Class AAA District 11

Striker86

Class AAA District 11 now consists of:

Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Centennial, Independence, and Hillsboro

How do they finish top to bottom 1-6?

How many of these teams make the post season based on the new playoff system and the wild card spots?

My prediction:

1)Franklin (nothing new here)

2)Brentwood (should be tough despite some key losses)

3)Centennial (Surprise team of the region)

4)Independence (Will be better and rally around Eubanks)

5)Ravenwood (Gonna miss Rector; take a couple years to rebound)

6)Hillsboro (First go around with the big schools; will be too banged up each week to be consistent)

Post season teams

Franklin

Brentwood

Centennial gets a wild card

Now let the debating begin!

Good luck to everyone's squads this year!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take this time to acknowledge my lack of knowledge on the majority of the teams' returning talent. That being said:

1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Hillsboro

4. Independence

5. Centennial

6. Ravenwood

I hope I'm wrong about HHS though.

Im going to agree with slighlty Burro Ball on this one, but Ravenwood and Independence will be stronger than most people will think.

And to Striker86, wow im surprised but not convinced, Centennial 3rd? How? How do they out compete Hillboro who, in the year before, defeated a top 5 in the nation at state. When the year before didnt even come close to beating Brentwood in the playoffs. And if centennial was going to be 3rd in district and higher than Hillsboro, which is not going to happen, they wouldnt be a wild card team to get in, they would get in by default. You must not know that Hillsboro and Centennial are in 5A ranking not 6A like the rest of the district. Sure Centennial surprised us all last year, but look at who they lost; Chaz Scales a mini Michael Vick who ran the whole offense, Drew Kelley who would intimidate anyone as TE and a DE, and Raymond Jackson fast as heck running back and could run down anyone on defense. Yes Centennial had a great team last year, but no they wont go to the playoffs this year.

1. Franklin-(6A Playoff Bid)

2. Hillsboro-(5A Playoff Bid)

3. Brentwood-(Dont know who will do better)

3. Independence-(Dont know who will do better)

5. Ravenwood

6. Centennial-(Where they belong)

Whoever gets third place will win 2nd playoff bid for 6A.

I believe there is one wild bid for each district. And the wild card is voted by overall/district record, then attendence, and then stadium revenue. Thanks a lot T$$AA.

Thats the last time i predict anything for this district ive seen two other topics just like this, now i just want to kick back and wait till this next season starts. 48 Days and counting till week 0 baby!

Im going to agree with slighlty Burro Ball on this one, but Ravenwood and Independence will be stronger than most people will think.

And to Striker86, wow im surprised but not convinced, Centennial 3rd? How? How do they out compete Hillboro who, in the year before, defeated a top 5 in the nation at state. When the year before didnt even come close to beating Brentwood in the playoffs. And if centennial was going to be 3rd in district and higher than Hillsboro, which is not going to happen, they wouldnt be a wild card team to get in, they would get in by default. You must not know that Hillsboro and Centennial are in 5A ranking not 6A like the rest of the district. Sure Centennial surprised us all last year, but look at who they lost; Chaz Scales a mini Michael Vick who ran the whole offense, Drew Kelley who would intimidate anyone as TE and a DE, and Raymond Jackson fast as heck running back and could run down anyone on defense. Yes Centennial had a great team last year, but no they wont go to the playoffs this year.

5. Ravenwood

I believe there is one wild bid for each district. And the wild card is voted by overall/district record, then attendence, and then stadium revenue. Thanks a lot T$$AA.

Thats the last time i predict anything for this district ive seen two other topics just like this, now i just want to kick back and wait till this next season starts. 48 Days and counting till week 0 baby!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1. Brentwood

2. Indy

3. Ravenwood

4. Franklin

5. Centennial

6. Hillsboro

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

5. Ravenwood

Well Mackbrown while I respect your rankings, you haven't done your homework on the playoff system since TSSAA updated it. This is the last time I will type this....

THE WINNER OF HILLSBORO AND CENTENNIAL DOES NOT RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC BID.

THE TEAM WITH THE BETTER RECORD OF THE TWO TEAMS DOES NOT RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC BID.

The only way one of these two teams will get an automatic spot is if they finish in the top two of the region.

If say Brentwood and Franklin occupy first and second, Hillsboro and/or Centennial can only receive a birth by wild card. You must have at least three teams in your region of the same A (5A in this case) to receive an automatic bid.

I hope this helps. You have to love the TSSAA, right?

