Franklin Rebels looking for a coach!

ttsootb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is that the staff was on a interim basis. I guess the administration was not happy with them. The name floating around the southern part of the county is Nathan Brown from Page. Anyone from Franklin want to share some light on the situation. I haven't been a fan of the Rebels, but I thought the staff did a great job after losing all 3 OF and 3/4ths of the infield from the previous year.

Word on the street is that the staff was on a interim basis. I guess the administration was not happy with them. The name floating around the southern part of the county is Nathan Brown from Page. Anyone from Franklin want to share some light on the situation. I haven't been a fan of the Rebels, but I thought the staff did a great job after losing all 3 OF and 3/4ths of the infield from the previous year.

IndyEagle09 I think you have a short memory. You did plenty of slamming on the Franklin team/coaching staff this year and even predicted the coach staff wouldn't be back. (In case you forgot this is one of several posts you put up during the season - "Franklin got lucky last time we played and Tuesday they will learn that. For some reason those guys think they have done something. All they have done in their high school careers have sat on the bench and watch last year's group win big games. That whole program is in shambles, there coaches will be gone after this year. Franklin loses the next 6 in a row.")

Franklin needs a coaching change. The team lacked discipline and leadership from the coaching staff. There is talent at all levels on that team, and it just wasn't developed this season like the parents/players were promised. My experience at Franklin last season - a lot of talk and very little action. And before anyone jumps out there and says this is a parent of a kid who didn't get enough playing time - you're wrong. My kid played plenty and I had no complaints from that angle, but if anyone is interested in hearing my list of things that went wrong it started from early on when they played an inter-squad scrimmage at the start of the season and the 2 head coaches were on the field playing while kids on both teams sat the bench all afternoon. It went downhill from there.

I gave Franklin grief all season cause that is what rivals do. No harm was meant by my posts, once they were eliminated I gave it up. I remember when we played them at our place we barely won 4-3 with our ace on the mound and some guy not even in their rotation.

Our JV team spoke highly of Franklin as they played a very competitive championship game in the JV Tourney that went extra innings.

Seems to me you had some problems with the coaching staff. Did you ever go talk to the coaches about your concerns? Maybe they could explain themselves. Coach Moore has done a very good job with that.

Seems to me you are a parent that will bark loud on the internet and do nothing about it. I would love hear your list of things. 3 coaches in 3 years is not good for a school like Franklin. Seems to me after Dr. Campbell left the athletic program is in shambles. Whose in charge over there anyway? If they would of kept their coaching staff they would of been at the top with Indy for the next couple of years.

I gave Franklin grief all season cause that is what rivals do. No harm was meant by my posts, once they were eliminated I gave it up. I remember when we played them at our place we barely won 4-3 with our ace on the mound and some guy not even in their rotation.

Our JV team spoke highly of Franklin as they played a very competitive championship game in the JV Tourney that went extra innings.

Seems to me you had some problems with the coaching staff. Did you ever go talk to the coaches about your concerns? Maybe they could explain themselves. Coach Moore has done a very good job with that.

Seems to me you are a parent that will bark loud on the internet and do nothing about it. I would love hear your list of things. 3 coaches in 3 years is not good for a school like Franklin. Seems to me after Dr. Campbell left the athletic program is in shambles. Whose in charge over there anyway? If they would of kept their coaching staff they would of been at the top with Indy for the next couple of years.

Been around athletics for far too long and I know how the politics are played - once you voice your concerns your kid is usually targeted in the wrong way and I'm not willing to sacrifice my kid's baseball career because of a knucklehead coaching staff. I have also been around long enough to know that those things usually take care of themselves.

I completely agree that turnover in a coaching staff is not good - but it also isn't good for the younger players to come up through the ranks watching the older guys be undisciplined on and off the field and drag the team down. I'll skip some of my issues with player discipline and how some guys got away with things that were out of line and stick to the coaches. Things like JV coaches hanging on the fence playing pucker face with their wives (or whoever it was) between innings, the head coach having conversations with players about other players, or things like not helping kids get noticed by college scouts so that they can play ball beyond Franklin HS. To sum it up, it was lack of professionalism, teaching the players how to make excuses for tough losses, lack of discipline for himself, his players, and his coaching staff, and not motivating these kids to play to their potential. Basically not all turnover is bad and in this case I think that if the Franklin Baseball program wants to rebuild it's dynasty a change is needed.

