ASA/USA 14U Championship

The Chattanooga Force had a good run in the losers bracket and finished late Friday night. They were much sharper than in last week's NSA in Chattanooga. Rain forced some delay but everything was to have gotten back on track Saturday morning.

Pool play earlier in the week, beat Minors Gold from California 9-2, then lost to 5-1 to Strikers from California, a good team that won a couple in the winners bracket before losing and going into the losers bracket.

Bracket play, made it tough on themselves immediately by losing 2-1 to Washington Sidewinders, in part due to a shaky call by an ump. As in any one-run game there were other chances to make up for it. They rebounded to win three straight in the losers' bracket, starting with 4-0 shutouts over Oklahoma Groove and one of the Atlanta Viper teams. They won 1-0 over Birmingham T-Bolts in the last inning when the leadoff bunted her way on, stole second then scored. Final game was a 4-1 loss to Southern California Choppers, it was close until the seventh.

The Force and the Knoxville Lady Aces were the final Tennessee teams left, each losing in the same round late Friday night and finishing in the top 36 or so out of around 125 teams.

6 of the 9 teams left in the winners bracket as of Saturday morning were from California, 2 from Georgia, 1 from Ohio.

Players on the Force will be 9th or 10th graders at Chattanooga/area schools Walker Valley, Chattanooga Christian, Sequatchie, Chattanooga Central and west Tennessee's Camden, a couple I'm not positive if they'll be attending East Hamilton or Ooltewah. Pitchers will be 10th graders at Central and CCS, 9th grader at Walker Valley.