Overton and Smyrna Scrimmage

Bobcat

This was a great scrimmage for both teams. Both teams played their 1st teams 85 person of the scrimmage with Smyrna coming out on top 14-0. Both were able to move the ball against each other. Smryna scored on a fumble pick up as Overton was driving inside Smyrna's 10 yd line. Smyrna also scored on air strike in the end zone from about 15 yards out. Overton moved the ball down to the 5 yrd line but was'nt able to scored as time expired in the first half of the scrimmage. Both defenses looked great. I think Smryna 2nd unit scored also.

To me it was over when Overton fumbled the snap on the six inch line and Smyrna returned it for a score. Opening drive Smyrna couldnt do anything on offense and Overton moved the ball easily. Then the fumble and it was all down hill. Smyrna looked okay but not overly impressive. The backs looked tough. The defense needs improvement in the secondary. I think the final was 21-7 with the 7 for Overton coming late.