Anderson Co. / McMinn Co. / William Blount Scrimmage

tpoole12

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billy B. traveled to AC last evening for a scrimmage, but I didn't get to see it. I understand that freshman scrimmaged on one end of the field and varsity on the other end. How did the teams look?

Hey Max

AC's QB picked WB's secondary apart. They have a great pair of receivers. AC should play well this year. The only problem I see for them was depth. They were playing many players both ways. You can do that short term but over the season fatigue and injuries will take a toll.

WB has changed from the spread to a double wing with two wide. I don't like that type of offense but I'm not the coach. If you use a three front and bring the outside linbacker on any motion off the wings you create alot of problems for that offense. Also it seems that you spend to long with the ball in the backfield.

Both defenses defended the run well. WB was minus some kids because of injuries but should be back to normal by week 0.

Good luck in the upcoming season...

tpoole12

Thanks for the info TP. I agree with the depth issue for AC, which has recently gotten even worse as we've had a couple of key injuries this week. Good luck to the Govs as well.

Injuries can be a killer this time of year.. We lost Darren Garner up at AC last year in a scrimmage.. See you on the threads............

tpoole12