White House vs. Portland- 32 days and countin

HeAdKnOcKa

DUDE, STOP SMOKING CRACK. PORTLAND HAS BEEN TERRIBLE FOR THE LAST 5-6 YEARS IN JUST ABOUT EVERY SPORT. THEY GOT DRILLED LAST WEEK AND IM SURE THEY WILL GET DRILLED AGAIN. WAKE UP.

Thank you for pointing out that just about all of PHS athletics has gotten bad. That's what I was telling one of the Portland faithful just the other day but they refuse to face facts. It's such a football town they have forgotten the rest of their teams and nobody cares that they stink too. The basketball team only won about 7 games this past year while the baseball team only won 3 and has gone 0'fer in their district the last TWO years. And now they're moving up in district - way out of their league. It will be a joke.

The fact of the matter is the football team really has been falling off for several years. The last time they did anything impressive was in 2001 when they went like 12-1. They managed to barely make the playoffs while still in 3A because there were so many crappy schools in their region. The first year they went to 4A, they came in 4th in the region only to get KILLED by Hillsboro in Round 1. Hence the exodus of Roger Perry. He knew they couldn't compete so he left because he wasn't about to stay around and lose. I feel sorry for the new coaching staff. I honestly don't think they knew what they were signing up for. They were somehow disillusioned by Portland's former glory, the facilities, and the old fogies in town who still think the Panthers can beat teams like Gallatin. :hungry:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HILLSBORO HAS BEEN BEATING TEAMS BAD FOR YEARS. THE TRUTH IS THAT I DO PULL FOR PORTLAND WHEN THEY DONT PLAY WHITE HOUSE. BUT THEY HAVE BEEN VERY BAD FOR YEARS . WHEN PERRY LEFT THEY REALLY WENT DOWN HILL. GOOD COACHES CAN GET THE JOB DONE THOUGH. MAYBE THESE COACHES THEY HAVE NOW CAN GET SOMETHING STARTED. SOMETIMES IT TAKES A WHILE. WHITE HOUSE HAS TRADITION , GOOD COACHES AND GOOD ATHLETES. I SEE AN 8-2 REGULAR SEASON AND 1 OR 2 WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS. OF COURSE I HOPE THEY WIN ALL OF THEM AND YOU NEVER KNOW . WHITE HOUSE DOES HAVE SEVERAL GOOD SKILL PLAYERS.

One important factor that some of you seem to be overlooking is that White House lost a BUNCH of outstanding players that were on last year's semifinals playoff team. They seem to be pretty young this year. Portland, on the other hand, has SEVERAL returning starters on both sides of the ball including Aarondoll, Woods, Bosteck, Olligood, Kiser, Homes, Link, Blankinship, and McEwen, just to name a few. Also, we have a larger senior class than we've have had in several years. I think there's about 20 in the senior class. I believe experience will win out in this game. GO BIG P!!! :thumb:

One important factor that some of you seem to be overlooking is that White House lost a BUNCH of outstanding players that were on last year's semifinals playoff team. They seem to be pretty young this year. Portland, on the other hand, has SEVERAL returning starters on both sides of the ball including Aarondoll, Woods, Bosteck, Olligood, Kiser, Homes, Link, Blankinship, and McEwen, just to name a few. Also, we have a larger senior class than we've have had in several years. I think there's about 20 in the senior class. I believe experience will win out in this game. GO BIG P!!! :roflol:

Finally! Portland has been using the "inexperience" excuse for the past 3 years! At some point you have experience. I guess this is the year. So what you're saying is that IF Portland loses to White House, "inexperience" will not be blamed - like in last week's game. See link. :roflol:

http://www.portlandleader.net/articles/ ... 387083.txt

One important factor that some of you seem to be overlooking is that White House lost a BUNCH of outstanding players that were on last year's semifinals playoff team. They seem to be pretty young this year. Portland, on the other hand, has SEVERAL returning starters on both sides of the ball including Aarondoll, Woods, Bosteck, Olligood, Kiser, Homes, Link, Blankinship, and McEwen, just to name a few. Also, we have a larger senior class than we've have had in several years. I think there's about 20 in the senior class. I believe experience will win out in this game. GO BIG P!!! :blush:

Finally! Portland has been using the "inexperience" excuse for the past 3 years! At some point you have experience. I guess this is the year. So what you're saying is that IF Portland loses to White House, "inexperience" will not be blamed - like in last week's game. See link. :roflol:

http://www.portlandleader.net/articles/ ... 387083.txt

:roflol: HEY IF YALL GET A CHANCE VENTURE OVER TO THE 5A BOARD AND LOOK FOR THE W.H PORTLAND THREAD THAT SAYS BIGGEST RIVALRY IN THE STATE,I THINK YALL WILL FIND IT PRETTY INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST. :roflol:

I have been watching Portland football since my nephew was a freshman on the 2000 state championship team. The year we won state we had around 15 to 20 seniors. Just like this year. As best as I can remember the players from those years were not very big and are very comparable to the players they have now. (Big tackles and little guards), and by attending the last couple of lift-a-thons, they seam about as strong as the panthers of old. We also have a bigger population in the school. Playing in 5A instead of 3A. So what gives? Why cant our boys’ win? People said it was the wing-t and we go to the spread and we still are not winning. Is it coaching? Like someone said in an earlier post, Portland got beat by Hillsboro in 05’ by like 40 points. Coach Perry was here. And now we got beat by a less talented KY team. Some say it comes and goes in cycles (what about WHHS, Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville when are they going to be 1-9, 2-8, or 0-10?) Just frustrated will everyone doubting the Panthers. All I would really like to see tomorrow night is for the panthers to compete (something we were not even close to doing last week). Panthers go out tomorrow night like you have something to prove to the rest of the Sumner county district. PHS 7 WHHS 0

dapanfer,

Are you even from Portland? You are either an ex coach that's been here the last few years, or another teams fan who is trying to get bulletin board material. You mispelled almost every kids name in your last post. Get a program or a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach Gunright you need to stop worrying about who is posting what and get your boys ready to play. make sure the kids know what they are doing so that you don’t get embarrassed again.