D-B vs. Halls scrimmage...Let hear it!!!

QB is ok . He got his bell rang bad. We took him out as a precaution. If it were a regular season game he would have probably came back next series. As far as the running game. Our line is going to have to get more eggresive. To many red shirts in the backfield. Chris looked good but did'nt have much help. Defense was playing on their heels and lacked enthusiasm. Backup runningback James Brown looked awesome. Gotta get him in the game. Maybe returning kicks or backing up Chris. He is very fast. And the coaches have let us down again. Only two passes to Steele? These coaches are never going to learn. And i'm tired of saying it! I know it's early, but i expect more from our staff. Maybe this week we can iron out the line problems. We are very big up front but are not getting off the ball well. Hope that the rest of the line gets the fire that our center has and we will be fine. Roll Tribe. James Brown scored on a long TD run on their 3rd string, but i think he would have done the same against the #1 defense. Wow has he got quicks.

I think your 100% correct about the offensive line. They have to be explosive off that line and they were not tonight. I Think They have the size and the talent they just need to learn to get the jump. Defense is gonna have to penetrate the line and quit leaving the qb in the pocket so long! I am worried about the defense. We make some good tackles but by the time we get to them they have already gaines 10-15. We can not allow them to move the chain like this. I will have to say this, Rusty Clark had some good tackles tonite.

Another Issue, with this young bunch all they are use to at this point is playing each other. They know were they are going and what they are doing so they look really good in practice. Tonight they had no idea . They had to defend/protect the unknown. Like I said before, only a hand full have any varsity experience at all. This scrimmage will help them and they need several more before week 0.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A scrimmage is just practice as I said before.We lost our starting QB right out of the gate,but did still move the ball with Seabolt{ who probably doubled his work at QB so far} in that scrimmage.Number 10 had gotton most of the backup reps over the last couple of weeks and did make some nice plays as well .Yes we have work to do on offense,but the Colts wouldn't be as smooth if Peyton went down either.On defense, our big nose guard was out and that has to effect everything up front.I thought after that first drive our defense settled down a lot except for the bomb down the sideline after two or three good stops. I don't care if we had last years team with everyone healthy,Farragut would be a mountain to climb.We have many games that would push a lot of good teams this year as well.The coaches are working this young team and whatever happens,I plan on being at every game and pulling for Clark and his Team,our Kingsport boys.Roll Tribe

I thought it was a good scrimmage for both teams.I hate David didn't get more reps because it was a great chance to practice against a very good team.Coach doesn't get these guys to scrimmage because they are walk overs.I wish Halls a very good season and hope everybody got back to Knoxville safe.Now I have a question about who is taking the Dobyns Bennett team photos this year and what is the web sight ? We allways had some great photos to look at on photos4time,but I heard he gave it up,is that correct ?

Allen Greene has been taking DB's photos so far, I have heard that the Indians hired him to do all the games this season.

Here is his website

http://allengreene.zenfolio.com/

From the Halls perspective,

I was glad to see Halls able to throw it around some. The first drive for a TD was set up by a long pass and the second TD was a long pass. There were also a few short completions thrown in. I was not impressed with the Halls runing game. I am sure the DB defense had something to do with it, but our blocking will have to get better. Our defense looked pretty good. The first team didn't give up any points and created several turnovers. I am sure that the injury to the first team QB had something to do with that as well. The defense gave up too many first downs on 3rd and long and 4th and long situations and tackling was good at times and then not so good at others.

Overall, a good start but the team should see plenty to work on and not become satisfied.

I was glad to see the injured DB QB up passing on the sideline later in the night. I don't think either team had significant injuries. That is always a good thing.

From the Halls perspective,

I was glad to see Halls able to throw it around some. The first drive for a TD was set up by a long pass and the second TD was a long pass. There were also a few short completions thrown in. I was not impressed with the Halls runing game. I am sure the DB defense had something to do with it, but our blocking will have to get better. Our defense looked pretty good. The first team didn't give up any points and created several turnovers. I am sure that the injury to the first team QB had something to do with that as well. The defense gave up too many first downs on 3rd and long and 4th and long situations and tackling was good at times and then not so good at others.

Overall, a good start but the team should see plenty to work on and not become satisfied.

I was glad to see the injured DB QB up passing on the sideline later in the night. I don't think either team had significant injuries. That is always a good thing.

I thought Halls was a very hard hitting team.Those linebackers and defensive backs could make a young man start looking for them,they were tough.It's great to get those different looks from another team and you guys have some good football players.I look forward to seeing this scrimmage for years to come.

Maybe this week we will see a different DB offense. We did'nt get to see the offense at it's best without our #1 QB. Having Roop back will make a huge difference. Neither of the backups are even close to being ready to start.

I'm pulling for Roop to have a great year and we need him in these scrimmages to see what we can and cannot do. Seabolt had been working mainly at wide out and defensive back,but he reminds me of a young Jamie.I don't know if he has the arm strenth Jamie had but he is a very good athlete.When coach Clark watches the Halls film{I bet he has seen it five times allready} with his staff,they will know what our line and skill players need work on and what we just can't do very well.Coach Watson will put or guys in the right spot 99% of the time.Yes,we will get a screen or two on us like William Blount a couple of years ago,but he is as good as they come.I hope everybody has a good week of practice and I look forward to Knox Central next friday.Roll Tribe

Offensive line looked slow and weak. I don't know how you fix slow and weak. :)

I agree they did look slow and week but thay are not. Corey Hall runs a 4.8 40 and Patrick Hansen is slower but packs a mean punch. I agree with your opinion of the scrimmage but I also know some of the underlinning fact. They just did not perform and neither did the defense!!!

Offensive line looked slow and weak. I don't know how you fix slow and weak. :)

I agree they did look slow and week but thay are not. Corey Hall runs a 4.8 40 and Patrick Hansen is slower but packs a mean punch. I agree with your opinion of the scrimmage but I also know some of the underlinning fact. They just did not perform and neither did the defense!!!

Patrick is just :) on the field,and that along with his work effort makes him a great lineman.Corey has got gifted speed for a young man his size.Cody is a hard worker and I know he has strenth.Hayworth is huge and strong and only in the 10th grade.I don't know much about the left tackle,so I'll just say the coaches must feel he is the best we have for that spot.We need work all over the place,and I know the coaches are ready to get back to work.