Now to comment on Hillsboro. I respect what they did last year with last year's players. Do you really expect them to be dominant again with the new scenery? They lost a lot too. They are going to go up against schools each week that have about 5,000 more enrolled. The more enrollment you have the more there is to choose from. Therefore the 6A schools in this region should POUND the 5A schools. The only reason I give Centennial the nod is they are used to it. They also return some pretty good youngsters. Yes they will miss Chaz and Raymond as well. Good thing Centennial has speed running out their ears. As for Drew K, he is the most overrated player I ever watched. He wasn't mentally tough. That is why he is playing college basketball and not college football. I'm not saying Centennial will win the region by no means, but they will surprise folks despite the loss of two greats.

Hope Franklin and Brentwood don't fall off too much after some of their key losses.

Well Mackbrown while I respect your rankings, you haven't done your homework on the playoff system since TSSAA updated it. This is the last time I will type this....

THE TEAM WITH THE BETTER RECORD OF THE TWO TEAMS DOES NOT RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC BID.

The only way one of these two teams will get an automatic spot is if they finish in the top two of the region.

If say Brentwood and Franklin occupy first and second, Hillsboro and/or Centennial can only receive a birth by wild card. You must have at least three teams in your region of the same A (5A in this case) to receive an automatic bid.

Now to comment on Hillsboro. I respect what they did last year with last year's players. Do you really expect them to be dominant again with the new scenery? They lost a lot too. They are going to go up against schools each week that have about 5,000 more enrolled. The more enrollment you have the more there is to choose from. Therefore the 6A schools in this region should POUND the 5A schools. The only reason I give Centennial the nod is they are used to it. They also return some pretty good youngsters. Yes they will miss Chaz and Raymond as well. Good thing Centennial has speed running out their ears. As for Drew K, he is the most overrated player I ever watched. He wasn't mentally tough. That is why he is playing college basketball and not college football. I'm not saying Centennial will win the region by no means, but they will surprise folks despite the loss of two greats.

Hope Franklin and Brentwood don't fall off too much after some of their key losses.

Yea plus i didnt mean to say wild card for each district i ment class /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

But thanks for clearing that T$$AA mess up for me. Ok yea it is hard for a team to keep coming back with good players after such a great season. May i remind you that just because they are new to the class and for these teams, doesnt mean anything, they got sent up a class for a reason. Just about anyteam can win this District.

You are entitled to your opinion. However, I would like to note that HHS has over 1200 students in their student body. The very largest discrepancy with any Williamson County high school enrollment is with Franklin, who has roughly 600 more students. Interestingly enough, Franklin is the team from Williamson County that HHS familiarized themselves with quite well on the gridiron over the last two seasons. Also, why is that a major ordeal when many of the schools in TN with the largest enrollments have a history of being pathetic in football? I realize that is not true of all, but many of them are in this situation. Ergo, with those facts, it stands to reason that it is an overrated advantage for the Williamson County schools to have a few hundred more kids or so to choose from.

I think the biggest question mark for HHS this season will be how well the players adjust to the changing of head coaches and defensive strategies (as well as the lettermen lost from 2008)....the typical obstacles and growing pains that come with a drastic change like that. Unlike you however, I don't think they'll be overwhelmed, but I also hope they exceed my expectations and really strive to continue the HHS football tradition that has been built over the last decade.

I'll give it a shot, but I don't know as much about all the teams as I do about Franklin.

1. Franklin (got to its my team)

2. Brentwood (got Crawford as the leader)

3. Hillsboro (fun to watch, should still be good)

4. Ravenwood (new coach???)

5. Indy (???)

6. Centennial (Where they belong)

This district will be so much fun to watch /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'll give it a shot, but I don't know as much about all the teams as I do about Franklin.

1. Franklin (got to its my team)

2. Brentwood (got Crawford as the leader)

3. Hillsboro (fun to watch, should still be good)

4. Ravenwood (new coach???)

5. Indy (???)

6. Centennial (Where they belong)

This district will be so much fun to watch /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I respect everyone's opinion, but at least two people chose Centennial to finish last by saying that's where they belong. Why do they belong in the cellar each year? I'm just curious. They had the lead over Brentwood 7-6 with roughly ten minutes to go in the ballgame in the 2nd round of the playoffs. How are they so bad? I realize they didn't win due to turnovers, but they gave the big boys a run for their money.

