Knox Central @ Dobyns Bennett Scrimmage

BatmanDB

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage will start at 6pm, and Central is really young but pretty talented and a somewhat banged up right now. But they are looking a little bit better than last year and we will see how they fair friday and it will be a good test.

We have a lot of guys getting their first real playing time as well.I hope as the year goes by that with every week,our team will mature and grow stronger together.Those players we have that were on the field last year have to be leaders and not walk around on the practice field, :wub: as I did see one or two doing last week.I don't hear much of what our coaches say during practice,but that and talking back are two things I know a coach can't stand.For a young man to get on the field for Dobyns Bennett is a gift and I don't care what the outlook is.I hope the fire Patrick brings :ph34r: on our offensive line can spread throughout the team.I look forward to seeing the scrimmage and you guys have a safe trip up here.

The scrimmage will start at 6pm, and Central is really young but pretty talented and a somewhat banged up right now. But they are looking a little bit better than last year and we will see how they fair friday and it will be a good test.

We have a lot of guys getting their first real playing time as well.I hope as the year goes by that with every week,our team will mature and grow stronger together.Those players we have that were on the field last year have to be leaders and not walk around on the practice field, :) as I did see one or two doing last week.I don't hear much of what our coaches say during practice,but that and talking back are two things I know a coach can't stand.For a young man to get on the field for Dobyns Bennett is a gift and I don't care what the outlook is.I hope the fire Patrick brings :) on our offensive line can spread throughout the team.I look forward to seeing the scrimmage and you guys have a safe trip up here.

We just fell apart last weeK so I hope we will be able to get it together some this scrimmage!! Looking forward to it!

With David out and Mat not getting to play,you could expect us to have a few problems in that scrimmage.I was saying that one or two of our players need to step on up and let the underclassmen see them working in the regular practices.I don't care if we run up against a better team ,we should never be outworked.Nobody is to good to sit, and that's why you will see players like Chris giving a fine effort to make this team better.

Who are the some of the players to look for on these 2 teams?

Who are the some of the players to look for on these 2 teams?

In my opinion,the key to our season on offense is our QB,Number 4 David Roop.With a good threat in the passing game,it will open up our running game that has one of the very best backs in upper east Tennessee ,number 32 Chris.I said it after the spring game,we have a young man with wheels in number 1 Brown.He is the top backup at running back and I would love to see him stretch the field at different places,or even have him and Chris in the backfield together when we don't have a fullback in the game.We have a number of good skill athletes on offense.I would say that the best hands may be number 14 Rusty,he just finds the open spots in the defenses.Number 5 Seabolt is a good athlete and will probably see more reps at backing up Roop,when he is not at wide out or defensive back.Number 3 Derrick is pure speed and we have to get him the ball.Number 47 Jason has real good hands at fullback,and I know there are many more.The key is David having the time and hitting the good guys.On defense,I hope you can just pick your number and they are one of 11 making a play.

How goes the Offensive line so goes the Tribe. It doesn't matter how good Roop and Sensabaugh are, if the line don't pick it up (a bunch) then their going to look average at best. A good offensive line can make a average back look very good. Its all about opening holes and down field blocking.

How goes the Offensive line so goes the Tribe. It doesn't matter how good Roop and Sensabaugh are, if the line don't pick it up (a bunch) then their going to look average at best. A good offensive line can make a average back look very good. Its all about opening holes and down field blocking.

It allways starts with the big boys.It's early and there is a lot of learning to be done by the whole team at this point.I caught a little bit of practice,and they were working hard.The coaches are trying to light a fire at every position right now.Roll Tribe

Your 100 % correct Waco!! We have the talent for sure they just have to utilize it.