Morristown West v. Maryville Predictions....

MWestTrojan

Guest thetruth11
Posted by GoodSpeed03:

close, exciting, nail-biting, AWESOME game

of course i'm going for my trojans, and i know that they will come to play as will maryville

Jon52, seems like you're all alone on this one

[Edited by GoodSpeed03 on 9-15-02 6:33P]

Jon52 is not all alone on this one Mr.Maryrebs want to be. Case in point, Did all ya'll West boys not read the Tribune today, I'm sure you read all the good stuff and let your over-rate egocentric egos get blown up but did you read the last part of the article on your D-fence? Page B-3 and I quote "Although the Trojans beat the Rebles last season many saw it as a FLUKE. Your own home town paper knows

THE TRUTH!

YAK-YAK-YAK, goodspeed03, YAK-YAK-YAK :o

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trojanball4
Posted by thetruth11:
Posted by GoodSpeed03:

close, exciting, nail-biting, AWESOME game

of course i'm going for my trojans, and i know that they will come to play as will maryville

Jon52, seems like you're all alone on this one

[Edited by GoodSpeed03 on 9-15-02 6:33P]

Jon52 is not all alone on this one Mr.Maryrebs want to be. Case in point, Did all ya'll West boys not read the Tribune today, I'm sure you read all the good stuff and let your over-rate egocentric egos get blown up but did you read the last part of the article on your D-fence? Page B-3 and I quote "Although the Trojans beat the Rebles last season many saw it as a FLUKE. Your own home town paper knows

THE TRUTH!

YAK-YAK-YAK, goodspeed03, YAK-YAK-YAK :o

get off it bro. you can ask any maryville or morristown west fan if that was a fluke or not. we beat them at their place and they beat us at ours. i dont see how you say when a team wins that has gone 35-4 the last 3 years is a fluke. i just dont get it.

starsnbars i like the post bro you have your stats in line. i am glad somebody takes the time to break it down like that. should be a good game this friday. no matter who wins i think both teams will get better and hopefully see each other later on in the season i like the post

Guest caligula

I am in the onlyone that thinks this guy is fbwiz??????????? I like the reporter comparison. Maryville 99 West 0!!!!!!!!

No that is not correct this is gonna be a good game, Carl and Chris are tough it would be nice to see how West can stop both of them. Maryville's D is thick but they should get a test as far as the secondary goes cause aren't both Clements injured, Russle is playing though, right? As far as passing Cade needs to be careful cause he is young and new and Alcoa, Heritage, and Halls aren't like West so it wont be the same game. Isom is a bad man. Is he going pro in baseball? Anyway this will be the best match up in the state.

Most seem to have the same basic question, Can Maryville's starters play an entire game? These kids are in great shape and can without question go 4 qtrs if nessessary. West will be tough at home at first but I expect the same factor every Maryville foe falls to. Maryville will wear down West and beat them by 17-24 points, on their home soil. I still expect a good "Seasoned" 2nd string to play in the 4th Qtr and Mor west will fall like the rest.

Posted by flyinpro:

Most seem to have the same basic question, Can Maryville's starters play an entire game? These kids are in great shape and can without question go 4 qtrs if nessessary. West will be tough at home at first but I expect the same factor every Maryville foe falls to. Maryville will wear down West and beat them by 17-24 points, on their home soil. I still expect a good "Seasoned" 2nd string to play in the 4th Qtr and Mor west will fall like the rest.

Yes, they can. They've been proving that they can play all quarters in an important game after a series of blowouts for the last five years. Our coaches know how to get them ready for a big game. Last year they did not really think Morristown West would pose such a challenge early in the year. They do this year.

I see Carl Stewart as being capable of breaking several long runs against this West defense. The defense can't key on him or otherwise McCord will get his yards too. So it will be rather difficult for the West defense to try to figure out how to stop the Rebels, especially if the passing game is clicking. The Rebels defense will not have that hard a time with the West offense, because our experienced and talented linebackers and part of the defensive line have seen it all before twice. And this year they are really doing an outstanding job defensively against everybody.

I'm not going to go as far to say that last year's Morristown West game was a fluke, because I could see that the Trojans clearly took it to the Rebels. But honestly I think the Rebels would have won if they were more prepared. I don't think they were focused that week. West was. Good for them.

But this week the Rebels will be focused. That's the game right there. I say that Maryville will win 35-10 and I will be hoping mainly that nobody gets injuried.

I would not mind seeing a closer game for a change, and I know this is one of these games that very well could be a defensive one.

Nice job Stars by the way. Not a bad analysis of the game at all my man.

discipline and execution will be the key in this game. maryville is the best coached football team in the state regardless of classification. their offensive linemen are big, strong and execute with precision. their running backs do an excellent job of following their blocks. on the other hand, the rebs defense is probably one of the top 5 in the nation. their entire defense is extremely quick, strong, and very, very aggressive, and still show poise and discipline. if you would have watched the jeff/west game, you wouldn'g even give west a remote chance of beating maryville. west players are talented and quick, but they lack discipline in big way. maybe they will learn something from maryville this week, and hopefully it will change their attitude. rebs 49-14.

Guest thetruth11

I don't hate M-town West. The fact is I only write what I hear. Who do I hear them from? Other teams, coaches, papers, a lot of the things I write comes from the other end of Morristown, ie the Canes. So don't dislike me if I got the guts to put down what people are saying about those West boys. And I guess I have to fess up, last friday I saw a spark in the Trojans that I had not seen earlier in the year. Maybe this team has something, maybe not. Maybe they do have the heart, maybe not. I would like to see a team or two give the Maryrebs a good game, in fact the way some of the Rebs fans are talking, I maybe in the West stands this coming friday night. Maybe.

But to make sure all ya'll West boys know THE TRUTH not many people are giving you a chance, most of them really are saying it will be over before the half, I was up in Green-town today and they say you will get beat by three touchdowns or more and that the IMAC belongs to them this year. I found myself telling how good West looked at times last friday, hummmmm.

:confused: :confused:

Guest caligula

Which Maryville fans are you refering too? Thats okay the Maryville stands will be packed anyway. I am gonna make my way from Chattanothing to Burke-Tony Stadium and have a heck of a time watching this game. That McCallie ND game left me in shock and I need some fresh (real) football before I have a stroke.

Posted by flyinpro:

You wanna put cash on that?

Maryville's 2nd string will not get in the game and if Maryville wins, it won't be by 17-24 points.

Remember, I'm not a West fan. This is pure unbiased opinion here.