Memphis Prospects, unbelievable amount of BIGTIME talent

yankees8589

That's a great point you make. I agree 100%. Is coach Grant from Alabama one of those showing strong interest or are you not at liberty to say? I can certainly understand if you can't say. Good luck to Nate wherever he goes....I will be pulling for him just like I do all the local kids. Keep up the good work. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yea yankee8589 Bama has been a nice surprise to us. Coming very hard. They usually dont do that well at getting memphis players. But I do like the School and coaching staff. They will be here this weekend to the Memphis select tournament as well as the other 2 next week We will see. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea yankee8589 Bama has been a nice surprise to us. Coming very hard. They usually dont do that well at getting memphis players. But I do like the School and coaching staff. They will be here this weekend to the Memphis select tournament as well as the other 2 next week We will see. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good Luck. Alabama would be a great school. I'm a big fan of coach Grant.

I have a question for the memphis ppl. I am from henry county and we play melrose this year and raleigh egypt is gonna be in our christmas tourny. My question is does anyone know the exact date of the melrose game? I know they are coming here but I wanna make sure we will have our football players back since we are gonna need everything and some for that game. Our best overall player and our startin point, and our best player off the bench plays football and it will really hurt not to have them for that game.

I have a question for the memphis ppl. I am from henry county and we play melrose this year and raleigh egypt is gonna be in our christmas tourny. My question is does anyone know the exact date of the melrose game? I know they are coming here but I wanna make sure we will have our football players back since we are gonna need everything and some for that game. Our best overall player and our startin point, and our best player off the bench plays football and it will really hurt not to have them for that game.

WELL, LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE. AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE WHEN IT GETS LOPSIDED.

That's pretty good for Henry County to get Melrose there for a basketball game. Do you all have a contract or something that involves football too??

Patriot, I assume it will be sometime before January, maybe November or December. If Melrose plays to their potential there's not much you can do, but Chris Jones(I'm pretty sure) is going to prep school so they'll be breaking in another PG probably fellow Junior Kerrel Davis or PG by commitee with Davis, Newby, and Vontae Hampton.

Patriot, I assume it will be sometime before January, maybe November or December. If Melrose plays to their potential there's not much you can do, but Chris Jones(I'm pretty sure) is going to prep school so they'll be breaking in another PG probably fellow Junior Kerrel Davis or PG by commitee with Davis, Newby, and Vontae Hampton.

I'm not sure on the situation. A player just told me last week melrose was comin here and that we are playin more competition this year. We have a really good team for our area but I think the size of the memphis teams will hurt us. We have one high major player and one mid major but I know melrose is loaded. I'm really excited to see melrose and I'm excited for our christmas tourny which is loaded with good teams.

I'm not sure on the situation. A player just told me last week melrose was comin here and that we are playin more competition this year. We have a really good team for our area but I think the size of the memphis teams will hurt us. We have one high major player and one mid major but I know melrose is loaded. I'm really excited to see melrose and I'm excited for our christmas tourny which is loaded with good teams.

Who is the high major player you speak of from HC? I haven't heard of a high major basketball player from HC. Did you guys get a transfer? or is this a underclassman with alot of upside?

I don't know of any mid major players from HC either. The only one I can think of is the FB player, Shonte Sims. Sims could probably play low major D1, which ain't bad. However Sims will certainly be a high major FB player, no doubt.

Good luck to the HC Patriots.

Who is the high major player you speak of from HC? I haven't heard of a high major basketball player from HC. Did you guys get a transfer? or is this a underclassman with alot of upside?

I don't know of any mid major players from HC either. The only one I can think of is the FB player, Shonte Sims. Sims could probably play low major D1, which ain't bad. However Sims will certainly be a high major FB player, no doubt.

Good luck to the HC Patriots.

Sims could be high major in basketball as well. If he didn't play football and focused on just basketball he would be unstoppable. But he will end up choosen football for college anyway.

And I didn't mean mid I meant low major. And that is etheridge. He won district mvp last year and has gotten better every year since his freshman year (he was also our first freshman to play on varsity due to our rule change and didn't get much playin time cuz of it). And he will pass 1500 points this year easily if he stays healthy. But he told me personally if he don't think he will get playin time anywhere he will go to a smaller school to be a star. But he has a few schools lookin at him.

Shonte Sims is a bad man in basketball! He's a very under-rated player in West TN. I believe it was him, last year in the Westview Thanksgiving tournament, he drove the lane and dunked all over two guys that were both taller than him. It was very imressive. I think Shonte could definately play basketball in the OVC if he wanted to. Football seems to be his sport though and he's likely to go do a very solid D1 in football. The Etheridge boy is also very good as well.

Rivals Class of 2010

Joe Jackson 5'11 #17 5 star

Tarik Black 6'7 #46 4 star

Mardracus Wade 6'2 #101 4 star

Terrence Durham 6'2 #108 4 star

Todd Mayo 6'3 solid mid major prospect

Tim Peete 6'4 mid to high major

Ronald Brown 6'4 beast a bit undersized but I think could play high major

Chris Crawford 6'3 top 100 talent in my opinion

I believe all 4 could move up after the July evaluation period ends. Black could be on the verge of being a borderline 5 star.

Rivals Class of 2011

Adonis Thomas 6'6 #12 5 star I believe could challange for the top 5 before all is said and done

Chris Jones 5'10 # 51 4 star (will go to prep school)

Cedrick McAfee 6'3 #53 4 star I believe will move up to possibly a top 30 recruit

Octavious Ellis 6'8 #93 4 star

Andre Hollins 6'2 #97 4 star will certainly move up in the rankings

other possible high major recruits in my opinion

Nino Johnson 6'6 lots of potental, a beast

Ray Parks Jr 6'3 needs to grow another inch or so

Marvin Williams 6'6 I think will be high major, some think differently

Joe Northington 6'2 top 100 talent

Class of 2012

Jarnell Stokes 6'7 Potential top 20 recruit and McDonalds All American this kid is going to be a household name

Cameron Golden 5'10 will be a top 50 to 75 recruit

Martavious Newby 6'2 will be a top 50 to 75 recruit at least

Adam Weary 6'1 high majior talent, has to continue to grow

Robert Houston 6'2 high major talent, has to continue to grow

Anthlon Bell 6'2 high major talent, has to contnue to grow

There are many other players not listed. This is just a quick snapshot. I'm sure I missed some kids and I know there are many low/mid majors that never get talked about. I'm pretty sure I got the classes right, if not all are correct feel free to make a correction. I've seen most of these kids and the talent in the city is off the charts.

I'm told the class of 2013 is loaded as well. I just don't know enough about this class to make a serious judgement at this point.

Mcafee was totally unstoppable today. He dunked, ran the point, got to the rim, and hit jumpers with ease...

• 3 weeks later...