Why not hire Tim Liddle? He played for Mel Brown @ McGavock & Ken Dugan @ Lipscomb and only lives down the street from Franklin High School. This would be a great non teacher hire for the Rebels. If you want a structured program with tons of discipline Liddle would be a great fit.

Been around athletics for far too long and I know how the politics are played - once you voice your concerns your kid is usually targeted in the wrong way and I'm not willing to sacrifice my kid's baseball career because of a knucklehead coaching staff. I have also been around long enough to know that those things usually take care of themselves.

I completely agree that turnover in a coaching staff is not good - but it also isn't good for the younger players to come up through the ranks watching the older guys be undisciplined on and off the field and drag the team down. I'll skip some of my issues with player discipline and how some guys got away with things that were out of line and stick to the coaches. Things like JV coaches hanging on the fence playing pucker face with their wives (or whoever it was) between innings, the head coach having conversations with players about other players, or things like not helping kids get noticed by college scouts so that they can play ball beyond Franklin HS. To sum it up, it was lack of professionalism, teaching the players how to make excuses for tough losses, lack of discipline for himself, his players, and his coaching staff, and not motivating these kids to play to their potential. Basically not all turnover is bad and in this case I think that if the Franklin Baseball program wants to rebuild it's dynasty a change is needed.

Being a person that played for four years under coach Brown, I can definately say that the discipline is there. Out of all three coaches, he was the one that pushed us the hardest and disciplined us the most, so for you to say that he doesn't push his players to their fullest, you're dead wrong. The thing about the JV coaches kissing there wifes... who cares? It's JV, no one at all pays attention to the JV games unless there a JV parent which I'm sure you are... with that being said, you really probably didn't deal with coach Brown at all considering he was the Varsity head coach. Head coaches in college baseball, pro baseball and every other baseball organizations I have ever been around have conversations with players about other players just to get an idea of what's going on and what people are thinking, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. The four years I was at Franklin, coach Brown probably got 95% of the scouts there for us, which means that for all the guys that went on to play college/ professional ball.. he was the one to thank for their future career. So for you to say that he doesn't help guys get noticed, you just dont have your facts correct at all. Brown was the only coach on the field that would ever motivate us when I played for Franklin, so before you get on the internet and start running your mouth because your kid is not getting playing time, please get your facts straight. Brown was one of the main reasons we got to the state tournament 3 out of the 4 years we were there, and to let him go would be the biggest mistake Franklin baseball has made in a long time.

Being a person that played for four years under coach Brown, I can definately say that the discipline is there. Out of all three coaches, he was the one that pushed us the hardest and disciplined us the most, so for you to say that he doesn't push his players to their fullest, you're dead wrong. The thing about the JV coaches kissing there wifes... who cares? It's JV, no one at all pays attention to the JV games unless there a JV parent which I'm sure you are... with that being said, you really probably didn't deal with coach Brown at all considering he was the Varsity head coach. Head coaches in college baseball, pro baseball and every other baseball organizations I have ever been around have conversations with players about other players just to get an idea of what's going on and what people are thinking, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. The four years I was at Franklin, coach Brown probably got 95% of the scouts there for us, which means that for all the guys that went on to play college/ professional ball.. he was the one to thank for their future career. So for you to say that he doesn't help guys get noticed, you just dont have your facts correct at all. Brown was the only coach on the field that would ever motivate us when I played for Franklin, so before you get on the internet and start running your mouth because your kid is not getting playing time, please get your facts straight. Brown was one of the main reasons we got to the state tournament 3 out of the 4 years we were there, and to let him go would be the biggest mistake Franklin baseball has made in a long time.

Not worth a response, but your assumptions are dead wrong.

I have a lot of friends on the FHS baseball team, and they all seem to say the same thing...the opposite of what you're saying. Even the players who played everyday, and would have no reason to complain about anything, did not like the coach.