Henry county versus Liberty week 0

the prophet

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't run shonte 20 times a game and play him at safety. He aint gonna last all year. Yeah he had 120 somethin yards but 20 rushes is too much. Mac had 18 for 101 and a 34 yard reception. But anyways good job big red and let's don't do that again. Oh by the way maplewood beat hillsboro 35-6. WOW.

WHAT A GAME!!! Liberty came packin' some unexpected surprises. They are a GREAT team. I will have to agree with patriot04 except I think we need to look for quarterbacks to rotate a little more. McAdams and Craig should definitely get PT! Shonte can't be at a billion places at once. Let the guy get some rest! Anywho, Great game Patriots. Wished the fans were louder. :thumb:

I would like to see najee at qb a lil more. I think he is the future. But dang give him the ball. I don't know if he lost yards all night. I know he was crampin some but he is gonna be a stud.

I think Najee played well, but lets let the coaches coach and let us watch and enjoy. :thumb: It's the first game they'll be improvements and changes as the staff sees fit I'm sure.

I would love to see what #5 can do with the first team. He has had great scrimmage games and looks to have done alot of work in the offseason. I bet the passing game would really open up. I think hes the best passer on the field anyway. Then we can utilize #' 6, 7, & 16 alot more and not be so predictable with #'s 1, & 40. I was a little dissappointed with O-line blocking and run D. Pass D looked good! It's all OK though, 1st game of season against a really good Liberty team and we showed alot of heart coming back late in the second half and playing hard.

I would love to see what #5 can do with the first team. He has had great scrimmage games and looks to have done alot of work in the offseason. I bet the passing game would really open up. I think hes the best passer on the field anyway. Then we can utilize #' 6, 7, & 16 alot more and not be so predictable with #'s 1, & 40. I was a little dissappointed with O-line blocking and run D. Pass D looked good! It's all OK though, 1st game of season against a really good Liberty team and we showed alot of heart coming back late in the second half and playing hard.

Let's let the coaches do their jobs and we can talk about it on here and watch us make a run through the playoffs. :thumb:

Great game. A little too close for comfort, but it was nice to watch a WHOLE ball game. Might be the last one, as we will get better and we have no one left on our schedule. I saw the score last night with Dickson County and that team we DESTROYED in the jamboree :thumb: I'd say running clocks will begin later in the year when we get the Clarksville schools and the rest of our district!

Great job boys!! :thumb:

Great Night for football and man it is great to be watching football!!

Hillsboro got destroyed last night! ;) Might be our year to make it

Too close for comfort! Big Red pulled this game out by their determination not to give up. We have a lot of work to be done before next game. Line needs to tighten up, too many runs coming up the middle. Big plays and players where: Sims and Haley's interceptions. Najie had a great game (he was very impressive last night). Brandon French packed the punch on defense. I think McAdams may start seeing some more playing with the first team. He's got a great arm and strong passes. Everyone knows that we will run Mac and Shonte if we can, so our line needs to hold the other team off better or we need to pass more. We are NOT the team we once was, but i think we will be fine. I am positive the Patriots will continue improving in all areas as they always do. They never gave up last night and it was good to see that determinaion of wanting a WIN when you were down 18 to 6. Keep up the good work Big Red!

We can't run shonte 20 times a game and play him at safety. He aint gonna last all year. Yeah he had 120 somethin yards but 20 rushes is too much. Mac had 18 for 101 and a 34 yard reception. But anyways good job big red and let's don't do that again. Oh by the way maplewood beat hillsboro 35-6. WOW.

Being a former coach (I can tell from your comments that YOU are NOT) I will say that you are partly right and wrong. They did what they had to do to win the game. With Sims off the field HC loses this game. He was the best football player on either team. HC may not have to play so much in the coming weeks. A coach would rather error in playing their best player too much instead of not playing him enough. If HC loses this game with Sims RESTING on defense then the coaches will be called fools...and they should. In a close game ALWAYS play your best player as much as possible...assuming you want to win the game.