Top 10 up-coming sophmore football players for east TN

westrebel2012

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a few not mentioned.

Chase Cline - Heritage- Starting in the backfield this year.Good speed and hard to tackle.

Justin Newman - Heritage- Starting at wideout.

Luke Eldridge - Heritage - Starting center

Zach Chapman - Alcoa - very strong fullback.

Dalton Curtis - Maryville - Good speed and great hands at the wideout position

Luke and Chase played some varsity last year as Freshmen and have turned in two real strong games to start the year. Justin has turned out to be an outstanding young reciever with great hands and good speed. He will be one to watch.

Hard to tell who is going to be a "top 10" player as a sophomore so early in the season. Maybe better to ask after about week 8 or 9 who are the best sophmores once we've been able to see them play some. But, hey, it's fun to speculate. :D I know CAK has 3 pretty good sophomores starting, one defensive lineman, 1 FB, and 1 OLB. All 3 have played well in the first 2 games and I could easily see one or more of them being a "top 10" quality player by seasons end.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay this is really hard for me to admit..... Im a Clinton fan.. But Oak Ridge's QB (not sure of his name) is going to be special.... Do i think Oak Ridge has the team to help him out this year.. No.. but watch out.. this kid gave maryville all they could handle

The OR kid is pretty good for a sophomore, but he is no where near as good as Austin-East's sophomore QB, DJ Oggs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maryville has a great sophomore class. One of their best classes ever. Several of these kids are starting and excelling.

RB/LB Jacob West 6' 190 lbs A very good RB and LB.

C Joseph Watson 5'10 190 lbs Not very big but strong. 300lbs bench

OL Braden Phillips 5'11 200 lbs Not very big but tough as nails.

QB/WR/DB Patton Robinette 6'4 185 lbs He will be Maryville's starting Quarterback next season. He could be a great WR or DB.

OL Brandon Guy 6'2 275 lbs. This young man has D1 written all over him.

LB Nathan Miranda 6' 200 lbs This guy is getting better and better each ballgame.

DB Dalton Curtis 5'11 160 lbs This young man has done a great job this year.

• 4 weeks later...