Predictions on District 12 A-AA

WayneSoccer

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. this whole re-district thing will take a year to figure out. Page is in 11 and spring hill is in 12 that makes TSSAA since. Spring hill is only what 10 miles from page but how far from Wayne county? But that is a whole nother thread! Lets don't save fuel or keep these kids off the highways. :)

1 Giles

2 Spring Hill

3 CA

I don't understand the reason Spring Hill was moved to District 12 either. It looks like district 11 now has 12 teams and district 12 has 18 teams according to their website - plus Spring Hill generally either wins the district or is runner-up. Anyway, it should be a 3 way battle in district 12 between Spring Hill, CA and Giles County. Spring Hill will be tough with Crystal Mac returning and at least 4-5 girls with travel experience. Columbia Academy's biggest loss was their goalie graduating, but they still have 5 strong players returning who all play for Div I travel teams. If they can bring their freshmen and new players along they have a good shot also. They were put out last year in sectionals by CPA in OT. Giles County had a tremedous year last year - came in 2nd in District and beat CA 1-0 to win the region, then gave powerhouse FRA a decent match. I don't know who Giles lost to graduation, but I know their main scorer, Natasha Reynolds is a Junior and should be ready for a big year. Last year they played tough defense and relied on her to score. My prediction for this season from what I saw last season:

1. CA

2. Spring Hill

3. Giles County

keep in mind one thing CA at this moment has NO goalie, Courtney Barker who would be a senior and a very good keeper moved to Mo. and so far as far as I know their freshman keeper is playing travel softball and has not commited to even play soccer. I hope the team can talk her into playing they need her and she is a great goalie or what ever position she wants to play!

• 2 weeks later...
Good Luck Courtney! CA is already missing you this season!

Sorry about the wrong state. CA is missing you, but let me tell you the goalie last night played very well I thought. I know she allowed 4 goals but she stopped alot more. And she will only get better as the year goes. good luck CA and keeper if you are reading this keep your head up and keep learning you have until Oct.