Spring Hill 2009

nrgrizzlies

Spring Hill has four scrimmages setup as they will host Franklin County at 6:30 p.m. Friday and White County on Aug. 11. The Raiders will travel to Glencliff on Aug. 4 and Trousdale County on Aug. 7.

just to add the Jamboree at Columbia 8/14 playing Lorretto.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are scheduled to host Frankin County next Friday, July 31. After that I believe they're scheduled to play at Trousdale County the next Friday. Not completely sure about that though. I believe they also play at Stratford at some point. I'd have to get all the details on every scrimmage with the exception of Franklin County next Friday.

Franklin County will be a very tough scrimmage. They are a VERY physical team. I know last year when Giles scrimmaged them it was a really tough game. Should be a good measuring stick for the up and coming raiders.

1's vs. 1's:

Spring Hill 44 / Franklin Co. 12

Subs vs. Subs:

Spring Hill 6 / Franklin Co. 6

Total: Spring Hill 50 / Franklin Co. 18

Still got some work to to do getting stronger, faster, sharper and better. :roflolk:

PS: #2 for Franklin Co. is a real athlete. Not sure he runs a 4.4 as reported on another thread, but he is fast and athletic. Contained him pretty well except for a couple of plays.

Doesnt FC have a tailback that runs a 4.4 that tons of d-1 schools are looking at?

I always get a chuckle :D when I see these High School times.

If he truly runs a 4.4 then, he'd be the fastest QB, the fastest RB, and in the top 5 WRs at the NFL combine.

I'm sure he's fast.............but really :hungry:

nfl.com/combine/top performers

The big difference is that times you see for combines are fully automatic times (FAT). That is the reason they are listed in hundredths of a second. The majority of the times you see on a high school kid (especially those done by their coaches or their daddies :o ) are from hand held stop watches. In a track meet, those times would be rounded up to the next 10th and then .24 seconds would be added to make them match up with FAT times. The difference is the FAT times are exact and the stopwatch times seem faster because of the time it takes the human eye to react to the start and stop. If a kid is timed at a 4.4 by his coach, at a combine, his time would problably be somewhere between 4.6 and 4.7. That is why you have so many kids (and their parents) who think they are faster than NFL stars.

66in74: Our first group was only on the field six drives and Martin was only on the field part of those six drives. I believe #21 (our 3rd TB) was in the game most of the time with ones and twos. Our second string TB was injured. Our second group was on the field throughout much of the game. Our second team did not score any points. Our freshman scored twice against a mix of sophomores and freshman and got into the red zone but failed to convert one time as I recall. They were in for three series on offense. No one on our side kept score because it was just a scrimmage but there is no doubt SH was the better team on Friday.

We have a lot of work to do but we have five weeks before we play a district game! How did Columbia look in their scrimmage? I think they will be the most athletic team in district 8-AAA.

Good luck to the Raiders as the compete in 09.

P.S. Martin was clocked at the US Army Combine in San Antonio and several other combines using an electronic device. He is the fastest young man I have coached with the exception of T.J. Graham (NCState).

66in74: Our first group was only on the field six drives and Martin was only on the field part of those six drives. I believe #21 (our 3rd TB) was in the game most of the time with ones and twos. Our second string TB was injured. Our second group was on the field throughout much of the game. Our second team did not score any points. Our freshman scored twice against a mix of sophomores and freshman and got into the red zone but failed to convert one time as I recall. They were in for three series on offense. No one on our side kept score because it was just a scrimmage but there is no doubt SH was the better team on Friday.

We have a lot of work to do but we have five weeks before we play a district game! How did Columbia look in their scrimmage? I think they will be the most athletic team in district 8-AAA.

Good luck to the Raiders as the compete in 09.

P.S. Martin was clocked at the US Army Combine in San Antonio and several other combines using an electronic device. He is the fastest young man I have coached with the exception of T.J. Graham (NCState).

Spring Hill's 1st offense was on the field 7 times vs. FC's 1's and scored on 6 of them.

SH used 5 different Tailbacks on the 1st team. Missing a FB and their starting TE as well.

If SH's #1 defense only allowed one score as you say; that's a HUGE improvement on that side of the ball vs. last year.

SH's 2nd, third, and 4th teams were on the field much of the game as well.

How do you measure how well you did if you don't keep some kind of score? Whether it be TDs scored or allowed. I can tell you some of your fans were certainly keeping up with scores. :wub:

Martin #2 is the real deal. Hope he stays healthy all year and has a great season. That kid can run.

Good Luck to the Rebels this year as well. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
How did Columbia do in their scrimmage game?

?? There's a thread in the Class AAA forum, but no one has responded.

I'm curious as well. :D

How is the field at SH coming along? I know the last time I seen it you were working on it. I heard the MP game will be played at the Maury County Park so will it be ready for the next home game?

How did Columbia do in their scrimmage game?

?? There's a thread in the Class AAA forum, but no one has responded.

I'm curious as well. :D

How is the field at SH coming along? I know the last time I seen it you were working on it. I heard the MP game will be played at the Maury County Park so will it be ready for the next home game?

Well.........it's coming along. It was completely disced, then tilled, then power raked, then graded and sprigged with the new Patriot Bermuda.

My guess is they will play the first home again against MTP at Maury Co Park.

Principal will make that decision on or before this Friday.

It should be ready by 9/11, no problem, for the next home game.