Info on White Station HS

olddevil

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct it did end 2 tds a piece, Whitestation has alot of speed and looks like they will be very good. The scrimmage was a game situation one. Millington started slow and then came on showing what they are capable of but we have lot of work to do. I guess it was not too bad with the limited practices we have been able to get in due to weather. I think both of these teams will be there in the end. :thumb:

both scores were against the majority of their ones to include the pick, our offensive score was with alot of our twos in.

Hi dou....it was good to see the Trojans visit WS. It looks to me like both teams are on course for a playoff run. (Assuming players stay healthy)

You're correct...the int was against our 1st team O, and the long pass/run after that was vs our 1st team D. I think both teams saw some good in what they did, yet also have to improve in some areas.

Good luck with the season Trojans...hopefully we can visit you again in the playoffs.

Spatansfan, we TROJANS were very impressed with your team and enjoyed great hospitality while visiting. I think you guys will have alot of success this year. I hope we really do not have to see you in the playoffs, you guys have a very good team with alot of entusiasim, we would rather have an easier path. Good luck to you. :thumb:

Spatansfan, we TROJANS were very impressed with your team and enjoyed great hospitality while visiting. I think you guys will have alot of success this year. I hope we really do not have to see you in the playoffs, you guys have a very good team with alot of entusiasim, we would rather have an easier path. Good luck to you. :thumb:

Well, I can think of easier paths through the playoffs than meeting Millington again....but for the time being, I haven't heard any significant buzz going on about any other local team being a serious contender. That's not to overlook anyone, but I just haven't heard anything other than Spartans/Trojans....

And which ever team represents west Tn, will have my support as we head east.

so dou... Tell me whats up with the Millington D.. are they having a hard time with it cause its new?? or what? Not saying that WS or Houston shouldnt of scored cause they both sound good.. Just curious because i was at the Houston scrimmage and they seemed to know there positions that game.. Fill me in or us..

You didn't ask me, but I'll offer my opinion to ya anyway! :D

Millington's D actually looked ok. There were good plays, and some that weren't so good. There were some reckless penalties that hurt your team too...such as an uneeded push after the play is dead kinda thing. It really looked like your team simply needs some game time action to develop the consistency you're accustomed to seeing from them.

We scrimmaged ECS and Jackson Central Merry a week ago. Our offense was up and down the field pretty easily against ECS, and after a slow start against JCM, same deal. So the Trojans actually did a decent job based on the early history of things.

I should point out, Fred Harvey (defense) and Julian Burton (offense) weren't playing...along with one of our young receivers (Ben Gholson) that has shown the ability to make tough catches. Otherwise, we were pretty much all there, doing what we do....

It's showtime! :thumb: