Dobyns Bennett Football

I don't know that I agree with all of Comp's opinions, but nothing he said is any way racist or inappropriate. The responses to his post, however, are representative of a very sad state of affairs in this country in which any time a white person even mentions race he is immediately branded a racist. Even if what was said is, as Comp said, an irrefutable fact. Does anyone reading this really believe that being a white RB (or white DB for that matter) isn't a handicap from a recruiting standpoint, and that college coaches look just as closely at white RB's and DB's as black ones? If they did they would probably be pretty stupid, wouldn't they, because 99% of the major college RB's and DB's are black? And that isn't affirmative action at work, it's because the black athletes are better at those positions, with very rare exceptions. But affirmative action and other racial stupidity perpetuated as part of our politically correct culture is at least partially responsible for the vast over-reaction to his post (some of it may also be that some DB folks wouldn't agree with a South fan/parent on the time of day, but that's another story).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I agree with all of Comp's opinions, but nothing he said is any way racist or inappropriate. The responses to his post, however, are representative of a very sad state of affairs in this country in which any time a white person even mentions race he is immediately branded a racist. Even if what was said is, as Comp said, an irrefutable fact. Does anyone reading this really believe that being a white RB (or white DB for that matter) isn't a handicap from a recruiting standpoint, and that college coaches look just as closely at white RB's and DB's as black ones? If they did they would probably be pretty stupid, wouldn't they, because 99% of the major college RB's and DB's are black? And that isn't affirmative action at work, it's because the black athletes are better at those positions, with very rare exceptions. But affirmative action and other racial stupidity perpetuated as part of our politically correct culture is at least partially responsible for the vast over-reaction to his post (some of it may also be that some DB folks wouldn't agree with a South fan/parent on the time of day, but that's another story).

Yeah....What he/she said!

Hey good post.I know Comp and he would not knowingly insult anybody's kid.He is just telling it like it is,the truth.

Obama09 gave me a smart response back to a statement that I made on here also.If I am not mistaken Obama09 was a running back at DB named R.Releford.

Hey good post.I know Comp and he would not knowingly insult anybody's kid.He is just telling it like it is,the truth.

Obama09 gave me a smart response back to a statement that I made on here also.If I am not mistaken Obama09 was a running back at DB named R.Releford.

YOUR ARE VERY MUCH MISTAKEN. Obama09 is NOT Mr. R. Releford

If this is not a case of black/white then there should not be any further discussion or post on this issue. Comp has since then posted his intent in making his statements and that is his opinion just like in the replies he recieved for the post that was my opinion and other people opinions to his post. These kids have to see each other on a daily basis and or play against each other I just don't think that color or a # should be brought up as to who will make it and who wont' or because a coach is looking at their color instead of their talent. Heart and hard work can go along way you just have to want it(and some want it more than others) and sometimes that may not be enough but just support the kids and let them know they did everything possible but it was or was not ment to be. And with the world today it seems alot of our kids are opting for the armed services instead of college with recruiters being in the schools. Two of my "children" have already enlisted because they did not get looks at college one black and the other white. One a great track runner and one who had to the potential to do whatever he wanted to do with his life.

If this is not a case of black/white then there should not be any further discussion or post on this issue. Comp has since then posted his intent in making his statements and that is his opinion just like in the replies he recieved for the post that was my opinion and other people opinions to his post. These kids have to see each other on a daily basis and or play against each other I just don't think that color or a # should be brought up as to who will make it and who wont' or because a coach is looking at their color instead of their talent. Heart and hard work can go along way you just have to want it(and some want it more than others) and sometimes that may not be enough but just support the kids and let them know they did everything possible but it was or was not ment to be. And with the world today it seems alot of our kids are opting for the armed services instead of college with recruiters being in the schools. Two of my "children" have already enlisted because they did not get looks at college one black and the other white. One a great track runner and one who had to the potential to do whatever he wanted to do with his life.

So, if they inlist, they no longer have potential? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Next Week !!!! Football returns fans.The team will start in the middle of the week and end with two a days thursday and friday.Week after next will end with a scrimmage on media day against Halls.My biggest hope as a fan is for the team to get ready to play their first game and have as good a season as possible.My biggest hope as a parent,is that none of our guys get hurt while they play this very hard game for themselves,their school and all the fans that pull for the winningest team in the states history.Crank up the school song !! do the walk !! and Roll Tribe Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!