Blue Weather

SBManiac

Unicoi Co. will be just fine. I watched them scrimmage two games the other night and they looked outstanding, even without Woods in the circle. I know they must replace Gardner in the outfield, Hensley behind the plate, and I believe Treadway at shortstop. Granted, they will lose a little at all three of those positions, but have plenty of talent lining up to fill in. They may have lost a couple of other starters off their state championship team as well. I have a feeling that the problems being referred to on this thread revolve around coaching decisions on who the new starters are going to be. I saw at least two outstanding freshmen the other night that will be competing for starting spots. I do not know all the dynamics, but this smells like a situation in which younger players may beat out older players who have "put in their time" and feel they are entitled to something. They may have some players quit, but the program is still loaded. I am sure Coach Lingerfelt knows what he is doing and will put the best nine on the field. When you have Woods pitching, you will win 90% of your games no matter who is lined up behind her. Get over the drama, support the coach and "TEAM", and see if you can win another state title. All this speculation and drama will only bring you down. That is not easy for me to say, as I am not a Unicoi Co. fan, but a fan of your biggest rival.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again Elizabeth Raby, first baseman get forgotten. She graduated as well and will also be very tough to replace. She had several hits that scored the first runs which then in return got every thing else going. At state she hit .400, leading the team. And let's not forget what she has done at first base. However, she will always be the underdog, the forgoten one.

And as for what some people are referring to, I think its the new head coach they have....not on paper but in the dugout...

Seems like head coach Grady Lingerfelt has passed his calls to asst coach Bob Presser and when coaches have daughters on the team....well we all know how that turns out.

But then again the season is extremely young and there is no telling how things will turn out once March rolls around....that is if there are even none girls left on the team by that time.

Kmaster's previous posts:

lets not forget - uc jv team posted a 16/0 record this past season. with 5 freshman and 4 sophmore. put that with a good group of freshman girls coming up next season,i"d say coach-g has to be filling real good about next season :

your post is right on my friend,go lady blue

Middle TN? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Is it True, That the Unicoi County School Board has Congratulated the Lady Devils, By not allowing them go to the Azeala Classic anymore in Summerville S.C.? They have participated ever sense I can remember, What a lose in S.C. of Good Talent, Well miss you if it's true. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Once again Elizabeth Raby, first baseman get forgotten. She graduated as well and will also be very tough to replace. She had several hits that scored the first runs which then in return got every thing else going. At state she hit .400, leading the team. And let's not forget what she has done at first base. However, she will always be the underdog, the forgoten one.

And as for what some people are referring to, I think its the new head coach they have....not on paper but in the dugout...

Seems like head coach Grady Lingerfelt has passed his calls to asst coach Bob Presser and when coaches have daughters on the team....well we all know how that turns out.

But then again the season is extremely young and there is no telling how things will turn out once March rolls around....that is if there are even none girls left on the team by that time.

I meant no slight to Ms. Raby or any other graduated starter I did not mention. I actually only saw Unicoi Co. play one game against Elizabethton last year and that was it. They were all good players. I just know that as a former coach it is hard to replace the defense you lose when you graduate a shortstop, centerfielder, and catcher the caliber of Treadway, Gardner, and Hensley. Those three positions are the heart of any defense.

And first base is not??

Don't get me wrong I understand the importance of shortstop, for I played there in high school. But ask any former or current player how important it is to throw to someone you trust, someone that you can almost promise will be there and make the catch even when your throw is off the mark.

I understand what you are saying but I'm just sick of the kid getting shafted. She never gets the credit she deserves and she probably has the most heart I've ever seen. This kid never gets tried of playi no matter how many games she has played.

I just want her to know that there are people out there that acknowledge her presence on and off the field as well as her accomplishments.

Elizabeth, if you are reading this, I wish you the best of luck in college ball and studies. You have and will do great things!

We will miss you!

Oh and no they will not be traveling to Summerville this year for the first time since....well a really long time.

School board decided they were missig to much school, even though most all of the girls are scholar athletes. Most all have an A or B average but no one has below a C average....

Oh and no they will not be traveling to Summerville this year for the first time since....well a really long time.

School board decided they were missig to much school, even though most all of the girls are scholar athletes. Most all have an A or B average but no one has below a C average....

Can't wait till Coach Baxter with the Boy's handle this News! Thank You!

This is really a shame, maybe the Town can vote out the PROBLEMS!

• 4 months later...

Word down this way is that the team is rebuilding but using the wrong materials. Weak foundations lead to failure.

your only as strong as your weakest link,and if you put a inexperience player in a crucial spot,well that is a unmistakable sign of weakness........

...like putting a coaches freshman daugther at shortstop over an expirenced senior?