Catholic @ Rhea

Well I'm about ready to throw my opinion out there:

Since we've had a bit of the injury bug and few players have quit over the past few weeks, I don't see Rhea County firing on all cylinders offensively. Rice will score more than once. Cam Tallent has a decent game, but not what we would hope to see from him. Knox Catholic's new offense doesn't click, and our defense dominates.

Rhea Co 42

Knox Catholic 2

:mellow:

42-2? Wow. That is a little one-sided. I like the enthusiasm, but Catholic is the defending state champs. I am pretty sure they haven't lost all of their starters. And remember, we are still running that 3-5 defense you guys always bash. I would give KC a little more credit than two points, but that's just me.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, the Irish come out pumped up and ready to go and their offense works a lot better than the jamboree and they move the ball down the field several times. On defense however, maybe give up a big play or two in the first half. In the second half, KC will come out and run the offense a lot better-first time in a full game and they will be a lot more comfortable with each other on the field-both on defense and offense. I say catholic wins this one 45-28.

It's just a stab in the dark. I know what those boys are capable of doing with those athletes. But the games I've watched I just haven't seen all of it yet. I think we will tomorrow night. At the same time all i know about Rhea is what was on the scouting report by Rhea co. so I'm not sure how these guys will match up. Have a safe trip KC fans and I'll see you Eagles fans tomorrow night.

Where is all the chatter this group of Rhea fans have had in the past??? It's Thursday at lunchtime and nobody is talking? How full should we expect Eagle Stadium to be tomorrow night? RheaCo, how has practice went this week?

I have heard from a couple players that a couple of seniors walked off the team this week. They said they didn't like their spot on the depth chart, or something of that matter. I also heard from another senior that Wilkerson quit. If I'm not mistaking, I thought he was slated to start at cornerback. Can I get a confirmation on these rumors that I'm hearing from the parents at work and some of the players?

I see us coming out to play tomorrow night. Hopefully, Coach Fitz and the rest of the staff have gotten the boys ready for a tough first game. We need everyone healthy and ready to go. It would be nice to send the reigning 3A state champions back to Knoxville with an L. What do you guys think; surely you all have heard things this week :roflol:

Not meaning to be rude or nothing but all the information about the boys quitting on their team the week of the very first game has already been covered either on this thread or on the Rhea County thread. They didn't like their placement on the depth chart so they quit on their team mates. I think that speaks for itself.

I think Rhea County will win this game. It will be a tough one but from what I read, the youngsters we've had step up are tough and they're all playing like a true team. I think the hometown boys will come out a little shaky at first then they'll hit their stride with a big crowd behind them tomorrow night.

My guess: Rhea County 21; Knox Catholic 10

Finally, game day is here. The forecast looks pretty decent, just a bit warm. Looks like it will be in the neighborhood of eighty degrees with a thirty percent chance of isolated storms. Hopefully with the good bit of rain we've had the past couple days the field will be in good shape. Let's get behind the young 'uns early and stay with 'em all game long!

I'm hearing Catholic 28, Rhea County 6. I heard that Catholic took the opening kick-off down to Rhea County's 3, but couldn't get it in and missed a field goal. Rhea County took the ball down and score (and I guess missed the extra point) and it was 6-0 after 1. Apparently Catholic did a good job of regrouping. SportsAnimal didn't stream the game like they were supposed to (did Webb - Central instead), but I've been told the engineers are going to try to have that fixed for next time. In any case, because of this I don't know anything else. Any one have any other details?