Cannon County Vs. Spring Hill, August 21st 2009.

Bees3268

We will know more after both teams have preseason games. Spring Hill is 4A so just guessing they will have more players and be slightly more athletic, but I really know very little about them. It will be Cannon's first game under a new coach and a new system so there will be several mistakes understandably because its the first game. As for the attendence I hope it is good, I know that fans will be curious to see if Coach Schrenk has more success here at CCHS than he had Clarksville Northwest. I know I will be there for sure. I will be interested to see how quickly players have picked up the spread and how many players actually dress out and how they respond to thew new coach. I hope there is good attendence and a victory for Canno, but it is way to early for me to make a prediction

We will know more after both teams have preseason games. Spring Hill is 4A so just guessing they will have more players and be slightly more athletic, but I really know very little about them. It will be Cannon's first game under a new coach and a new system so there will be several mistakes understandably because its the first game. As for the attendence I hope it is good, I know that fans will be curious to see if Coach Schrenk has more success here at CCHS than he had Clarksville Northwest. I know I will be there for sure. I will be interested to see how quickly players have picked up the spread and how many players actually dress out and how they respond to thew new coach. I hope there is good attendence and a victory for Canno, but it is way to early for me to make a prediction

Well wildcat, tonight was the last summer workout. Monday the boys start in full pads and the friday the 31st there will be a scrimage at cannon county against Lancaster Christian Academy. All that needs to be said, is that things are shaping up great with Coach Shrenk, hope to speak with you after the game.

They did scrimmage each other pre season last year. Can't remember the outcome, but if I remember correctly, pretty evenly matched. They had a very large number of players compared to Cannon. Anxious for season to start! GO LIONS!

You are correct rules, Cannon help there own against the, they have about 60-70 on there roster compared to about 35.

Well wildcat, tonight was the last summer workout. Monday the boys start in full pads and the friday the 31st there will be a scrimage at cannon county against Lancaster Christian Academy. All that needs to be said, is that things are shaping up great with Coach Shrenk, hope to speak with you after the game.

Yeah just catch me after the game. Any other pre-season competition besides Lancaster Christian? Bees what type of spread does coach Schrenk use? is it a Dekalb Co. style or more of a run-oriented spread?

Yeah just catch me after the game. Any other pre-season competition besides Lancaster Christian? Bees what type of spread does coach Schrenk use? is it a Dekalb Co. style or more of a run-oriented spread?

I'll make sure to do that, but yes there are 4 before the first game, i'll get back to you on the teams. But it's like dekalbs offense, we throw the heck out of the ball, but doesnt mean we wont run.

I like that type of spread and if it works it should light up the scoreboards. I would love to see Coach Schrenk and staff follow the model of Thomas MacDaniel at Oakland or even what Lane Kiffin has done at Tennessee. Both coaches are absoubltly sold out to changing there program and they are so enthusiastic about there teams. In MacDaniel's first season Oakland went from 40 to over 100 platers because MacDaniel changed the culture of that program and his excitement was contagious and thats what players want to be apart of and what fans want to support. Cannon won't have 100 players but when coach Barger left there were close to 70 and he was such an enthusiastic exciting coach and thats how he created such an interest in the team and how he got so many players. If the coaching staff would follow those models of enthuiasm and excitement and let it be seen by everyone, the players, fans, and student in the hall ways then I promise the numbers would increase becasuse people want to play for enthuiastic and exiting coaches.

Gppd Luck to the Lions but they better develop a solid running game to be successful. Dekalbs spread is successful because of the QB and some really talented Wrs. What type of athletes does Cannon have this year? They need to find ways to control the clock and game, especially with low numbers. Kids playing both ways and special teams. It doesnt matter how conditioned you are, that will wear on players. It is a tough schedule but they may surprise a few teams.

Its goin to be tough for cannon to run the same type of spread as dekalb. They have some special kids up there. And can really run that offense very well. Ther important thing for our kids, is not to try and be like Dekalb. Do what we got to do to get things done. Every team is different, you cant go out on the field tryin to be like Dekalb. Its not going to work. But as for the Spring Hill game, I am very excited about it. Ill definitely be there. Cant wait for the kick off. GO LIONS!!