Why is SBEC allowed in the TSSAA?

BillVol

They're in Mississippi for crying out loud. It should be in the By-Laws or constitution that a school must be in Tennessee to be in the TSSAA. This is absurd. Just as absurd as when we had Tennessee state championship softball games played in the state of Mississippi. Should be a rule against that, too.

Well initially, the school was in Memphis, but moved their campus to Southhaven, which is considered part of the Memphis metropolitain area.

My recollection is that initially SBEC was kicked out when they moved to Mississippi. I understand that the provision under which they came back permits membership to a school that was formerly a TSSAA member that has relocated out of state, as long as the majority of students are Tennessee residents.

On a related and interesting matter, Fort Campbell High School, which has won a couple of state football championships in Kentucky in recent years, is actually located in Tennessee.

other interesting facts

Navajo Mountain HS(Tonalea, Arizona) Plays in the Utah HSAA

Needles High School(Needles California) plays in the Nevada HSAA

Coleyville HS(Coleyville, California) plays in the Nevada HSAA

North Tahoe HS(Tahoe City, California) plays in the Nevada HSAA

Truckee HS(Truckee, California) plays in the Nevada HSAA

South Tahoe HS(South Lake Tahoe, California) plays in the Nevada HSAA

these are mainly due to their proximity to teams in the other states HSAA, and the LONG travels they usualy would have to make in their host state, there are a few others but i cant remember them off the top of my head.

N.J.

I can't answer why SBEC was allowed in. You'd have to ask the TSSAA to get that answer. I will give you some detailed background on why SBEC prefers the TSSAA at this point. Follow the link to an old thread on the subject.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...#entry826864644

SBEC like Fayette Academy played in the Miss Private schools and Miss let Fayette Academy play in Miss. They dominated and I am sure that Sbec did as well and wanted better competition and not 5 hour bus rides on a school night. Private schools they play are all within an hour drive. Makes perfect sense. They beat us in softball. What's the big deal? DII needed them last year for the numbers.