you become the Coacht police? You are right and I bet you are a really tough guy!!! You want to talk junk through a forum and that is real tough!!! We dont cry we just do work on people like you!!! I have proved that throught this thread...it is called mental toughness!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> But I will listen to you and if I start a thread or you start another thread, or I see where you posted on a thread I am going to get on there and blow you up...so I hope you enjoy defending yourself...and to answer the thread...Powell will be young and with an unproven QB and will be probably pretty athletic at TB and thin or inexperienced and OL with a young but some proven defensive players...but losing Kier will be a huge loss!!! Like I have answered in a post on this thread about 3 times...so I will be lurking and watching for your name on here...enjoy!!!

Since when did you become the Coacht police? You are right and I bet you are a really tough guy!!! You want to talk junk through a forum and that is real tough!!! We dont cry we just do work on people like you!!! I have proved that throught this thread...it is called mental toughness!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> But I will listen to you and if I start a thread or you start another thread, or I see where you posted on a thread I am going to get on there and blow you up...so I hope you enjoy defending yourself...and to answer the thread...Powell will be young and with an unproven QB and will be probably pretty athletic at TB and thin or inexperienced and OL with a young but some proven defensive players...but losing Kier will be a huge loss!!! Like I have answered in a post on this thread about 3 times...so I will be lurking and watching for your name on here...enjoy!!!

Just tired of the same spill 15 times, move on!

Just tired of the same spill 15 times, move on!

Let's talk about some facts then. AB went to Powell middle school but as far as I know he lived in the central zone when he played for CHS. It's well documented that Dada wanted to come to powell but there was conflicting interest between his two parents. Huber came to Powell because the coaching staff at Central wasn't giving him a fair shake and because he came to Powell and ONLY because he came to Powell where the coaches have a knack for getting their kids recruited is he where he is today. Not to say Baron didn't earn it but had he stayed at Central he would not be where he is today. Lee transferred because he was kicked off the basketball team at Central. Daryle has strong Powell ties as he graduated from PHS and once Lee was dismissed from the CHS basketball team for missing a practice to hang out with his girlfirend at the time, the move made sense to the family.

On the class note. The Central fans chanted "alcoholc" at Lee Smith during his SR year in the game at Central. As has been stated, boys will be boys and trash talk is going to happen. As for last years mixed freshman and jv game the game was to be played with no JRs at all on the field and Central sent several JRs over and they played in the game. The game was set up because Central "did not have enough freshmen to field a freshman team." Regardless Powell beat Centrals mix of Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors with onnly fresh and soph. Just wanted to add in some facts from this end.

Let's talk about some facts then. AB went to Powell middle school but as far as I know he lived in the central zone when he played for CHS. It's well documented that Dada wanted to come to powell but there was conflicting interest between his two parents. Huber came to Powell because the coaching staff at Central wasn't giving him a fair shake and because he came to Powell and ONLY because he came to Powell where the coaches have a knack for getting their kids recruited is he where he is today. Not to say Baron didn't earn it but had he stayed at Central he would not be where he is today. Lee transferred because he was kicked off the basketball team at Central. Daryle has strong Powell ties as he graduated from PHS and once Lee was dismissed from the CHS basketball team for missing a practice to hang out with his girlfirend at the time, the move made sense to the family.

On the class note. The Central fans chanted "alcoholc" at Lee Smith during his SR year in the game at Central. As has been stated, boys will be boys and trash talk is going to happen. As for last years mixed freshman and jv game the game was to be played with no JRs at all on the field and Central sent several JRs over and they played in the game. The game was set up because Central "did not have enough freshmen to field a freshman team." Regardless Powell beat Centrals mix of Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors with onnly fresh and soph. Just wanted to add in some facts from this end.

So are you sure AB went to Powell? He actually went to Halls( just like his brother) went to Halls for middle school and they live in the Halls zone(Miller Rd)...DaDa was never going to Powell and he told the coaches about Darryl asking him to come to Powell when Lee went...and Lee wasnt kicked off the team he was suspended for a game...and his dad wanted JD Lambert to be the coach of the Central team(b/c he thought he could throw his weight around with JD)....Baron was already as a junior being recruited by Alabama and would have signed with Alabama from Central...Baron was upset because he couldnt play LB at Central and he is still not playing LB now so the coaching staff at Central wasnt that stupid...and Central has sent plenty of player to big time schools need I mention any of them...Had Lee and Baron stayed at Central they would have a State Championship Ring, being that we had to start 2 sophomores there...and for the facts of the Class that is students and fans chanting something not the starting QB...and the game yeah we had 2 juniors there,1 has Autism and the other had been playing since week 5 because he had mono for the first of the year and this was the first year he had played since he was an 8th grader...and yes we could field a freshman team we just like to let the sophs and juniors to play that do not get to play on friday night...but I am sure you know more about our roster than we do...so there are your facts and by the way we were going to turn Powell in for calling DaDa but Coach Helton was talked out of it by another Powell grad that was coaching at Central at the time...so you need to check your facts and then We will see if they are right!!! Because those have a Powell spin to them 4life!!!

I almost hate to say it but it is aweful fun to hear you guys goin' at each other for a change. I know many of those kids / families as well , it is a crazy world.

Greyrider I am glad someone on here sees what this forum is for and is having as much fun as I am and I think they are tired of hearing the facts and just dont want to think that I know more about things than they do...so I appreciate your input and not taking this personal...talk to you later!!!