Hixson coach resigns

wilson25

Indian don't let Wilson ruffle your headress. All (few exceptions) schools go through rough times. East Ridge was hurt by a dying community. Wilson's Owls should never be down with all the growth in that area over the last 20 years (still growing). Seems to me they should make the state tournament as much or more that SD. Doesn't happen though. Is it coaching or is it demographics? Most of the time...demographics. Tate was a good coach and Mauser at ER can coach when given players. Most of you know the old saying... You can't make chicken salad out of chicken_____! Tate had NO players this year.

You have to develop players. One way to do that is to play as many games as you can. One of my complaints is Hixson doesn't even play in the local tournaments (Soddy & Ooltewah) where they can get more games and develop talent.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your version of "good" ball is obviously different then mine. Hixson is not in the valley so I expect alot more from them.

What's your definition of good ball?

The 3B at Hixson could have played at just about anywhere around. I agree with the statements on East Ridge. I go back to the zoning/demographic decisions for them and for Hixson, on a lot of their athletic woes. Specifically on softball, there a player on the UTC roster listed as being from East Ridge but she attended high school at one of the schools in North Georgia, there will probably be more of that if there's not already unless they can get it turned around quick. They have benefited in the past with players from the other side of the state line.

You have to develop players. One way to do that is to play as many games as you can. One of my complaints is Hixson doesn't even play in the local tournaments (Soddy & Ooltewah) where they can get more games and develop talent.

Hixson's been to plenty of out-of-town tournaments where (gasp) the talent level was likely equal to what they could have found at Soddy Lake. Maybe they just wanted to play different people. They had 1 pitcher this year after an older pticher quit, that probably was the reason for no tournaments that I saw listings on.

Practice develops players, NOT playing games. I have witnessed many a game where multiple fielders never get a chance to make plays/ develop their skills. Maybe that's why she played so few games this year knowing what he team was like. Did you see there ONLY pitcher this year? First year to pitch. I admire her for her efforts.

TSSAA puts practice time limits on school coaches. Basically 4 weeks to practice then games begin. Good luck with weather when they begin. When season is over then the summer coaches have them. I guess you know all this though.

As for the tournaments...I think most know that there is some hard feelings toward the SD staff from coach Tate. As for Ooltewah's tournament maybe it was prom day. Just a stupid guess.

Practice develops players, NOT playing games. I have witnessed many a game where multiple fielders never get a chance to make plays/ develop their skills. Maybe that's why she played so few games this year knowing what he team was like. Did you see there ONLY pitcher this year? First year to pitch. I admire her for her efforts.

TSSAA puts practice time limits on school coaches. Basically 4 weeks to practice then games begin. Good luck with weather when they begin. When season is over then the summer coaches have them. I guess you know all this though.

As for the tournaments...I think most know that there is some hard feelings toward the SD staff from coach Tate. As for Ooltewah's tournament maybe it was prom day. Just a stupid guess.

Why would ex-coach Tate have hard feelings with the Soddy Daisy staff?

Hixson's been to plenty of out-of-town tournaments where (gasp) the talent level was likely equal to what they could have found at Soddy Lake. Maybe they just wanted to play different people. They had 1 pitcher this year after an older pticher quit, that probably was the reason for no tournaments that I saw listings on.

What out of town tournaments did Hixson go to in 2009, 2008? Why did the older pitcher quit?

Why would ex-coach Tate have hard feelings with the Soddy Daisy staff?

What out of town tournaments did Hixson go to in 2009, 2008? Why did the older pitcher quit?

Their 2008 schedule was also incomplete on here but they had Powell on the schedule early in the season, so likely a Knoxville area tournament, and then they were in a Murfreesboro tournament (1 game listed). They could have played elsewhere, too.

Their school dropped 200 students in a year, maybe 20 percent, according to a newspaper article the other day. That seems to be more of a problem for their sports than losing particular players.

Their 2008 schedule was also incomplete on here but they had Powell on the schedule early in the season, so likely a Knoxville area tournament, and then they were in a Murfreesboro tournament (1 game listed). They could have played elsewhere, too.

Their school dropped 200 students in a year, maybe 20 percent, according to a newspaper article the other day. That seems to be more of a problem for their sports than losing particular players.

Who can blame the kids for wanting to go to a better school with better athletics and coaching?

Her teaching colleague at Loftis is SD assistant and Loftis MS coach.

You can't blame Wes for wanting to improve his place in the world. Being Cliffords assistant I'm sure will be invaluable to him in the future.

Aman keep on preaching wilson you know more softball than most of these people from the valley

Her teaching colleague at Loftis is SD assistant and Loftis MS coach.

You can't blame Wes for wanting to improve his place in the world. Being Cliffords assistant I'm sure will be invaluable to him in the future.

I don't blame him for coaching at SD. I'm happy for him if that's what he wants. I guess you know he was Tate's top assistant at Hixson prior to becoming a dugout coach (2nd assistant) for SD. What this does is that it influences kids from Loftis to go to SD instead of Hixson.