Joe Jackson 5'11 #17 5 star

Tarik Black 6'7 #46 4 star

Mardracus Wade 6'2 #101 4 star

Terrence Durham 6'2 #108 4 star

Todd Mayo 6'3 solid mid major prospect

Tim Peete 6'4 mid to high major

Ronald Brown 6'4 beast a bit undersized but I think could play high major

Chris Crawford 6'3 top 100 talent in my opinion

I believe all 4 could move up after the July evaluation period ends. Black could be on the verge of being a borderline 5 star.

Rivals Class of 2011

Adonis Thomas 6'6 #12 5 star I believe could challange for the top 5 before all is said and done

Chris Jones 5'10 # 51 4 star (will go to prep school)

Cedrick McAfee 6'3 #53 4 star I believe will move up to possibly a top 30 recruit

Octavious Ellis 6'8 #93 4 star

Andre Hollins 6'2 #97 4 star will certainly move up in the rankings

other possible high major recruits in my opinion

Nino Johnson 6'6 lots of potental, a beast

Ray Parks Jr 6'3 needs to grow another inch or so

Marvin Williams 6'6 I think will be high major, some think differently

Joe Northington 6'2 top 100 talent

Class of 2012

Jarnell Stokes 6'7 Potential top 20 recruit and McDonalds All American this kid is going to be a household name

Cameron Golden 5'10 will be a top 50 to 75 recruit

Martavious Newby 6'2 will be a top 50 to 75 recruit at least

Adam Weary 6'1 high majior talent, has to continue to grow

Robert Houston 6'2 high major talent, has to continue to grow

Anthlon Bell 6'2 high major talent, has to contnue to grow

There are many other players not listed. This is just a quick snapshot. I'm sure I missed some kids and I know there are many low/mid majors that never get talked about. I'm pretty sure I got the classes right, if not all are correct feel free to make a correction. I've seen most of these kids and the talent in the city is off the charts.

I'm told the class of 2013 is loaded as well. I just don't know enough about this class to make a serious judgement at this point.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about Darious Paige in 2011?

In 2012 there are some more guys who will most likely go D1.

Alex Anderson(Memphis East)-Mid to High Major. Maybe the best PG in the city.

Demarc Richardson(Briarcrest)- Athelthic Wing. Already has some exposure on ESPN and Rivals.

Cortez McClee(Southwind)- Best midrange game in the city?

D'Arius Sorrel(Central)- The next Ferrakhon?

Rodriequez Tucker(White Station)- 6'3 Athlethic Wing who I heard is going to be starting.

Blake Johnson(Central)- Best True PG in the City no doubt.

The 2013 class isn't loaded like 2012 or 2011, but at the top its solid. In fact 3 Memphis kids were at the Rivals All American Camp in Kentucky.

Jonathon J3 Williams(Southwind)-6'8, good handles, long arms, nice shooting touch.

Nick King(Memphis East)- 6'5, skilled and physical.

Austin Nichols(Briarcrest)- 6'6 Wing Forward excellent shooter and rebounder.

Matt Butler(Memphis East)- 6'1 guard, probably the best scorer in his class.

Dre'sean Looney(White Station)- Dropped 50 in a game and is the defintion of a combo guard.

Jajuan Johnson(Southwind)- 6'2 Guard, player of the year last year. Excellent shooter and warrior guard with length.

Devin Thornton(White Station)-5'10 PG, Lacks athlethicism, but makes up for with shooting and monster handles.

Thanks Jody Joe...I knew I would miss alot opf players. I had to edit my post because once I read over it I had some of classes wrong.

Will you be going to the AAU envet in a couple of weeks? I plan on it if nothing comes up with my work. Would like to meet you If I have the chance to make it.

BTW, i'm told a kid by the name of Nick King is going to be REALLY GOOD. I think he is class of 2013. Have you seen him?

Yeah I saw him and the rest of those guys at MUS the other week. I go to most of the games since my team doesn't compete with teams like the Y, War Eagles, and Bearcats. The Memphis Select(Stokes, Ellis, and Mcafee) are having a major tourney coming up. Memphis, Kansas, Mizzou, Ole Miss, and UAB will be there.

