kingston yellow jackets 2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh definately,all the alcoa people are teaming up against me lol,i always said they have a goos team,i just said the wont go to kingston and win by 60 points,i have alot of friends who played last year and i wish we had the seniors this year,mostly soph,and juniors.

Ktown, I told you this in another post as well, but losing by more than 60 is extremely difficult to do. Most teams worth their salt will put in their 3rd string before they get over 40 points. You are not saying anything significant when you say that Kingston will not lose by more than 60 points.

That's pretty impressive cause Webb is supposed to be one of the top teams in their classification this year! That's what i have always liked about Kingston, they will scrap around and play with anyone they line up against. They do not get in intemidated and i cant remember the last time Kingston lost in a blowout either.

Clinton has a pretty tough non district schedule this year.....we play Dobyns-Bennett and T.C. Roberson, NC....plus i think we only had 45-50 players out for spring practice, so i hope more kids come out this summer or we might start to get a little beat up by the second half of the season. I would rather play these tough teams though instead of a couple of cup cakes! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

See Fulton 05 06 Loudon 06

Those games were not fun.

See Fulton 05 06 Loudon 06

Those games were not fun.

The Fulton game in 05 was 44-28....a 16 point loss. 06 was 40-13.....now that might be considered a blowout! Loudon in 06 was 38-24...a 14 point loss.

In today's games, a 14 or 16 point loss isnt considered a blowout as far as i am concerned. Kingston has alot of tradition and is a classy program.

thanks 4 comment,im glad kingston plays loudon again,but ill be the 1st to say kingston football isnt what it used 2 be,we used 2 have 100 plus kids out,and no freshmen,now we got like 60 or 70 with freshmen,alot of it is the coaches,they dont do anything for the kids,dont recruit kids in the school 2 play,dont get em any college exposure,they dont make the kids run much,or hit the weight room hard at all,kingston has changed totally,the kids still play with pride,thats good,but u cant run the ball every play like u used 2,dont have the 300 pound strong lineman,or big fast rbs,they play both ways also,if kingston had a whole different staff they would be awsome,talent is there,i cant beleive they didnt hire scott meadows a few years bk before he went to william blount,he wanted the job,but no 1 will fire the coaches cause they been there 23 years,its like a poison,it worked back in the day,but not in this day and time,kingston would be one of the most attractive coaching jobs in the state,i hope it happens soon.

thanks 4 comment,im glad kingston plays loudon again,but ill be the 1st to say kingston football isnt what it used 2 be,we used 2 have 100 plus kids out,and no freshmen,now we got like 60 or 70 with freshmen,alot of it is the coaches,they dont do anything for the kids,dont recruit kids in the school 2 play,dont get em any college exposure,they dont make the kids run much,or hit the weight room hard at all,kingston has changed totally,the kids still play with pride,thats good,but u cant run the ball every play like u used 2,dont have the 300 pound strong lineman,or big fast rbs,they play both ways also,if kingston had a whole different staff they would be awsome,talent is there,i cant beleive they didnt hire scott meadows a few years bk before he went to william blount,he wanted the job,but no 1 will fire the coaches cause they been there 23 years,its like a poison,it worked back in the day,but not in this day and time,kingston would be one of the most attractive coaching jobs in the state,i hope it happens soon.

I agree with this completely. It seems CVK has a lot of the same attributes that recently cost Phil Fulmer his job. I'm not a K-Town hater by any means. I spent my time, 04-07, raising heck in the student section. As a matter of fact I was the first one on the field when we beat AE(there were still like 11 seconds on the clock).I may have had years mixed up on my previous post, but I distinctly remember Loudon running over us on homecoming, maybe it was 05. And anyone who watched Kingston play Fulton during the Rogan years knows those games weren't even close. I love the Jackets and I'm all Big Blue, but I was just trying to be realistic.

In conclusion, have a great day and Go Jackets!

look up how many total victories fulton has,and kingston,and go head 2 head kingston vs loudon,i know my class blew em out every year,98-01,3 time region champs,and state runner up.

Ktown, I have no idea which of my teammates you are from the '98 team, but you have no common sense. I must have beaten out all your common sense on the practice field. Please don't compare the '98 team to any other team you were on. What years did you actually play on the field? Kingston stunk in '96 and '97 in a mediocre region (we should have been better than we were, senior leadership was lacking), ruled in '98 in a strong region, and was strong enough to make it to State Championship and lose by 1 to a team with way more tallent, but in '99 - '00 Kingston was just above par in a Mediocre region again after all the quality seniors graduated. I know I am biased since I played on the 98 team, but we beat people outside our region when it counted, regular season titles mean nothing, playoffs are the only thing that matter and 1st and 2nd round exits are posers.

Kingston stunk in '96 and '97 in a mediocre region (we should have been better than we were, senior leadership was lacking), ruled in '98 in a strong region, and was strong enough to make it to State Championship and lose by 1 to a team with way more tallent, but in '99 - '00 Kingston was just above par in a Mediocre region again after all the quality seniors graduated.

So...

1996-1997: the region was mediocre

1998: the region was strong

1999-2000: the region was mediocre

Who were the strong teams in this "strong region" in 1998?

??? Austin-East had one of their worst seasons in school history only winning one game.

??? Fulton was not a state power at the time. They only won 43% of their games from 1992-2001. Their only state appearance at the time was in 1974, and they didn't win it.

I'm not trying to take anything away from your 14 win season because not many teams can say that they have done that, but I do not consider 1998 as a year when Region 2-3A was strong.

well i grad, in 01,and fulton was better in the late 90s than the rogan days i think,they had a great qb in fred smith,and good rbs,i believe we won 46-7 in the playoffs,and melrose had 10 division 1 prospects,including albert means,alabama signee,but kingston is gettin to be a bigger joke every year, ur only a good team if u have more than 50 varsity players in a decent size region,and u actually hit in practice,and ger big in the weight room,now thew only run without pads on,if they run,they dont have 100 players,and they dont hit like we used to in practice,and they are skinny ole boys,esp lineman,and no heart what so ever,alot of that reflects on coaching,im a die hard kingston fan,oh yea i highly doubt u laid me out on a practice field,actually i know u didnt cause no body did,ever,theres u a hint