Smith Co.-Macon Co.

fanman

Posted by Time2Play:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by fanman:

Did I hear this right?? Macon Co. fans were chanting "Smith Co." in the fourth quarter of your last game? Well...you will get your wish. Here we come.

Fan(who also heard a Macon fan on the radio who said Macon will compete with Trousdale..Portland..and Smith this year. Twan..whats your thoughts on this?)

I think Macon and their fans are in for a good dose of reality. They should know better than to taunt a team they haven't beaten in how long? I think they have given us a reason to get up for this game. It may have been difficult to do that. Thank you Macon fans. :) Oh wait, they did beat us in our jamboree last year. You have to give it to them for fan support. You would have thought they won the super bowl. :)

Antwan, just to let you know, No-one was chanting Smith County at the game Friday night. As for competing with Smith County, Trousdale and Portland, that does not mean a prediction of victort, that just means having the ability to make it a good game. Also it was 2 years ago win the Tigers and owls met in the Jamboree and considering how the previous 10 years had went for the Tigers I can understand their excitement for beating as good of a program as Smith County. Not trying to ruffle any feathers with this post, just trying to inform. :)

I don't know, because I was not there. That is the word going around here. If you didn't, it doesn't matter, because people here are going to think you did. The game will be played on the field, not in the stands or on this website. I, for one, and glad to see Macon County be successful this year. I have great respect for your coaching staff and your school. I do expect an all out war Friday with everything left on the field. What an atmosphere for high school football. As for the 1st part of this post, I was just reacting to the "alleged chant".

:x

[Edited by Antwan on 9-16-02 5:42P]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twan cant spell either. As for the game...I love to go to Macon Co. Its close and they have a nice stadium. Believe it or not Smith Co. is breaking down and redoing their visitors side. I am sure that will be a relief for all of those we have had to sit on that side in the past. But this year Smith Co. has the superior team. I disagree with it will come down to the kicking game. The difference here is the backfield for Smith Co. Macon has no answer for Shawn Ward...Josh Hackett and the "Stun Gun" Elston Gibbs. They are tough to contain. And if Josh Gibbs keeps playing like he did at Oliver Spings...look out. He was a man on a mission. I believe he had around 15 tackles...4 sacks..1 fumble caused...1 recovery of a fumble..and a interception. He be a bad dude. The only thing that can even up a game like this is...as Johnny Majors use to say..."The Great Equalizer". TURNOVERS!!!! Good luck to both teams and I am looking forward to the game.

Fan

Well..looks like Twan spotted the word he mispelled... :D Darn. :)

[Edited by fanman on 9-16-02 6:35P]

If Macon can muster up a victory Friday night against Smith County, they should be in great shape for the playoffs. I believe that if they can beat SC, they should be able to top Trousdale also. Portland won't be much of a problem. They have went downhill this year in my opinion. I agree that this game isn't going to be won over words, it's going to be an all out gut-wrenching, back-busting war between two good football programs. Good luck Macon but may the best team win. Don't let the referees cheat one team or the other.

Portland won't be much of a problem...thanks for the bulletin board material buddy...speaking of "When was the last time"...when was the last time Macon beat Portland. Yes, Portland is young, yes Macon is vastly improved, but "they won't be much of a problem", may be a little too confident a little too early. I'd put full concentration on Smith County for now...they'll be ready to play I assure you. :)

To all the Macon Co. fans talking down Portland and Trousdale Co., You must play your way into the elite of 4-3A. You may be undefeated, but you have yet to beat a quality program. Westmoreland, East Robertson, and Livingston are second tier teams at best. Beat somebody and then talk about how Portland, Trousdale Co., and Smith Co. won't be any problem. I think Smith Co. may very well be the team to beat in the region this year and I would not dare say that Portland and Trousdale Co. won't be a problem. Win or lose the Panthers, Jackets, and Owls will give the upstart team from Lafayette ALL they want and probably MUCH, MUCH MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE. :)

Guest SCHSalumni58
Posted by Time2Play:
Posted by Antwan:
Posted by fanman:

Did I hear this right?? Macon Co. fans were chanting "Smith Co." in the fourth quarter of your last game? Well...you will get your wish. Here we come.

Fan(who also heard a Macon fan on the radio who said Macon will compete with Trousdale..Portland..and Smith this year. Twan..whats your thoughts on this?)

I think Macon and their fans are in for a good dose of reality. They should know better than to taunt a team they haven't beaten in how long? I think they have given us a reason to get up for this game. It may have been difficult to do that. Thank you Macon fans. :) Oh wait, they did beat us in our jamboree last year. You have to give it to them for fan support. You would have thought they won the super bowl. :D

Antwan, just to let you know, No-one was chanting Smith County at the game Friday night. As for competing with Smith County, Trousdale and Portland, that does not mean a prediction of victort, that just means having the ability to make it a good game. Also it was 2 years ago win the Tigers and owls met in the Jamboree and considering how the previous 10 years had went for the Tigers I can understand their excitement for beating as good of a program as Smith County. Not trying to ruffle any feathers with this post, just trying to inform. :D

I played in the jamboree 2 years ago, and I am sick of hearing how Macon County beat Smith County in a 2 quarter jamboree. If we would have played Macon for a full game we would have come out on top. Macon County had some good athletes that year like Randy Brawner, Nathan Wilson, and their running back Daniel Cook. But, personally I believe our team would have come out on top.

Guest SCHSalumni58

Personally i do not believe Macon County can handle SCHS's running game. Smith County has to many options with Ward, Hackett, and Gibbs running the ball. Macon may be able to stop one threat, but there is no way to shut down all three.

Posted by TNBballMan:

If Macon can muster up a victory Friday night against Smith County, they should be in great shape for the playoffs. I believe that if they can beat SC, they should be able to top Trousdale also. Portland won't be much of a problem. They have went downhill this year in my opinion. I agree that this game isn't going to be won over words, it's going to be an all out gut-wrenching, back-busting war between two good football programs. Good luck Macon but may the best team win. Don't let the referees cheat one team or the other.

WOW...what a bold statement. If you guys come within 3 touchdowns of any of the 3...chalk it up as a moral victory.

Fan

I have to quote Queen Bee!! "I apologize right now for anything I might say this week!"

I tried to keep quiet b/c of my love for the Macon Co. Head Coach and some of his coaching staff but I'm sure they won't hold my opinion against me.?. MCHS fans need to calm themselves about all the other teams in the region until it's your turn to play them. The Mighty OWLS comes up to Tiger Town in just a few days!!

I, personally, hope Macon Co. can win every game when they're not playing the OWLS. You Tiger fans have already gave these OWLS way too much motivation.......Everyone would be fortunate to get to see a good ball game Friday Night BUT it's NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Smith Co. 34 Macon Co. 7