You should come. Here is some of the Memphis teams competing.

Memphis Select- Jarnell Stokes, Ced McAfee, Robert Houston, Terrence Durham, Nate Rucker, Octavious Ellis.

Memphis Magic- Joe Jackson, Tarik Black, Chris Crawford, Adonis Thomas, Todd Mayo, Ronald Brown

FCA War Eagles Wilfong- Matt Butler, Austin Nichols.

I'm planning on going to the River City Showdown the 13th through 15th as well.

As for Nick, he's right behind J3 for tops in his class. He had 13 points and 9 rebounds in the All Star Game at the All American Camp. So the hype is true. He's close to becoming a WF.

Off topic a littel bit...If Coach Pastner builds a wall around the city and locks down the top talent (top two to three players in each class) and complements each class with some national recruiting (which he will certainly do) like he did with the Will Barton verbal, the Memphis Tigers are going to continue to be a force for years to come.

Coach Pastner is a recruiting dynamo, one of the best in the buisness. And coach Cyp is pretty darn good to. The job Pastner has done the last three months is really remarkable, especially when considering the circumstances and all the turmoil surrounding the program. BIG THINGS ARE CERTAINLY ON THE HORIZON. I think Coach Pastner will consistently land top 10 recruiting classes starting in 2010 and in some years challenge for the top 1 to 5 classes. I really believe that.

The class of 2010 could very well be

Will Barton 5 star

Joe Jackson 5 star

Tarik Black 4 star

Casey Prather 4 star

Antonio Barton 3 star

and another 4 or 5 star which will certainly happen

That could be a top 5 class or top 5 to 10 at worst. Not bad at all for Pastners 1st class. Providing he can actually land all those kids. Prather is probably a better than 50% chance, would not suprise me if he landed at Memphis. Pastner is actively recruiting Prather. Prather attended Pastners camp a couple of weeks ago.

Casey Prather will probably be our best chance at landing a Wing in '10 class. We have outside shots with C.J. Leslie and Cameron Clark, but I wouldn't count on them coming. I think we're really high on Prather's list. After leaving the NBPA camp he flew to Memphis for an unofficial vist. I believed he stayed the night with a Celtics teammate as well.

The new updates just came out today.

Rivals class of 2010

Joe Jackson #18 5 star

Tarik Black #43 5 star

Mardracus Wade #101 3 star Wade is better than a 3 star and better than 101 in my opinion Wade should be somewhere around 65 to 75 range

Terrence Durham #121 3 star about right where he should be

A quick comment on a kid from the class of 2011

Ray Parks Jr, an unranked under the radar kid ...Parks is a sure fire High Major talent in my opinion and deserving of some national attention. Just needs to grow a bit in height. Having said that, Parks is a high major even if he never grows another inch, in my opinion.

I don't understand how Joe DROPPED a spot after ripping up the summer circuit and the NBPA camp. I think Tarik only moved up a few spots. Wade should be way higher than he is and is a bonafide 4 star. Durham is probably in his right spot.

Ray Parks is going to be playing with Joe, Tarik, and Adonis on the M33M Ballers for the rest of July so I don't think Exposure will be a problem any longer.

I think Parks is a legit 6'3, could be 6'4 but sometimes an inch or so is added to these kids real height. I have seem Black listed at 6'8 when he is actually more like 6'6 or pushing 6'7.

I really like Parks game. Kid is really strong physically and has legit 3 point range. Parks is a legit high major talent.

Parks will really open some eyes playing alonside Jackson, Black, and Wade. Parks will end up nationally ranked eventually...if not after this July evaluation period it will be next summer. I can see Parks getting some serious attention from some of the SEC and Big 12 schools. I'm sure some of these schools are well aware of Parks talent. Why the services haven't picked up on Parks as of yet could very well be beacuse he hasn't played as much AAU (and some of the mjaor events) as some of the other kids.