Independence Football

football69er

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the team shaping up with scrimmages? How's the Defense looking this year?

They have done well in scrimmages. Learning a new offense and defense with Coach Bennett. They scrimmage Dickson County tonight at Indy in their final scrimmage before their first game next Friday at siegel. (sp?)

I saw about 3 quarters of the Indy scrimmage with Dickson. Heckman did not finish the 1st quarter because of a banged up shoulder. This could be trouble with as much as he carries the ball. Linebackers played poorly, bad reads and tackling. One of the cornerbacks got beat consistanly, they will need to find another option. Indy's line is big, but they don't over power their opponents as you would think they might. There was a semblance of a running game, though the coaches should scrap the pitch plays. Both quarterbacks made poor decisions and bad pitches resulting in fumbles. Passing game was okay. Receivers ran mostly short routes, curls, outs, slants, and were getting open. QB execution was just average. Team still has a ways to go on both sides of the ball.

Not a good year to learn wing t formation should of just done singleback/ I-Formation.

"One of the cornerbacks got beat consistanly, they will need to find another option." Yea i know who he is gave up a td cause of it. Dickson Co, qb was smart, and Indys D-line was doing work as well. But when the d-line didnt pressure him or pressured him little he stayed composed and found a weak spot for their d; linebacking core. They seem to do well in man-to-man but zone coverage is an obvisious weak spot.

But, good teams work on their strengths and great teams work on their weakness's. Thats deffinitly what the offense was doing last night. For running back position, Bryce Styer should get the nod for head starting job; athletic, can catch out of backfield, good speed through the holes, and can break a tackle or two. Now the senior Brett Meeker is a brusier and will probably see more 3rd and short runs or goal line runs. #5 who ever he was needs to work on his hands, not only in the game but in warmups he was dropping everything.

not a good sign that the reads and tackling was off - teams ran at will last year on IHS and if it happens this year it will be another long season ...

Heckman is a tough kid and no doubts will be banged up if they cant at least make defenses play honest. think about how easy it would have been to be a d-cord last year knowing that INDY didnt have a running back....

any predications INDY fans on the season/standings....

I say watch out ravenwood as a dark horse to take honors....

I saw about 3 quarters of the Indy scrimmage with Dickson. Heckman did not finish the 1st quarter because of a banged up shoulder. This could be trouble with as much as he carries the ball. Linebackers played poorly, bad reads and tackling. One of the cornerbacks got beat consistanly, they will need to find another option. Indy's line is big, but they don't over power their opponents as you would think they might. There was a semblance of a running game, though the coaches should scrap the pitch plays. Both quarterbacks made poor decisions and bad pitches resulting in fumbles. Passing game was okay. Receivers ran mostly short routes, curls, outs, slants, and were getting open. QB execution was just average. Team still has a ways to go on both sides of the ball.

I'm sure this will start a real s---storm but this scenario sounds all too familiar. As I said earlier, sos/dd. Unless they do something other than the one trick pony everyone out there knows how to defend, it's going to be a long last season for Ubanks. If it goes that far. Any other ex-Titans out there looking for a job?!

Indy versus Siegel could be ugly. I've heard Siegel is pretty good and may compete for the third playoff spot out of that district. How bad is Heckman hurt? That will be the key. If he is so banged up that he can't play Friday, Siegel wins big.

Is our defense really that bad? Why is there no improvement in the linebackers? I thought Campbell brought on this new D-Coordinator to help the team. We've got a week to straighten this mess out. Good luck Eagles!!

I'm sure this will start a real s---storm but this scenario sounds all too familiar. As I said earlier, sos/dd. Unless they do something other than the one trick pony everyone out there knows how to defend, it's going to be a long last season for Ubanks. If it goes that far. Any other ex-Titans out there looking for a job?!

Have you personally seen any of Indy's scrimmages? If so how can you tell if it is going to be a long season or not based on someone else's posts. They are not a one trick pony this year. They can and will run the ball and they can pass also. I have seen 3 of 4 scrimmages and they are an improved team. They still have a lot to improve on. The only poster on Indy's threads that causes the s storm is you with your constant negativity. Please pick another team to follow and post about. Your posts are sos/dd in my opinion.

Have you personally seen any of Indy's scrimmages? If so how can you tell if it is going to be a long season or not based on someone else's posts. They are not a one trick pony this year. They can and will run the ball and they can pass also. I have seen 3 of 4 scrimmages and they are an improved team. They still have a lot to improve on. The only poster on Indy's threads that causes the s storm is you with your constant negativity. Please pick another team to follow and post about. Your posts are sos/dd in my opinion.

Just as I predicted and just who I figured. Can't wait to hear from the rest of the blind bandwagoners. Touch a raw nerve and the big hot wind begins to blow! I'll follow and post as I choose. I still wish them luck though. Sadly, I think they'll need all they can get. Good luck on Friday at Siegel!