Amy Brown steps down at TTU

jimbo44

I hope she does well. She is suppose to be one heck of a recruiter. Hopefully she can keep local talent plus bring in some.

The thing I wonder is about, the woman who was the assistant at NC State. She coached while Coach Yow was sick and after she passed. Coach Yow wanted her to get that job, she didn't then she didn't get this one. It just seems something must not be right about her.

Coach 15 just want to clarify....your information concerning the assistant at NC State is incorrect. Jenny Palmateer is the assistant who interviewed for the TN Tech position and yes, she was one of the asst. coaches at NC State, however, it was Stephanie Glance who was the Associate head coach at NC State that Coach Yow wanted to get the NC State job. Coach Glance is now the president of the WBCA/Kay Yow Cancer fund. Both women are great coaches and women. So please be cautious when you post "It just seems something must not be right about her"....without correct information it can cause damage to that person's reputation without just cause.

Congratulations to Coach Messer...she is one heck of a recruiter. I am interested to see what she does now that she has moved 18" to the left. Lot of difference between the asst. chair and the hc chair.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the press conference. I was very favorably impressed. She seems pretty

smart and said the right things, at least today. Very energetic.

I was told that Coach Messer had a presentation at her interview that blew every one away.

She has a solid playing record at Arkansas, an exceptional recruiting record at GA Tech.

Season tickets go on sale mid-October. :popcorneater:

Is she going to keep the same assistant coaches that was there. I know for sure that Coach Childress is not staying how about Misty Garrett.

I would say she keeps Misty. Misty played at TTU and can help her out with the transition to TTU and also help out with the High school coaches.

Is she going to keep the same assistant coaches that was there. I know for sure that Coach Childress is not staying how about Misty Garrett.

I would say she keeps Misty. Misty played at TTU and can help her out with the transition to TTU and also help out with the High school coaches.

Misty is listed on the TTU website as an assistant coach.

Mrs. Henry from White Co. as the secretary.

• 1 month later...

Misty is listed on the TTU website as an assistant coach.

Understand Messer is looking for a 3rd assistant. Misty will pursue other opportunities.

Two assistants named in Herald Citizen printed edition today. Can't remember the

names and don't currently have the paper.