Ensworth to play only 9 games?

TheBigRedDog

By the way, its a shame the Tuscola,NC team had to cancel its appearance at EHS. Their QB, Tyler Brosius, a UVA signee listed as 6'3", 240, is pretty special. He has several YouTube clips that display both a strong arm and great touch. It might be best for Ensworth to not have to play those guys the week after their game at MBA, which should be a dandy!

Actually, Tuscola is not a top North Carolina team(maybe top 30). They were beaten in the second round of the 3A playoffs last year. That would be the equivalent of Tennessee's 4A last year. I would compare them to a team like Sullivan South, or maybe Maplewood. Enough to give a stiff first half challenge, but would crumble in the second half against a team like Ensworth. It would've been a nice breather after playing Oakland and MBA. Ensworth would've beaten them handily. Their QB is outstanding, but as a team they would not have been able to hang with Ensworth. Now, as for playing a team like Curtis, that would've been tough right after playing Oakland and MBA. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Ensworth match up against them, but it would be a long day.

Ensworth's schedule is already tough enough. I look forward to them progressing as a team. It will be another powerhouse team that could represent Tennessee in the near future. MBA and BA already represent well. If you want to talk about a tough schedule, look up St. Xavier out of Cincinnati,OH. They play the toughest schedule in the nation every year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was afraid my effort at a little humor might be misconstrued, BigRedRoll. I certainly wasn't offended by your original post. My point was that Ricky had made a big change in the degree of difficulty this year by "trading" some of the teams they played last year that were mentioned in Shakinthefat's message for some powerhouses that might cause some people to question his sanity. I know that he's worried about it.

Fair enough. Hard to tell without "knowing" someone's message board humor.