Pre-season AA favorites?

GCPioneer

Who are the top teams in AA this coming season?

The two tops from the West...

Westview is loaded this year. They lost 1 Senior off of last years team in BB Brooks. Westview was without BB almost the whole season due to a broken leg and still made a great push late into the season. Westview returns all 5 starters from last year as well as their bench players. They're absolutely loaded and will be hard for any team to beat this loaded bunch. They will be led by Amber Rechis, Grace Ann Swaim and Sarah Olds. I expect them to make another great post season run at it again.

Gibson Co. returns their big 3 from last year in Heather Butler, Heather Griffin, and Aubrey Reedy. However, Gibson Co. lost their head coach, Kevin McMillan, as he headed to coach UTM. Coach Russell returns back as head coach as he spent 2 years under Coach McMillan as an assistant. Gibson Co. lost some great Seniors off of last years team and the question now is, who will fill their shoes? Gibson Co. and Westview will definately have some classic games this year and I honestly hope to see 5 rounds of GC/Westview.

I know Livingston Academy should be back to the state tournaments again next year as they are mostly every year. A team that I've been hearing about on the boards from 7AA is Cannon Co. Are they as good as some have indicated on different threads?

Everyone else's opinons will definately be appreciated!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston Academy should be a favorite, as well as Westview and Gibson, no doubt. I think my two final teams would just be another rematch of 2009. Cannon County, will be pretty good. State level, possibly. Not a favorite I dont think, but definitely getting there. Hope all is well. Hope to see you in March, this time hoisting gold.

It's not going to be 7AA. It will be 8AA.

Yes LA looks strong but ragged. I thought they looked ragged all through last season, but look what happened, another Silver Ball in the trophy case.

Cannon Co sometimes plays like a championship team, then in the next game , play like middleschoolers. They have a good outside/inside game when it works.

Upperman is the mystery team. They played most of camp season without their starting post and point. By the end of camps the younger kids stepped up and they started to jell. The Bees will have a strong bench this year.

York and Smith Co have guard issues. but have improved.

The coaching change at Gibson Co....will it make a difference? I doubt it being he is proven winner already. If they can maintain the same chemistry as last season and stay focused and not worry with the winning streak and all, in my mind Gibson County is going to be the pre season favorite and I am sure most of the states mind as well. This is a very good returning ball club. Westview sounds like they will be a handfull as well...I just wonder can they hang with GC through out the regular and post season. Other than the first game of last year, GC pretty much owned WV, but I think WV can give them a run for their money. 13-AA is going to be stout. What about OC? Don't they return Fussell? Does she have alot of help?

I hear LA looks pretty good..I sure hope so! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I believe even with out seeing them play that can be in the mix come tourney time. I look for a little different style of play this year, but regardless, I just want them to do well. Cannon seems to me the mystery team as I believe they can be scary good. Upperman is just IMO getting deeper with their point and post sidelined this summer and I think they will have another great year. York will struggle as will Smith Co. Smith Co. guards looked better in camp down at Vandy last weekend though. All in all I am not sure how 7-AA will be but never the less they willl compete.

Jimbo, who all returns in 8-AA? I know Macon went there...they have some good young players but I don't think this is their year.

Fussell normally tries to beat teams by herself and sometimes can be tough to handle. She has a decent post player in Katie Pate who is about 6'3. They also have a Sophomore this coming year that's going to be very good by the name of Macy Wright. She can shoot.

If I remember correctly, Bolivar only had a couple of Seniors as well last year. They were a state tournament team last year. Only bad thing about it now is, Bolivar is in the same region as 13AA and will find it hard to compete with the top 3 teams in our District.

I'm not promising nothing right now. I hope we make it back to the 'boro and make it back to back championships, but nothing is promised. Take a look at Marshall Co. this past year. They had a very good team and even had a D1 player in the starting 5 and lost to Hume Fogg in Region semi's. GC is having their team camp this week and I'm going out tomorrow all day to check 'em out. From what I hear, no one has gotten close to us in the team camps we've played in.

Jimbo, who all returns in 8-AA? I know Macon went there...they have some good young players but I don't think this is their year.

The old 7AA minus Macon Co is now 8AA.

Macon Co is now 9AA with Hume Fogg, Whitehouse, Westmoreland, Greenbriar, Goodpasture, and Sycamore.

I was wondering about Central. I know they were really expecting big things last season and going to the boro is huge but they were wanting more, I know thats a duh type statement....but i really thought they had a shot at the title when it all began. So how much experience will they bring back. Right off the top of my mind is the post player who will be a Jr.??? The one who made the free throws down the strectch against Upperman in sub state.

What about Sequatchie, Indian?