Please keep in mind that almost every team in this region will be down this year. (This must tickle the Rutherford County schools to death to continue their dominance.)

Franklin lost their o-line completely except one young man I've been told.

Centennial lost their QB and RB along with linemen.

Brentwood is losing some to graduation.

Ravenwood will take some time to rebuild.

Indy is going to be a mess I'm afraid. The principal may have something to do with this.

Hillsboro lost some key guys obviously. It will be interesting to see how they fair in 5A with these 6A schools.

I may be wrong, but I will be shocked if Centennial ends up in dead last (where they supposedly belong).

I respect everyone's opinion, but at least two people chose Centennial to finish last by saying that's where they belong. Why do they belong in the cellar each year? I'm just curious. They had the lead over Brentwood 7-6 with roughly ten minutes to go in the ballgame in the 2nd round of the playoffs. How are they so bad? I realize they didn't win due to turnovers, but they gave the big boys a run for their money.

Please keep in mind that almost every team in this region will be down this year. (This must tickle the Rutherford County schools to death to continue their dominance.)

Franklin lost their o-line completely except one young man I've been told.

Centennial lost their QB and RB along with linemen.

Brentwood is losing some to graduation.

Ravenwood will take some time to rebuild.

Indy is going to be a mess I'm afraid. The principal may have something to do with this.

Hillsboro lost some key guys obviously. It will be interesting to see how they fair in 5A with these 6A schools.

I may be wrong, but I will be shocked if Centennial ends up in dead last (where they supposedly belong).

Hmm, why is chs always in the cellar? Where to start; last year was your first year in the playoff since 2003, 8-4 was chs's best season record (which was last year), chs has never beaten Franklin or Brentwood, and chs has never made it past the 2nd round in the playoffs. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Franklin: Returns both Keyo lee and Alex Ford/ Returned a good amount of lettermen on D

Brentwood: I sorta agree with your statement, but came 1st in MTSU passing tourny, bhs always rebuild fast.

Ravenwood: True, on the deffensive side of the ball. Loaded on offense.

Indy: Does mess mean this? Returning; 3rd year starting QB,four Starters on O-Line (two play d-line too), two Starters on D-Line (not the two who played o-line), S/WR/KR/K Ty Stannard (72 total takles last year/ led with 51 solo's), hiring a new great deff. cord, and adding a new offensive scheme that doesnt involve passing 99.9% of the time.

Hillsboro: Only statement i truely agree with.

Besides its not like Rutherford Co. schools dont have the same problem with starters graduating (Oakland), rebuilding (Riverdale), and new head coach (Blackman). The favorite to win that Rutherford Co. district is of course Smyrna. Ive been looking at the smyrna thread and they have a great balance of returning lettermen, plus a division 1 prospect, junior RB J. Bryson who started midway through his freshman year. LaVergne looks like a good surprise team from that county as well.

I think you are going to see Centennial overtake Franklin in the coming years due to rezoning. Many of the star athletes Franklin had in the last few years would have been at Centennial under the current zoning. Franklin has also lost some strong talent from Grassland who would be juniors and sophomores to Ensworth, BGA, and CPA i.e. Awahd, Genovese, Martin, and Thomson.

Indy: Does mess mean this? Returning; 3rd year starting QB,four Starters on O-Line (two play d-line too), two Starters on D-Line (not the two who played o-line), S/WR/KR/K Ty Stannard (72 total takles last year/ led with 51 solo's), hiring a new great deff. cord, and adding a new offensive scheme that doesnt involve passing 99.9% of the time.

YOU DON'T WANT YOUR STARTING SAFETY MAKING THAT MANY TACKLES. This shows how bad the guys are in front of him.

The QB is good. I'll give ya that. The rest of the players are indeed returning. That should be exciting to know to see how poorly they did last year. Guess what? The Detroit Lions are returning most of their guys as well. I'm sure the Motor City is thrilled. Sometimes returning players can be a bad thing.

As far as hiring a great defensive coordinator, you are insane! This guy was retired for a reason. The principal is hiring these nutz in order to sabotage the football program. Once they fall flat on their face Eubanks will be asked to leave.

Fans only see the "star" status. Eubanks, Kevin Dyson, Darryl Hammond, and the new D-cord all sound flashy together. If the season goes belly up, fans will say look at what all the principal gave Eubanks and they still didn't do anything. These coaches aren't as good as their names may make them seem.

I hope I am wrong. Good luck to Eubanks. He's one of the classy guys out there.